Author Topic: Result of Mueller Investigation  (Read 8636 times)

SafetyinNumbers

Re: Result of Mueller Investigation
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2019, 06:58:50 AM »
It's kind of funny that Trump was trying to impeach Obama while he was President claiming Obama wasn't born in the US.

He was "trying"? Trump held no office when Obama was president and had no power to impeach anyone.

No political power except he was claiming that Obama wasn’t qualified to be President based on where he thought Obama was born.  Obviously, it was just a silly farce to make Obama seem illegitimate but he convinced about half of Republican voters based on polling that it was the case.

If it was actually true, Obama would have been immediately impeached but he knew it wasn’t and kept saying it was true anyway.

Spare me the Hillary started it stuff. It’s not relevant to the discussion.

Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2019, 07:25:00 AM »
It's kind of funny that Trump was trying to impeach Obama while he was President claiming Obama wasn't born in the US.

He was "trying"? Trump held no office when Obama was president and had no power to impeach anyone.

No political power except he was claiming that Obama wasn’t qualified to be President based on where he thought Obama was born.  Obviously, it was just a silly farce to make Obama seem illegitimate but he convinced about half of Republican voters based on polling that it was the case.

If it was actually true, Obama would have been immediately impeached but he knew it wasn’t and kept saying it was true anyway.

Spare me the Hillary started it stuff. It’s not relevant to the discussion.

A lot of private citizens claim a lot of things.  I've claimed that every president in my lifetime is a war criminal.  Would you say that I've been trying to get them impeached?

The rumor/theory started because the biographical info he submitted to his publisher said that he was "Kenya born."  It still exists on the wayback machine web archive.  He could have squashed such theories immediately by simply releasing his birth certificate.  The whole thing was always a non-issue as far as I am concerned because his mother was a US citizen, so IMHO he is a "natural born citizen" regardless of where his mother's person was physically located at the time of his birth.  I know legal scholars disagree on this, but has it ever really been tested in the courts?  It doesn't matter at all now either way because he is no longer in office and can't be re-elected having served his 2 terms.  And Trump talking trash about him hardly amounts to a serious effort to impeach him that had a chance in hell of working.

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2019, 07:50:18 AM »
hey all:

Do the politicians pushing for Trump's impeachment think that IF successful, everybody will go about their business and things will simply be business as usual?  That the only thing that changes is that Mr. Pence is now in charge on day #2?

I don't think it will.

Those politicians better think about the law of unintended consequences.

Might the markets get spooked?  Might they go down?  Might they go down BIGLY?

Might the USA have trouble with it's enemies/rivals?  Might the USA have trouble with it's friends?

Might some people in the USA see it as coup? 

I don't know....but I strongly suspect that things could very easily get out of hand.

I hope I'm wrong!

Just for balance, the other side of the coin is 'call the bluff'

Takes a while to impeach, and all that 'corruption' press reduces the effectiveness of the replacements marketing campaign.
All those criminal inditements also point to a criminal organization, and racketeering; should a RICO prosecution be successfull, the money flow will rapidly dry up. US federal laws prohibit lending/donating to racketeering organizations  ;D

Wall Street has derivatives, and will do very well as long as there is volatility. It's a simple matter to ensure, there's lot of brush about to ensure a hot burn, and a LOT of money to be made. As Trump likes to say ... 'the art of the deal'; brought to you by friends and cronies. Betting against impeachment, is to bet against greed.

Start impeachment proceedings, and you start the 'negotiation'; that ultimately will be resolved to the mutual best interests of both the Republican and Democrat parties. Our own thoughts are that rather than impeachment, Trump gets 'fired' in a nod to the 'Me Too' movement. Subvert the popularity of 'The Apprentice', Trumps 'Game Over' knock-off,  and the 'Me Too' protest movement to the Republican party - just ahead of the next election. And maximize value.

