Author Topic: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!  (Read 9373 times)

Schwab711

Re: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
This is why I asked you what you think collusion means. What does 'throwing the presidential election' mean?

On just Trump Moscow, that "normal government permit" was with a country he lied about having business with and the office he was running for is explicitly banned from carrying out that business by the Constitution.

It's a big deal. A fair chunk of the Federalist Papers are about the dangers of this exact behavior.

Schwab - this is not really that difficult believe me - I gave you a scenario - just say yes or no - or change it.
Where is the collusion or agreement or whatever you would like to call it - the quid pro quo between the Russian government
and Donald Trump to cause Hillary Clinton to lose the election.

It's not that hard - the Russians hacked the DNC servers - gave info to Wikileaks - Hillary looked bad and lost.

Why is this Donald Trumps fault?
Where is the collusion?

Are you saying that the Russians did this to "pay back" Trump because he was going to put up a building and pay them fees?

It's really a simple question. What IS the collusion?

Russian sanctions for business interests. That's all we know about. The GRU indictment hints that Trump knew how Russia planned to help him win the election but your definition of collusion is overly narrow. It's making you miss the criminal conspiracy developing.

investor-man

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »
It's pretty clear what the strategy here is.

Let's face it, the Trump RE Empire did/does deal with some sketchy people and places. DJT being the head of it, runs for president but still keeps running his business. So there will obviously be an overlap, which there is. The crybaby libs, lost the election, and began a massive witch hunt claiming the election was rigged by Trump and the Russians. They've looked everywhere, and found nothing having to do with that. So, the next obvious step is to look elsewhere. So they'll find business dealings with Russians, which may have been legal, may not have been, and call that their PROOF. They'll then also settle on trying to trump up what is at best, a campaign finance violation, and these two things are now grounds for them to continue their crusade to overthrow the 2016 election. Even though neither those two issues(building a hotel in Russia, or a campaign finance violation) had ANYTHING to do with Trump/Russia rigging the election. Can we all not see this???

Gregmal,

I'm not a "lib". I'm a citizen concerned his country is being run by a guy who appears to be both susceptible to and under the influence of Russian blackmail, and who is acting to serve his own self interests rather than ours.
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

cubsfan

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 04:51:01 PM »
I'm sure if you contort the law enough you will come up with an extremely flimsy indictment.
Mueller, with two years in the making - and very, very little substance on collusion.

Like Greg said - Democrats lost their minds - and started the partisan witch hunt.

I'm really interested in seeing ANY conspiracy/collusion/whatever between the Russians AND Trump to throw the election.
So far nothing.

For years, Russians have been interfering in foreign elections, not just US, - after all, they are Russians - that's what they do.
They try and destabilize countries on their borders and others that have strategic benefit.

I see no difference with the current situation and past Russian history - the only difference this time - is the opposition party
is trying to pin the interference on Donald Trump.

You guys need to come up with something better.

Schwab711

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
At no point in US history has a US politician been referenced in a court document like Trump was in the GRU indictment. You don't see a difference because you don't want to. Trump lied about what he was doing during the campaign and will have to face the consequences. He could've reported it. He could've reported a lot of behavior to the FBI during the campaign and none of this would be happening. Trump is to blame for Trump's legal issues.

The election was fair and Trump won. No one denies that. Assange thought  Trump's chances of victory were 25% in August 2016, identical to Nate Silver. The biggest election mover was Comey. Idon't know what 'throw' refers to but it's vague nonsense. Conspiracy to Defraud the US is a very real crime. Further, Manafort pled guilty to that exact crime.

Finally, the Uranium One allegation is identical to Trump Moscow/Sanctions. In the yet to be made allegation against Trump, there's proof. You are a hypocrite. All you do is call everyone that sees concerns some name with 'lib' in it to avoid introspective review. Trump's legal problems will continue regardless of any of us.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:03:11 PM by Schwab711 »

investor-man

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »
This is why I asked you what you think collusion means. What does 'throwing the presidential election' mean?

On just Trump Moscow, that "normal government permit" was with a country he lied about having business with and the office he was running for is explicitly banned from carrying out that business by the Constitution.

It's a big deal. A fair chunk of the Federalist Papers are about the dangers of this exact behavior.

Schwab - this is not really that difficult believe me - I gave you a scenario - just say yes or no - or change it.
Where is the collusion or agreement or whatever you would like to call it - the quid pro quo between the Russian government
and Donald Trump to cause Hillary Clinton to lose the election.

It's not that hard - the Russians hacked the DNC servers - gave info to Wikileaks - Hillary looked bad and lost.

Why is this Donald Trumps fault?
Where is the collusion?

Are you saying that the Russians did this to "pay back" Trump because he was going to put up a building and pay them fees?

It's really a simple question. What IS the collusion?

Russian sanctions for business interests. That's all we know about. The GRU indictment hints that Trump knew how Russia planned to help him win the election but your definition of collusion is overly narrow. It's making you miss the criminal conspiracy developing.

That's putting it mildly.

* DJTJ releases emails showing he agreed to meet with Russians to discuss getting dirt on Clinton
* Notably he says "this is great for late summer"
* In late summer Trump says "Russia, I hope you can find Clinton's missing emails."
* Russia finds Clinton's emails
* We know Russia found the email because Dutch intelligence caught them hacking the DNC's server ON CAMERA
* Wikilieaks releases the emails
* Afterward, Wikileaks contacts DJTJ privately on Twitter with yet more hacked shit
* The Russians from the Trump Tower meeting attend the fucking inauguration (you need an invite)
* The Russians attend Rep Dana Rohrabacher's inauguration ball - you know, the guy Paul Ryan said Putin pays.
* Gen. Flynn is fired for lying to VP Pence about his contact with Russians
* Jeff Session recuses himself from the Russia investigation
* James Comey is fired over the Russia investigation
* Trump consistently antagonizes Jeff Session publicly over his recusal
* George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for lying to the FBI
* Rick Gates pleads pleads guilty for lying to the FBI
* Gen. Flynn pleads guilty for lying to the FBI
* a shload of Russians are indicted for their role in attacking the US elections
* Michael Cohen testifies that Trump Tower Moscow would bring hundreds of millions into the Trump's pockets
* We just found out Paul Manafort met with Julian Assange

And this is just the stuff I can come up with off the top of my head.
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

Gregmal

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 05:13:47 PM »
Is this conspiracy, or a conspiracy? Maybe we should tell Adam Schiff he can now go back to investigating helicopter noise...

investor-man

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
you guys ever think Gregmal and cubsfan are just trollin'?

Gregmal

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2018, 05:27:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/344282274197561344

This is what our friend Mr. Schiff was doing before Trump. The sad truth is that the bulk of these libtards NEED DJT in order to be relevant

investor-man

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/344282274197561344

This is what our friend Mr. Schiff was doing before Trump. The sad truth is that the bulk of these libtards NEED DJT in order to be relevant

He's working for his constituents. That's why he was elected. Go after Cortez. At least she's acting like a fool.

Spekulatius

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
The US laws are very strict, as it pertains to corruption charges, in particular with foreign government employees. Even if you have nothing to do with political, offering a penthouse to president Putin (or any foreign government  official for that matter) would be corruption and may lead to jail time. even worse when a participant is working for the US government. Now we have Kushner Consulting the Saudiís (on how to deal with the Kashoggi crisis) and all that.

Whether  they really impacted the US elections does not really matter since even the intend should get you into the slammer, as the laws are written.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.