Author Topic: First Charges Filed in Mueller Case  (Read 3284 times)

Parsad

• Administrator
No man is a failure who has friends!

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: First Charges Filed in Mueller Case
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/79nd8a/paul_manafort_who_once_ran_trump_campaign_told_to/

Crazy stuff:

He was a pretty obvious target if you think about it. He's been tied to Russia for years and worked to destabilize Ukraine during their revolution. He's bad news. Even his daughters hate the man for what he did in Ukraine.
"Don't fool yourself," Andrea wrote to her sister, according to the texts. "That money we have is blood money." "You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly," she continued, according to the reviewed texts. "As a tactic to outrage the world and get focus on Ukraine. Remember when there were all those deaths taking place. A while back. About a year ago. Revolts and what not. Do you know whose strategy that was to cause that, to send those people out and get them slaughtered."
This man is a scumbag and I'm glad he's the first to be indicted.

As the next commenter says, "Seems like a bad hombre".
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Watch this, please

DTEJD1997

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
Hey all:

I also suspect that this is simply the beginning.

There are going to be more indictments...but I think some people are going to be VERY surprised/upset to see what is coming.

I would be surprised if Hillary is NOT ultimately indicted...along with others.

Uccmal

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
Hey all:

There are going to be more indictments...but I think some people are going to be VERY surprised/upset to see what is coming.

Well, as we all know from corporate malfeasance:  There are plenty of cockroaches yet to be uncovered. 
GARP tending toward value

Value^2

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
Hey all:

I think they're just waiting when this investigation is over, before they go after Clinton's crime family.

cobafdek

LC

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Yea my guess is Trump fires Mueller and winds down the investigation. I'm just excited to see what excuse he uses this time.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | khc | nke | mo | renx | c | wppgy | dis | cmp

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
As stupid as Trump is, he's street smart enough like a mafia Don to insulate himself.  I think those close to him will be in trouble, but none of it will be able to tie directly to him.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Uccmal

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »
As stupid as Trump is, he's street smart enough like a mafia Don to insulate himself.  I think those close to him will be in trouble, but none of it will be able to tie directly to him.  Cheers!

Maybe so.  But screwing all those who 'helped' you along the way isn't going to engender any loyalty from these guys or others.  My guess is that eventually a few of these dudes will turn on him to save their own skins. 

I dont think any of these older guys will want to do jail time, or pay bankruptcy level fines, to shield Trump.   His own party wants to see him thrown to the wolves as soon as they can, and may not tolerate any presidential pardons.  He doesn't have any allies left.  Chris Christie maybe, but thats hardly a consolation. 
GARP tending toward value

Rainforesthiker

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
Kind of a letdown huh.  Special Counsel and a large team spend a year or so, and they come up with a tax evasion charge for Manafort that was incurred before he became campaign manager . . .  No mention of "collusion" or anything related to Trump or the campaign.
The key question:  What is the "inefficient rationale" - the reason the market is mispricing the stock.  Why doesn't the powerful force of the wisdom of the crowd manifest here to produce the correct price?