Author Topic: Re: illegal immigrants and stolen social security numbers  (Read 2628 times)

randomep

• Bull Bear and Value Blog
Re: illegal immigrants and stolen social security numbers
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:20 PM »
Illegal aliens don't vote  and likely drain way more revenue than pay in taxes.  Why is it a benefit for Democratic Party to encourage the growth of illegals?

Illegals can easily vote with fake id's - in return the Democratic Party in CA and IL promise lots of expanded social services for them.
This has been a clear strategy started in California - and has permanently flipped CA to Democratic. It recently spread to NV and NM
and the hope it will continue to Texas and the rest of the Southwest.

So who here thinks that illegals would go to the polling booth (which in their mind would risk deportation) and try to influence a election. If you think so, can you tell me how many illegals votes there are? and how many is the minimum needed to influence a election (congress, or presidency or whatever)

There are so many ridiculously wrong things with this train of thought to me on the same lines as people who deny we went to the moon.

cubsfan

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
Illegal aliens don't vote  and likely drain way more revenue than pay in taxes.  Why is it a benefit for Democratic Party to encourage the growth of illegals?

Illegals can easily vote with fake id's - in return the Democratic Party in CA and IL promise lots of expanded social services for them.
This has been a clear strategy started in California - and has permanently flipped CA to Democratic. It recently spread to NV and NM
and the hope it will continue to Texas and the rest of the Southwest.

So who here thinks that illegals would go to the polling booth (which in their mind would risk deportation) and try to influence a election. If you think so, can you tell me how many illegals votes there are? and how many is the minimum needed to influence a election (congress, or presidency or whatever)

There are so many ridiculously wrong things with this train of thought to me on the same lines as people who deny we went to the moon.

Well then, why in the world would they risk deportation by applying for a driver's license?
Why would they risk that Mr. genius?

Heck, they can ever commit felonies in California - and there is no risk they get deported!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:39:36 PM by cubsfan »

LC

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »
Well then, why in the world would they risk deportation by applying for a driver's license?

Heck, they can ever commit felonies in California - and there is no risk they get deported!

Well, Mr. Dumbass, maybe it's partially because:

As of May 2017, twelve states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, and Washington), the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico have laws in their books that allow illegal immigrants to obtain a driver's license or some type of driving permit.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | cash

cubsfan

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »

Well, Mr. Dumbass, maybe it's partially because:

As of May 2017, twelve states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, and Washington), the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico have laws in their books that allow illegal immigrants to obtain a driver's license or some type of driving permit.

No shit Sherlock -that's what I just said.

And with that drivers license, they can vote with no fear of deportation.

LC

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »
What the hell are you smoking? Please share it god dammit! It is a felony to vote in a federal election as a non-citizen. They absolutely risk deportation:

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 611, it is a crime – punishable by a fine and up to one year in prison – for an alien to vote in a federal election.
Pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1227, any alien who has voted in violation of any Federal, State, or local constitutional provision, statute, ordinance, or regulation is deportable.
Pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1973gg-10(2) any false statement concerning an applicant’s citizenship status that is made on a registration form submitted to election authorities is a crime.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 911 knowing and willful false assertions of United States citizenship in order to vote are punishable by up to three years in prison.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 1015(f) it is a criminal offense for an individual to make a false statement or claim that he or she is a citizen of the United States in order to register or to vote.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | cash

Ross812

• Lifetime Member
  • One of my favorite bourbons at any price!
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
12M undocumented immigrants is about 3% of the US population. Let's take CA as the example though because they have the highest percentage at 6% of the population. http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

Now let's ignore the fact that it is a crime to vote if you are not a citizen and they vote at the same rate as Hispanic American citizens 38%. Then let's assume that 10% would vote for Republicans cause why not right? So now we have  2% of the population if CA voting illegally for Democrats. Now granted it is a travesty a worse case scenario of 2% of the CA population is voting illegally for Democrats, is it really turning the state from red to blue?

This has even less effect in the other 49 states.

