Author Topic: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!  (Read 9380 times)

Gregmal

Re: The Fifth, the Fifth, I Plead The Fifth!
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »
I think pardons are equally as relevent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversyg

Lots of good stuff like :

First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf.[15] In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme.

and

Federal prosecutor Mary Jo White was appointed to investigate the pardon of Marc Rich. She was later replaced by then-Republican James Comey, who found no illegality on Clinton's part.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2018, 01:36:17 AM »

First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf.[15] In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme.

and

Federal prosecutor Mary Jo White was appointed to investigate the pardon of Marc Rich. She was later replaced by then-Republican James Comey, who found no illegality on Clinton's part.

Again, your argument is a frickin' joke!  You're equating one irregular and unethical act with another to make it ok.  If the Clinton's were pedophiles, so that makes it ok for Trump to be one...this is what you are saying.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Gregmal

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2018, 02:20:18 AM »

and

Again, your argument is a frickin' joke!  You're equating one irregular and unethical act with another to make it ok.  If the Clinton's were pedophiles, so that makes it ok for Trump to be one...this is what you are saying.  Cheers!

Interesting. It's called "partisan ranting" when it's about Obama or Clinton. But when it's about Trump.....

Spekulatius

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2018, 04:14:26 AM »

and

Interesting. It's called "partisan ranting" when it's about Obama or Clinton. But when it's about Trump.....

Well, crooks running this country and have or had enough convicts in their employment to fill a jail tract are much more bothersome than crooks that are retired.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »

and

Well, crooks running this country and have or had enough convicts in their employment to fill a jail tract are much more bothersome than crooks that are retired.

Personally, I'm not happy with either.  If the Clinton's are guilty of various things, they should do the time.  The rules aren't made for just a proportion of the population...both parties should remember that.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
Trump is just like a child.  You catch him doing something wrong and he says "but you aren't punishing my sister, not fair!".

He has a sister named Hillary.