Author Topic: Russia Investigation.  (Read 74347 times)

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
Re: Russia Investigation.
« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2019, 04:44:30 AM »
Morgan itís real simple.

Typical of many cults, the members of the Trump Cult would follow him no matter what logic dictates. 

He even laughed at his own followers when he boasted...  ďI could stand on New Yorkís Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and still not lose voters.Ē

So donít anticipate that logic or facts will deter them in support of their leader.

David Koresh took 79 of his followers to a fiery death at Waco. Jim Jones convinced 900 of his people to drink a deadly dose of cyanide laced Kool Aid. And Adolph Hitler took millions of his followers to their deaths in the 1940's.

The vast majority of Trump's cult are fully prepared to drink his Kool Aid and unfortunately have no qualms about dragging the rest of us down with them.

If his followers can ignore his constant lies and his obvious mental problems, donít expect them to listen to logic or facts. Facts are Trumps enemy and he does everything he can to distort and discredit the facts. This is the reason for his constant attack on the legitimate media. Can you name one authoritarian government with a free press? 

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

Schwab711

« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2019, 04:52:52 AM »
A federal judge has determined that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team has established that Paul Manafort lied in 3 of the 5 occurrences they cite and that she concurs that he breached his plea agreement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47234491

Cool summary:
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/02/14/the-unseen-aspects-of-paul-manaforts-lies-and-truth-telling/

Gregmal

« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2019, 04:57:14 AM »
Hi Greg. Iíve been reading many of your political posts and mostly staying quiet.

More and more criminal charges are coming out about Trumps team. Many feel Trump and his teams actions are inexcusable, but you seem to feel otherwise. So my question is; is there any specific evidence or event that would convince you Trump colluded, or conspired with the Russians? If so, what is it?

The lefties like to rearrange the focus and turn this into a "they'll never believe he did it" story. I've said plenty that this is not the case. I think many of the Trump associates are likely guilty. If not here definitely of other things. Like Manafort and Stone. I believe Trump has made a lot of money in his career doing unethical things with bad people. My stance on this Russia investigation though is simple. I dont care if he did this stuff or not. The evidence has been weak or circumstantial at best, hence none of the charges to date have anything to do to the Trump campaign or Trump himself colluding with Russia. Why dont I care if Trump did any of this or not? Because these are only issues because it's Trump who won. If you ask me would I be ok sending Trump to jail along with Clinton, and Obama, Comey, etc, and all the other corrupt, wheeling and dealing huckster Democrats before him, I'd be perfectly fine with it. But as long as it remains a partisan witch hunt, I will remain partisan in my support. Nothing to do with believing anything he says, or being in denial about him. I know exactly what he is, and what came before him. Thats the issue

cubsfan

« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2019, 05:19:19 AM »
Seems like this President took the Presidential route.

Tried to work with an obstructionist Congress to build a wall most Americans want.
Both Republicans and Democrats failed him. I'm very disappointed in the number of Republicans and their silent opposition.
He tried it their way - now they get to deal with his way. He is the President and we have balance of powers in this country.

He has constitutional authority to find and pull funds for a national emergency - let's see how the challenges go, when the Dems go to court.

Politicians, specifically, Congress again, NOT doing their job to protect Americans against a drug crisis and human trafficking.
IF those 2 things don't constitute a national emergency, given the thousands of deaths and all the misery they cause, I'll be surprised.

An excellent move by Trump.

cubsfan

« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2019, 05:28:25 AM »

Typical of many cults, the members of the Trump Cult would follow him no matter what logic dictates. 

Talk about a CULT! --- look at the insane Left making complete fools of the Democratic Party the last 2 weeks!
Not just once, but numerous times - infanticide, Anti-semitism, shutdown the energy sector, pay people who don't wish to work, etc...

Completely pyscho - and even the mainstream of the Democratic Party does NOTHING to distance themselves from this lunacy!

A national embarrassment! What a bunch of fools !