Edit typos: my tiny hands cannot type on this smart phone thingy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:43:33 PM by Ross812 »
-Portfolio by size-
LKQ, ADS, BRK.B, FRFHF, AXP, DIS, TJX, SBUX, BF.B, NOV, Liberty Cos., ORLY, LCSHF, WLTW, GILD, BAM, V, TRIP, ATUSF, KMI

cubsfan

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »
What the hell are you smoking? Please share it god dammit! It is a felony to vote in a federal election as a non-citizen. They absolutely risk deportation:

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 611, it is a crime – punishable by a fine and up to one year in prison – for an alien to vote in a federal election.
Pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1227, any alien who has voted in violation of any Federal, State, or local constitutional provision, statute, ordinance, or regulation is deportable.
Pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1973gg-10(2) any false statement concerning an applicant’s citizenship status that is made on a registration form submitted to election authorities is a crime.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 911 knowing and willful false assertions of United States citizenship in order to vote are punishable by up to three years in prison.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 1015(f) it is a criminal offense for an individual to make a false statement or claim that he or she is a citizen of the United States in order to register or to vote.

Don't be naive LC - the Obama administration suspended many Federal illegal immigration laws with his countless executive orders.
You go get your drivers license, you get sign up for a vote card with a "pledge" you are a citizen resident - and you're in business.
No one got deported under Obama, certainly not in California/Illinois.

It's all part of President Obama's legacy - he destroyed the Democratic Party.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:16:54 AM by cubsfan »

MarkS

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2018, 07:01:46 AM »

They're legitimate sources that claim illegal immigrants do in fact vote.   However, like most polarizing issues you can find other sources that take the opposite position.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/19/noncitizen-illegal-vote-number-higher-than-estimat/

Also the U.S. is one of a handful of countries that grants citizenship to people born here.  So any child born in the country is automatically a citizen even if the parents are illegal.  The democrats have also made it clear that a path to citizenship, which would include voting rights, is mandatory for any agreement on immigration reform.  Additionally, illegal immigrants are counted in the census and are used to determine the number of representatives for any given state.  Since we have no effective border,  I think people are justified in believing that voting power will change over time.

This article has some eye opening facts.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/4/illegal-immigrants-who-vote-not-tracked/

Although voting by non-citizens is theoretically a crime, in practice I doubt there is much risk involved in the practice.  Enforcing criminal statutes is for the most part a local activity.   In all of my years of voting I've never seen either a federal agent or a state trooper at a polling station.  The only police that I've ever seen are local cops.  A common feature  across sanctuary cities is a policy that local police are barred from asking people about their citizenship status.  Moreover, if police started to ask that question, they would quickly be accused by the ACLU of racial profiling.  So I'm not convince that criminal statutes by themselves present much of a deterrence.

Ross812

• Lifetime Member
  • One of my favorite bourbons at any price!
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2018, 08:31:33 AM »
All I'm saying is let's not pretend undocumented immigrants are voting in the same proportion as citizens. There may be some data that suggests they are voting illegally and that is a problem I will agree, but it isn't swinging elections. There is just not enough undocumented immigrants as a % of the population for that to happen right now. Also, in California, the hot bed of all this illegally voting due to the issuance of drivers licenses, the driver's license you are issued if you cannot prove US citizenship is called an ab60. It cannot be used for ID at any federal facility and the option to register to vote is disabled at the DMV (Box is greyed out) and online. So it would seem these people may have a few more hoops to jump through to get into a polling place than just their ab60 license.
-Portfolio by size-
LKQ, ADS, BRK.B, FRFHF, AXP, DIS, TJX, SBUX, BF.B, NOV, Liberty Cos., ORLY, LCSHF, WLTW, GILD, BAM, V, TRIP, ATUSF, KMI

MarkS

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »
I don't live in California.  But as I understand it all you need is a utility bill as a form of ID.  https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/what-bring/
If I'm mistaken, please let me know.

You're other assumption - that they're aren't enough illegal votes to matter doesn't account for close races like the Franken vs Coleman race in 2008,  which came down to about 300 votes.  As I remember, electing Franken gave the Dems enough of a margin to pass Obamacare.