Author Topic: Michael Flynn is prepared to testify against Donald Trump, 45th Pres. of the US.  (Read 4735 times)

Gregmal

This doesn't seem like a big deal.  From the article:

Retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn has promised “full cooperation” in the special counsel’s Russia investigation and, according to a confidant, is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.

What issues do people have with this?

Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI about the nature of his conversations with then-Russian ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak during the presidential transition. Those conversations led Russian officials to temper their response to increased U.S. sanctions, according to the charging documents.

So there was some back door conversations about the sanctions.  What harm was done here?   

It sounds like there is some legit dirt on Manafort but this seems like smoke.

This will be like every other major Trump headline for the past two years. Libs and media outlets get a major boner for 24-48 hours thinking they've finally got the smoking gun. Two weeks later no one cares as it was much ado about nothing.

cobafdek

Anti-Trumpers have two ways to lose, and no way to win.

1.  Flynn testifies that Trump instructed him to contact the Russians to tell them his administration will drop sanctions if they get dirt on Clinton.  This is collusion, and collusion is not a crime.  Case closed.  Trump wins and stays in office.

2.  Flynn testifies that instructions about contacting the Russians went no higher than lower level Trump officials.  Again, Trump wins and stays in office.

As of today, the only way Trump gets ousted from office is if the economy tanks next year, resulting in a Democrat sweep of Congress, then impeachment.  Anybody betting on this?

ScottHall

Trump can only ever win, never lose. There are no circumstances under which Trump can lose; if Democrats are elected, perhaps we can decide not to seat them after the next Congressional elections.
You can follow me on Twitter @ScottMONEYHall

Hawks

So why has Trump, his family and his aides repeatedly lied about contacts and discussions with the Russians even before the President took office?  this is not "fake news" or a "hoax" any longer.
And why does Trump believe what Putin tells him, but doesn't believe his own CIA or FBI?  Will Trump's tax filings and business dealings reveal his indebtedness to the Russians?   is it just a coincidence that Trump never supported additional sanctions against the Russians?
The electorate doesn't know the real truth about all this yet, but hopefully answers will be forthcoming. Either Trump and his White House are totally innocent as the facts will show, or they lied and covered up.

rb

Anti-Trumpers have two ways to lose, and no way to win.

1.  Flynn testifies that Trump instructed him to contact the Russians to tell them his administration will drop sanctions if they get dirt on Clinton.  This is collusion, and collusion is not a crime.  Case closed.  Trump wins and stays in office.
Sure, I mean what's a little collusion with a foreign power if it helps your side win an election. Patriotism am I rite? But don't nobody dare kneel during the national anthem.

Next election cycle you guys should hold an auction. Maybe North Korea and Iran can also pitch in to help elect officials. Wondering what China is thinking...

cobafdek

Sure, I mean what's a little collusion with a foreign power if it helps your side win an election.

So why has Trump, his family and his aides repeatedly lied about contacts and discussions with the Russians even before the President took office?

These may be part of a case for impeachment.

I'm still waiting for you guys to name a law Trump himself violated.

Hawks

Possibly "violation of the U.S. elections act" which is illegal, "conspiracy" with foreign power to hack servers which is criminal act,  to name two. I don't know where this will lead, and nor do you or anyone else, yet. Time will tell.

bookie71

• Lifetime Member
I'm still waiting for you guys to name a law Trump himself violated.
Not a law, but incompetency  and making Obama look good for starters.
Law would be treason.
I'm beginning to think Hilary would have been better (bite my tongue)
Always remember, Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Value^2

Not a law, but incompetency  and making Obama look good for starters.
Law would be treason.

You had It all wrong.... but what Clintons did with Uranium one deal, that is indeed treachery.
I'm beginning to think Hilary would have been better (bite my tongue)
::)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:25:23 PM by Value^2 »