Author Topic: Russia Investigation.  (Read 67140 times)

no_free_lunch

Re: Russia Investigation.
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
I think when Gregmal mentioned changes to the narrative, he was talking about such tactics as switching gears to the budget deficit.  Didn't genius who start this insist that we stay on point.

The investigation only ever existed to give something to the press to feast on.  Likewise, this thread was started and fed as some small political ploy to further that venture.  Now that it is over, the democrats want this to go away.

Suddenly I kind of like this thread.

LC

« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
I think when Gregmal mentioned changes to the narrative, he was talking about such tactics as switching gears to the budget deficit.  Didn't genius who start this insist that we stay on point.

The investigation only ever existed so that there was something with negative coverage for the press to feast on.  Likewise, this thread was started and fed as some small political ploy to further that venture.  Now that it is over, the democrats want this to go away.

Suddenly I kind of like this thread.
1- It was Cardboard who brought up our "economic growth". I was simply commenting on that.

2- Happy to stay on topic. I'll reiterate my point. I can't wait for your "on point" response:

Thesis drift? Flawed reasoning?

The investigation scope and purpose:

The Special Counsel investigation of 2017 to 2019 (also referred to as the Mueller probe, the Mueller investigation, or the Russia investigation)[1][2] was a United States law enforcement and counterintelligence investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. According to its authorizing document which was signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on May 17, 2017, the investigation's scope included the allegation that there were links or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government[3][4] as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation".

As a result of the Mueller investigation:

13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

There was no "thesis drift" or "flawed thesis to begin with". You are simply wrong on that claim.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm

no_free_lunch

« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
Maybe you haven't been following the news LC but it was always about trump.  It even says so in your quote.   Trump... Russia.  Trump...rusiagate.   On and on.   It is just an underhanded form of slander by association.

Gregmal

Spekulatius

« Reply #714 on: March 25, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »
Pretty good synopsis of the Mueller investigation, imo:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-mueller-probe-was-money-well-spent-015006842.html

Respectfully, the problem with the author's view: This was an investigation built on a lie, that he ignores.
We have a presumption of innocence in this country, not we need an investigation to prove Trump's innocence.

He has it totally backward.

Even if it turns out a lie thatis widely believed, it should be investigated. Lies that are believed can be toxic, just look up the term “ Dolchstosslegende” for an example of an toxic lie. Also note that quite a view people in Trumps inner circle serve now jail terms because of results from the Mueller investigation. It’s just was found that Trump did not collude with the Russians. So I think the effort was justified.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-mueller-probe-was-money-well-spent-015006842.html

Respectfully, the problem with the author's view: This was an investigation built on a lie, that he ignores.
We have a presumption of innocence in this country, not we need an investigation to prove Trump's innocence.

Even if it turns out a lie thatis widely believed, it should be investigated. Lies that are believed can be toxic, just look up the term “ Dolchstosslegende” for an example of an toxic lie. Also note that quite a view people in Trumps inner circle serve now jail terms because of results from the Mueller investigation. It’s just was found that Trump did not collude with the Russians. So I think the effort was justified.

While the Mueller Investigation cost $25M, they also managed to confiscate over $40M alone from just Manafort...so it was also profitable for all U.S. taxpayers.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

cubsfan

« Reply #716 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »

Yea, right, that makes a lot of sense.

Your political opponent starts a big lie, spreads it to the press and law enforcement - and presto - you have your opponent smeared and tied
up in an investigation for years.

Where did you grow up - Russia?

It's not supposed to happen in America.

Spekulatius

« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2019, 03:38:29 AM »

Yea, right, that makes a lot of sense.

Your political opponent starts a big lie, spreads it to the press and law enforcement - and presto - you have your opponent smeared and tied
up in an investigation for years.

Where did you grow up - Russia?

It's not supposed to happen in America.

There was no lie. Ther was hanky panky  going on with Russians in the Trump towers. People got convicted for related crimes, However the investigation concluded that this hanky panky didn’t amount to a collusion of the president. I find that result positive. The investigation helped to find out the truth. It’s did exactly what it was supposed to do.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

cubsfan

« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2019, 04:46:28 AM »
Spoken like a true Never-Trumper.

Stop watching so much CNN and MSNBC.

Gregmal

« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2019, 05:03:20 AM »
The Clintons and crew weren't stupid. Unlike the career politicians they dealt with prior, Trump was a businessman, who's primary game was real estate. He did business on a global scale, and it is well known that he had business dealings pretty much everywhere; which includes Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc. He had trophy properties in places like NYC, where you will undoubtedly have foreign buyers, who in many cases are oligarchs and AML risks from places with capital controls. The Clintons knew this, and played off of those ties to fabricate some grand story. The best lies weave together elements of the truth. Trump had business dealings in some of those places, so it was easy to create these stories.