Author Topic: Other charitable contributions from Uranium buyers?  (Read 2181 times)

EliG

Re: Other charitable contributions from Uranium buyers?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
So the person making the argument to me is asking how a government official is allowed to have a charity that gets donations from people/organizations that have business/dealings with the USA government?  That in of itself is prima facie evidence of corruption/shady dealings.

Those in positions of power (and immediate family members) should not be getting money from people wanting favorable dealings with the government.

DTEJD1997, just so I understand correctly, are you really saying that you regret voting for Trump? ;)

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Elig Left-Wing propagandist defending Clinton. What a surprise. Jail Mannafort and Trump but, not Clinton hey?

Then this guy called himself a Conservative in a different post  :o

Cardboard

EliG

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
Elig Left-Wing propagandist defending Clinton. What a surprise. Jail Mannafort and Trump but, not Clinton hey?

Then this guy called himself a Conservative in a different post  :o

Cardboard

Would it surprise you that I always vote Conservative in Canadian elections? Never voted Liberal or NDP in my entire life, and not about to start.

Being conservative means different things to different people. From where I sit, you are not a conservative and neither is GOP in its current form.

Good day.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 07:35:32 PM »
So you are a racist?

Cardboard

ScottHall

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »
So you are a racist?

Cardboard

Uh... WTF?
You can follow me on Twitter @ScottMONEYHall

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:31 AM »
WTF what? Where have you been???

That is how Conservatives are being perceived and labeled on this board and in the mainstream media. And for Elig to be calling himself a Conservative... I would really like to know which part of the platform he supports?

Cardboard

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 10:36:46 AM »
WTF what? Where have you been???

That is how Conservatives are being perceived and labeled on this board and in the mainstream media. And for Elig to be calling himself a Conservative... I would really like to know which part of the platform he supports?

Cardboard

Big difference between the alt-right conservative movement we see in the U.S. and the conservative movement we see in Canada.  Forget apples to apples, it's not even apples to peaches! 

I voted Liberal provincially and Conservative federally, and I'm a social-liberal and fiscal-conservative.  I would never imagine in a thousand years that I would vote for the likes of Donald Trump or right-wing nutjobs like Steve Bannon! 

If you think those guys are conservative, then Cardboard, you would be on the very far, far right wing side of the Canadian conservative movement.  A distinct minority within the Conservative party...probably less than 10%.  The bulk of Canadian conservatives would be viewed as moderate-conservatives in the U.S. 

I remember when the Reform party was started, and Canadians thought they were extreme...they weren't even a smidgen of what we are witnessing in the U.S. on the alt-right side...they are truly becoming an extremist bunch, and the scary thing is a large swathe of the American population and Republican party seem ok with it!  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 12:14:33 PM »
As I asked Elig, which part of the Conservative Party of Canada platform do you support?

A vague answer is this one: "I'm a social-liberal and fiscal-conservative."

In other words, this means that you don`t want to pay increased taxes, want the government to have a balanced budget but, want all the freebies that the government is currently providing and more.

This is more the: "Not in my backyard Conservative Party of Canada." or "Head in the sand Conservative Party of Canada."

In case you have missed it, freebies do not exist. Someone has to pay for it.

So while you call our American conservative friends extremists or what have you, you should be proud that the Conservative Party of Canada has elected a leader because he supported some farmers and their quotas on eggs, milk and chicken production. In effect, preventing free markets from operating and turning some farmers lucky enough to be in these markets millionaires and more from having received for free these quotas in the 60`s and 70`s while they gouge Canadian customers.

When you understand some of that, you realize that Mr. Trump and his opposition to NATFA is actually not that detrimental to Canada and its citizens.

Cardboard

Otsog

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
I voted Liberal provincially and Conservative federally

But the BC Liberals are the mainstream right wing party.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
The way I look at the whole Clinton thing is that nothing will ever be proven, that is how our government works.  But the fact that the Clintons have been in government for most of their adult lives and are worth tens of millions of dollars tells me all I need to know. 

Harry S Truman:  "No man can get rich in politics unless he's a crook. It cannot be done"

EDIT:  I can't find a good reference for that quote, but there is this one which means/implies the same and is probably the basis for the popular misquote above:

"An honest public servant can't become rich in politics."
     --Harry S. Truman (https://www.trumanlibrary.org/speaks.htm)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:45:07 AM by rkbabang »