Author Topic: Russia Investigation.  (Read 75606 times)

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
Re: Russia Investigation.
« Reply #800 on: June 01, 2019, 06:25:06 AM »
Cardboard, speaking for myself, yes you are partly right. However, and I canít find the post, but after Trump was elected and there were demonstrations in the streets I posted that he was fairly elected in a democratic process and it was stupid to be demonstrating against his election. I believed then and now that he should be a chance to see what he could do. Then if he screwed up he would he would be open to fair criticism.

Trumpís biggest problem is that he is so narcissistic and actually believes he is the smartest person in the universe and will not take advice from those who are much smarter than he is.
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #801 on: June 01, 2019, 06:59:09 AM »

This Russian collusion thing to win the election is an absolute witch hunt and a mean to discredit Trump. Anyone with 2 brain cells knows that. After 8 years, people or independent who control the whole thing get sicked and tired of the same gang and vote someone else in.

Cardboard

I donít hate anyone Cardboard. I didnít like Trump from the start because like you said it was clear that he is a bully and has been his whole life. Why would I want the most powerful role in the world to be filled by a bully? I didnít like Hillary Clinton either but I thought she was the lesser of two evils but like I have said before itís really easy for me to understand why lots of people voted for Trump and why some people would never vote for Clinton. Iím sure lots of Trump supporters donít think itís even in the same ballpark and think Clinton is way more dangerous. I can see how they can think that.

With all of the known Russian attempts at interference in the election, do you really think there should have been no investigation?

The first volume of the Mueller report details how the Russians tried to influence the election. Were they successful in changing the outcome, itís really impossible to tell. It seems like they were intent on sowing discord and we have lots of that but that is also there because of the rhetoric on both sides (but I have only one brain cell apparently).

Do you think this investigation would have gone differently if Trump had acknowledged what Russia had done (he was briefed during the campaign) and made it a priority to stop such behavior in future elections? Instead him and his team asked for and welcomed help from Russian agents.

Do you think the investigation would have gone differently if him and his team didnít constantly lie in public and to investigators about their contact with Russians?

The adversarial nature of this investigation was amped up by Trump because it served a purpose of at the very least muddying the waters where even staunch conservatives are saying an inquiry into how Russians started up an agency to attack and influence political discourse in the US is a witch hunt. Like I said, who knows if it was effective? Trump was elected and he is President but he hasnít acted like it with respect to Russia. Instead he acts like heís guilty of something (what if anything, I donít know) and doesnít seem interested in stopping future interference. Perhaps playing the victim will win him lots of votes in the next election. Most conservatives, I know, donít like people that play the victim but the Republican Party has changed a lot.

His ego and his temperament make him very dangerous in my view. He has backed out of a lot of international agreements that were brokered by previous administrations instead of trying to negotiate changes so he had already destroyed the credibility of the US government before the most recent Mexico tariff announcement.

There have been lots of world leaders who have been bullies but I donít know if any have been President of the United States at least in the modern age. Most of the successes he has had are the direct result of US power and has very little to do with him as a statesman in my view. You might disagree and think heís a brilliant negotiator but I think he has used the stick his whole life and itís the only strategy he knows.

I doubt I will ever change anyoneís mind on Trump. I just hope he avoids war. He knows that wars help get Presidents re-elected and I donít trust him not to enter into one. Maybe, Iím being too harsh and there is no way he would engage with Iran, for example, but I donít know.

I hope North Korea, didnít take his comments about which missiles were ok to test as an admission that the US wouldnít have a problem if he attacked Japan. Perhaps that seems a stretch but an American envoy inadvertently gave Iraq the green light to attack Kuwait which started the first gulf war so words matter.

Back to Andrew Yang. What do you all think of his campaign? As a centrist, I like a lot of his policies. I know a few libertarians that are on board with him too so Iím curious what you guys think.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

Spekulatius

« Reply #802 on: June 02, 2019, 07:39:31 PM »

Back to Andrew Yang. What do you all think of his campaign? As a centrist, I like a lot of his policies. I know a few libertarians that are on board with him too so Iím curious what you guys think.