To quote the great Gordon Gecko, WallStreet. Greed is good, greed works!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8y6DJAeolo

SD

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:52:39 AM by SharperDingaan »

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2019, 08:01:45 AM »
hey all:

Do the politicians pushing for Trump's impeachment think that IF successful, everybody will go about their business and things will simply be business as usual?  That the only thing that changes is that Mr. Pence is now in charge on day #2?

I don't think it will.

Might the USA have trouble with it's enemies/rivals?  Might the USA have trouble with it's friends?

I don't know....but I strongly suspect that things could very easily get out of hand.

I hope I'm wrong!

Takes a while to impeach, and all that 'corruption' press reduces the effectiveness of the replacements marketing campaign.
All those criminal inditements also point to a criminal organization, and racketeering; should a RICO prosecution be successfull, the money flow will rapidly dry up. US federal laws prohibit lending/donating to racketeering organizations  ;D

Wall Street has derivatives, and will do very well as long as there is volatility. It's a simple matter to ensure, there's lot of brush about to ensure a hot burn, and a LOT of money to be made. As Trump likes to say ... 'the art of the deal'; brought to you by friends and cronies. Betting against impeachment, is to bet against greed.

Start impeachment proceedings, and you start the 'negotiation'; that ultimately will be resolved to the mutual best interests of both the Republican and Democrat parties. Our own thoughts are that rather than impeachment, Trump gets 'fired' in a nod to the 'Me Too' movement. Subvert the popularity of 'The Apprentice', Trumps 'Game Over' knock-off,  and the 'Me Too' protest movement to the Republican party - just ahead of the next election. And maximize value.

SD 

Is the fact that one of the leading candidates on the other side publicly fondles women and children a nod to the #metoo movement as well?  I don't think the democratic party can nod to the #metoo movement with a straight face while Biden is considered a legitimate candidate.

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »
hey all:

I don't think it will.

I hope I'm wrong!

SD

Can you imagine if Trump had something similar to the Mueller report on Obama, what he would have said?

A fun mental exercise would be to find and replace “Trump” with “Obama” and say “Russia” with “Iran” (since Trump supporters also think Obama is Muslim) in the Mueller report and see if you totally support Obama.

Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
Greed could care less ;) .....
Show me the money, & give me entertainment.
Fox News is great!

SD

DTEJD1997

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2019, 07:09:00 AM »
hey all:

I don't think it will.

I hope I'm wrong!

SD

Volatility is indeed good for trading & making profits...most of the time.

I'm talking about YUGE volatility. 

I don't think that would be good at all.

For example, there are a LOT of pensions in the USA that are underfunded.  This is ESPECIALLY true for small municipalities.  What happens if the market gyrates and goes down 40%?  If the pensions are having trouble NOW, what happens if the market goes down 40%?  They are kaput.  Pensioners are going to have to take HUGE cuts. 

That is not going to sit well.  Some people may get upset.

What happens if the large decline roils the credit markets?  Some businesses may not be able to "roll over" their loans and go bankrupt.  When they go bankrupt a bunch of people get let go.  Unemployment goes up, way up.

I can make all sorts of "what ifs".  The point is that there are still lots of fragile areas of the economy and a lot of people will get upset.  Perhaps they get so upset that there are now political/economic changes?

Perhaps these changes are not so good? 

In the end, I don't think anything much will happen to Trump other than his reelection.

Schwab711

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
Ultimately, Trump not only ordered senior staff to cooperate with Mueller, but he did not withhold evidence.
Most important, he waived executive privilege over the entirety of the report in an unprecedented degree of transparency.

Now Trump wants a do over.

cubsfan

« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2019, 05:00:50 AM »
Ultimately, Trump not only ordered senior staff to cooperate with Mueller, but he did not withhold evidence.
Most important, he waived executive privilege over the entirety of the report in an unprecedented degree of transparency.

Now Trump wants a do over.

You seem to be enjoying the continued Presidential harassment - here's your counterpoint:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6034935020001/#sp=news-clips