Author Topic: Re: Klarman worried about political divide  (Read 12666 times)

MarkS

Re: Klarman worried about political divide
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »
Welcome "George"  :D nice to have you

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »

You guys should listen to Soros' Davos talk, it's spectacular.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2019, 05:59:26 AM »
I read enough hate already from that message board. No need to get more from one of the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen.

Cardboard

Spekulatius

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2019, 07:09:28 AM »
LOL at the people saying we should respect economists... As already mentioned, with other professions, there are exact metrics by which to judge. Economists are basically high end weathermen. If anything I compare them to stock analysts. Guys who would be running money rather than writing book reports; if they were any good at it. But when they aren't knowing the talking points and sounding academic helps...

I respect the freakonomist kind of economists. They look at socials experiments that have occurred in the last or are occurring presently and trying to figure out what happens and why. There are about 200 nations in the world and a whole lot of history. That amounts to a significant amount of social experiments that have been conducted. One sure can learn a lot from it. Sure, some is transferable and some is not, due to a different social or economic backdrop. I would bet there is a lot of useful data out there that has been looked at for sure, but has it been looked at in a way they aided decision making?
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

DeepValuePlay

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2019, 02:23:59 AM »
Can anyone share the 2018 letter from Klarman that everyone is talking about...?

Thanks!
"What the wise man does at the beginning, the fool does in the end"