Gregmal

« Reply #595 on: February 15, 2019, 05:38:37 AM »

Tried to work with an obstructionist Congress to build a wall most Americans want.
Both Republicans and Democrats failed him. I'm very disappointed in the number of Republicans and their silent opposition.
He tried it their way - now they get to deal with his way. He is the President and we have balance of powers in this country.

He has constitutional authority to find and pull funds for a national emergency - let's see how the challenges go, when the Dems go to court.

Politicians, specifically, Congress again, NOT doing their job to protect Americans against a drug crisis and human trafficking.
IF those 2 things don't constitute a national emergency, given the thousands of deaths and all the misery they cause, I'll be surprised.

Meanwhile, the media narrative?
Trump sucks at negotiating. Oh the Democrats bent him over. Oh he lied and hasn't delivered on his campaign promise for a wall...

Now he's getting the wall done..granted a different way become there is no negotiating with some of these loons, and so they must shift the narrative again...

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #596 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:59 AM »
Quite agreed, now we have all the nails needed for the coffin!
Criminal organization, congressional over-rides, etc. - start of the final drop before the neck snaps?
Get in quick boys, 'cause time's a running out ;)

SD

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:45:55 AM by SharperDingaan »

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #597 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:32 AM »
Clearly i am dumb as a stump. President Trump has declared a national emergency to obtain funding for his border wall.

What i do not understand... the Party of President Trump (Republicans) controlled the House, Senate and Presidency for two full years. If a national emergency existed was this not the time to deal with it?

Or has something happened in the last 90 days that i am not aware of?

PS: i just finished watching a documentary on the rise to power of Mussolini and Hitler. Step one: intimidate and destroy the press. Step 2: Tell obvious lies; and the bigger the lie the better. Rabid supporters ran with the lie and non-supporters stayed in the shadows. As economic growth improved many people who did not like the method continued to look the other way. Step 3: Circumvent democratic institutions in place; declare a national emergency to justify the action. I wonder what Germans and Italians would have done differently if given the chance?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:36:29 AM by Viking »

Schwab711

« Reply #598 on: February 15, 2019, 08:26:17 AM »
Clearly i am dumb as a stump. President Trump has declared a national emergency to obtain funding for his border wall.

What i do not understand... the Party of President Trump (Republicans) controlled the House, Senate and Presidency for two full years. If a national emergency existed was this not the time to deal with it?

Or has something happened in the last 90 days that i am not aware of?

During R control, bipartisan deal proposed was ~$25b for border security in exchange for DACA protections. Ultimately the deal was rejected by a few R's because they wanted immigration reform + border security for DACA protections. At the time, they appeared to have the leverage to do so and D leadership almost agreed. During 2017-2018, R's and D's needed to make a deal for border security because the only way around 60 votes in the Senate is through reconciliation. However, the tax deal was done through reconciliation and you only get a limited number of reconciliations per Congress. R's choose tax deal over border security/immigration for reconciliation.

Shortly after the D's won the House, the Supreme Court passed on ruling on the DACA case that both sides were betting on, which increased D's leverage. Trump's prior comments and actions makes declaring an emergency a waste of time other than to point out unfavorable court rulings. Doesn't matter what court or who's on the bench though, the emergency declaration is very likely DOA.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:28:10 AM by Schwab711 »

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #599 on: February 15, 2019, 08:32:39 AM »
LOL!

This is so funny or people talking about a cult and a politician who possibly made borderly or illegal things...

The key here are 3 things or big picture:

1- Trump was elected by people because they felt they were not heard.
2- Trump made promises and he is following up on them which is unheard of in politics.
3- The country is doing phenomenal!

End of the story. You guys are mad for all the wrong reasons. But, keep trying to find dirt on him if it makes you less mad. And keep hoping for a worst leader and declining economy.

In the meantime, I will state lyrics from 2 Chainz:

"You getting mad. I'm getting rich."