I have been to a town-hall (more a barn  ;D) meeting in NH close to our house. I basically went there because my son got interesting in politics and likes him. I found him to be quite personable, but perhaps too much on the idealistic side. I donít think his math regarding taxation of internet companies adds up either. He appears to be against impeachment of Trump for one thing because he think itís just a mud fest that is going to distract from real issues, which is something I agree with.

Anyways, I prefer him over many other democratic candidates. Would like to hear more from Amy Klo I hat and Tulsi Gabbard. Living close to NH  is a great perk in terms of being able to meet these candidates that campaign to get an head start in the first state to set the tones for the primaries and I intend to take advantage of it.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

shalab

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #803 on: June 03, 2019, 07:49:06 PM »
+1 for Tulsi Gabbard. She is a good role model.

I have been to a town-hall (more a barn  ;D) meeting in NH close to our house. I basically went there because my son got interesting in politics and likes him. I found him to be quite personable, but perhaps too much on the idealistic side. I donít think his math regarding taxation of internet companies adds up either. He appears to be against impeachment of Trump for one thing because he think itís just a mud fest that is going to distract from real issues, which is something I agree with.

Anyways, I prefer him over many other democratic candidates. Would like to hear more from Amy Klo I hat and Tulsi Gabbard. Living close to NH  is a great perk in terms of being able to meet these candidates that campaign to get an head start in the first state to set the tones for the primaries and I intend to take advantage of it.

cubsfan

« Reply #804 on: June 10, 2019, 06:49:03 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/russia-investigation-start-doj/index.html

Not good news for DOJ, FBI, and Clinton campaign players that started the Russian/Trump Hoax.

Gregmal

« Reply #805 on: June 10, 2019, 07:00:35 PM »
I can't wait til they start calling this "politically motivated"...

cubsfan

« Reply #806 on: June 11, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
I can't wait til they start calling this "politically motivated"...

Lots to get started on with the FBI:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/fbi-tragedy-elites-above-law/

cubsfan

« Reply #807 on: June 12, 2019, 05:11:59 AM »
The real Russia investigation should gets some legs now. The Obama State Department was very active with ex-British spy
Christopher Steele even AFTER the Trump was elected.

The author of the phony dossier had several contacts and meeting with John Kerry's State Department and looks to be another
center of the SpyGate conspiracy against President Trump. (in addition to the FBI, DOJ, Clinton Campaign)

This is getting worse for the Obama/Clinton Crime Syndicate.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6047177428001/#sp=news-clips

Schwab711

« Reply #808 on: June 12, 2019, 07:34:19 AM »
There is a review of the investigation and the techniques used, it's not a criminal investigation of the investigators. It's pretty common.

It's been known that Steele was still issuing dossier reports following the election if you read the dossier. Discussing Steele's new work is quite reasonable in November. At that moment, Steele was dropped as a source by the FBI for sharing info with the media less than a month prior. It's possible they did not agree that sharing info with media outlets was reason enough to not vet new and seemingly credible info (from the POV of that moment). Steele had a history of being reliable at that point. With Trump, we always considered plausible explanations, right? What's plausible here is the State Dept was doing their job.

All of your recent links are opinion articles/videos and you are taking them as news. Even the CNN article is making word choices that differ from the words Barr uses. Some of the things included in each of the links are accurate, but most of it is hyperbole and negative adjectives. That's what generates clicks (for CNN, Fox News, or whoever). That's really been the heart of the issue in the US. You can't seem to delineate news from opinion.

cubsfan

« Reply #809 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:32 AM »
You can't seem to accept the truth that the Clinton campaign, FBI, DOJ, State Department spied and interfered with the Trump campaign and then
tried to frame the President, so they could cover their own tracks. They obtained FISA warrants using false pretenses and did not inform the FISA court.

This new correspondence are original documents made available by FOIA lawsuits that show ongoing activities between Christopher Steele
and the Obama State Department.  THEY ARE NOT OPINION. They are proof of the State Department working with Steele and disseminating
his smear document to many areas of the government - as an anti-Trump activity. You can make all the excuses you like about Steele being
a "reliable" source, when in reality these guys knew his information was unverified and not up to the standards of the courts.

Christopher Steele was dropped as a source by the FBI for misconduct.

Get you facts straight Schwab. The real facts are now coming out on the ACTUAL misconduct.

For someone that purports to being so open minded - you surely are avoiding the big picture, as you cling to your Russia/Trump Hoax.