Author Topic: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!  (Read 10734 times)

Gregmal

Re: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
you guys ever think Gregmal and cubsfan are just trollin'?
Can't say about cubsfan, i think he's just a Trump guy. But Scottie, our great and glorious, self identified troll pointed out Gregmal as a troll. I'd go with his judgement. Even if he was very annoying Scottie tended to be an honest troll. Feels very weird to say all of this.

This is kind of a cute way to attempt to marginalize or avoid addressing points of contention. There are an awful lot of emotionally fragile Nancy's here.

cubsfan

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »
Earlier you were simple and couldn't understand what I was saying. Now it's commical and you're an expert.

I am simple. I'm certainly no expert. This does not pass the smell test.

We are talking about grounds to remove a duly elected US President. Someone the public wants to run this country.
This is serious stuff. It seems to me we should have a VERY high bar to remove him. It should not be built on hypotheticals.
Maybe this would have happened, and maybe that would have happened, etc.

And it is a travesty of justice if it is a case built on political partisanship.

LC

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2018, 09:19:49 PM »
We are talking about grounds to remove a duly elected US President. Someone the public wants to run this country.
You say these two things as if they are equivalent.

Regardless, Trump obviously does not pass the smell test. If he were CEO of OilCo doing business in Russian mines, we would all be running with our capital for the hills. But you're behaving like the sunk-cost investor who ignores the red flags.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | tap | v | wm

rb

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
you guys ever think Gregmal and cubsfan are just trollin'?
Can't say about cubsfan, i think he's just a Trump guy. But Scottie, our great and glorious, self identified troll pointed out Gregmal as a troll. I'd go with his judgement. Even if he was very annoying Scottie tended to be an honest troll. Feels very weird to say all of this.
This is kind of a cute way to attempt to marginalize or avoid addressing points of contention. There are an awful lot of emotionally fragile Nancy's here.
I'm not a fragile Nancy and Scottie made good points. Furthermore, Scottie has been way more honest in his posts and trolling than you ever were. So if it needs to come to that... I'll go with Scottie and his oppinion. File that under words I never thought I'd utter.

rb

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2018, 09:30:33 PM »
You say these two things as if they are equivalent.

Regardless, Trump obviously does not pass the smell test. If he were CEO of OilCo doing business in Russian mines, we would all be running with our capital for the hills. But you're behaving like the sunk-cost investor who ignores the red flags.
Yea, just to nitpick a little, the public doesn't want him to run the country. The electoral college does. I'm not saying that he's not duly elected, but you don't get to wrap yourself with the righteous blanket of the public. Leave the public alone.

cubsfan

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 06:32:38 AM »
Thanks for all the clarification boys.

So, let's see:

Trump knows a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy.... and one of those guys might be able to arrange a meeting
with the Russian government about building a building in Moscow one of these days. And it if the building ever gets built,
Vladimir Putin might get a penthouse according to one of the "guys".  And if building is approved, there will be
license fees paid. And bank financing may be approved by VT Bank, although the CEO of VT says no such discussions
ever happened. And perhaps along the way, Putin will help Trump win the election.

But there is no building or penthouse or bank financing, or project, etc.

But Trump THOUGHT about doing it - so this constitutes the collusion and/or conspiracy between Trump and Putin.

But some guys said so, (Russian or otherwise), and some of those guys may indicted and/or convicted already
by Bob Mueller and face jail time. So this means Trump is guilty.

Sounds awful hypothetical to me.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 03:14:24 PM »
Rep. Zoe Lofgren asks Google CEO why she got Trump pictures when she searched for 'idiot'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/12/11/idiot-google-search-trump-result/2276429002/

investor-man

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »
Rep. Zoe Lofgren asks Google CEO why she got Trump pictures when she searched for 'idiot'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/12/11/idiot-google-search-trump-result/2276429002/

Steve King had some concerns about his iPhone too
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 11:10:18 PM »
Thanks for all the clarification boys.

So, let's see:

Trump knows a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy.... and one of those guys might be able to arrange a meeting
with the Russian government about building a building in Moscow one of these days. And it if the building ever gets built,
Vladimir Putin might get a penthouse according to one of the "guys".  And if building is approved, there will be
license fees paid. And bank financing may be approved by VT Bank, although the CEO of VT says no such discussions
ever happened. And perhaps along the way, Putin will help Trump win the election.

But there is no building or penthouse or bank financing, or project, etc.

But Trump THOUGHT about doing it - so this constitutes the collusion and/or conspiracy between Trump and Putin.

But some guys said so, (Russian or otherwise), and some of those guys may indicted and/or convicted already
by Bob Mueller and face jail time. So this means Trump is guilty.

Sounds awful hypothetical to me.

It isn't Trump knows a guy, who knows a guy:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/12/10/lead-alex-marquardt-russia-live-jake-tapper.cnn

How do you not think that at the very least this is unusual?  Clearly confirmation bias is at work with many Trump supporters who completely discount the conduct of people around him.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

cubsfan

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2018, 06:06:44 AM »
Parsad - thank you for your civil post.

Here is why I do not believe this is unusual. Just read Greg's summary again - and I'll add these comments:

- You have a businessman, at some time, thinking about a project in Moscow - one of these days.
    It's not a big secret that Trump might want to expand his empire internationally.
    People think, they talk, they plan for the future, etc. Then nothing happens. Zilch. Nada.

-   At the same time, you have a government, Russia - who ALWAYS meddles and tries to create chaos
    in foreign elections. They target their border countries and other countries deemed strategic.
    That's what Russians do - they want create instability and chaos for their benefit. They are not good guys.
    This is certainly not new.

So how difficult is it for an overzealous investigator, in search of a crime, driven in a highly partisan political
environment to construct a circumstantial case against a sitting president?   Well - it's looking pretty tough
2 years into it..

But you can make these links "he thought about this, and his operatives discussed that, etc, etc"
Therefore they colluded, they conspired, etc, etc.

So now, per your clip, you have 22 people "involved" in collusion, discussions, conspiracy, etc, etc.
Give Mueller another 2 years. There are 100 million Russians living around the world. I'm sure
Mueller will find another 1000 Russians or operatives to add to his contorted collusion case because
"someone" that knew Donald Trump talked (colluded) with them about something.
And the more people you add to your "collusion" list - the more true it becomes because of sheer
numbers - regardless of what actually happened.

This has a familiar ring of the Kavanaugh witch hunt to it - that was a total travesty.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:12:22 AM by cubsfan »