Author Topic: The President, bribery, and Ukraine  (Read 9886 times)

cubsfan

Re: The President, bribery, and Ukraine
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »
This is so deranged Schwab - it's too funny actually.

Your President Trump, is the MOST scrutinized US President EVER - from Day 1 - and NOTHING so far.

You must just love CNN and MSNBC, where the REAL criminals, McCabe, Clapper, and Brennan are scrambling for their lives
to DEFLECT all their illegal activities back to Trump.

It's just not working Schwab - but it IS making a mess of the country.

Schwab711

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2019, 08:02:19 AM »

Your President Trump, is the MOST scrutinized US President EVER - from Day 1 - and NOTHING so far.

You must just love CNN and MSNBC, where the REAL criminals, McCabe, Clapper, and Brennan are scrambling for their lives

You are acting like someone that was lied to. Attacking me. Attacking everyone conducting legal oversight of the President. Making excuses. It won't change the facts of Trump's behavior. The end does not justify the means. Whether Trump faces punishment for his crimes doesn't change the fact that he did them. Attacking me may make you feel better, but reality is reality.

cubsfan

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2019, 08:10:32 AM »
I was lied to Schwab - by you, it's all in the thread.

Just call me a patriot - as when the facts come out - and the hoax has been revealed and crumbling - I support the President
and NOT the CRIMINALS who executed the hoax.

Meanwhile, you just double down on madness.

Gregmal

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:07 AM »

You are acting like someone that was lied to. Attacking me. Attacking everyone conducting legal oversight of the President. Making excuses. It won't change the facts of Trump's behavior. The end does not justify the means. Whether Trump faces punishment for his crimes doesn't change the fact that he did them. Attacking me may make you feel better, but reality is reality.

Whatever you believe, its hard to see how after so many swings and misses, the same overtly partisan people will be taken serious; in other words have a major backfire with the American people, purely on optics. Impeachment should be clear cut. And Trumps given them a bit to work with. And yet you still have the optics of Schiff orchestrating behind the scenes and then lying about it, and now a whistleblower who is working with a prominent Democrat and for a 2020 Dem candidate. These idiots really can't do better than this? There is a reason Pelosi is refusing to hold an official vote...As legitimate as the case may be, this comes off as a coup, especially since "impeachment" has so boisterously been the objective of 99% of them since day 1. Again, this is their own doing and because of their own actions that they've seemingly backed themselves into a corner even when they may have a legitimate case now...

LC

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »
Impeachment should be clear cut

Right, like using your political influence (and threatening to withhold payments) to instruct other countries to investigate your political rival.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | tap | v | wm

Gregmal

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2019, 08:48:47 AM »

Right, like using your political influence (and threatening to withhold payments) to instruct other countries to investigate your political rival.

So i guess presidential candidates are off limits as far as corruption investigations go... unless you’re a republican.

RuleNumberOne

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
Schwab711,

There are "campaign finance crimes in front of the whole country" everyday:
 - promising student debt writeoff if you mail them a $25 check every month.
 - promising medical debt writeoff if you mail them a $25 check every month.
 - promising free education if you mail them a $25 check every month.
 - promising free healthcare if you mail them a $25 check every month.
 - promising $200 extra per month for sitting on your ass (whether in diners or in front of the TV at home) if you mail them a $25 check every month.
- promising universal pre-K if you mail them a $25 check every month.

"It's sad you can't admit it."

Trump is the last politician to hire the whistleblower. Trump was almost certainly aware (at least certainly should have been aware) of the whistleblower's work experience. Trump hired them anyway.

Trump committed crimes and admitted to them. There is no amount of excuses or fingerpointing that will change that. It doesn't make it a coup. Trump can take down as many people with him as he'd like, but he still admitted to campaign finance crimes in front of the whole country. It's sad you can't admit it.

There's always excuses and what-ifs. "But Trump is only being investigated because he did his crimes in public unlike past politicians". Yes, that is why he is being investigated again. Do whatever about Hunter, I don't care. Tarnish Joe Biden for his associations/COI, great. Bitch about Warren embellishing about being Indian because it's a family story she took to heart (with 23andMe, you'd think people might get this is a nothingburger).

Trump broke numerous laws and admitted to them over the years. Bragged about them. There's no amount of bullshit explaining or excusing that will change that. It's not a Dem conspiracy. There's no coup. He lies to you and you are too proud to admit you were deceived. All other discussion is pointless imo.

LC

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2019, 09:07:52 AM »

So i guess presidential candidates are off limits as far as corruption investigations go... unless you’re a republican.

Did I say that?
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | tap | v | wm

Schwab711

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »
Schwab711,

- promising $200 extra per month for sitting on your ass (whether in diners or in front of the TV at home) if you mail them a $25 check every month.

This makes no sense. I don't want to engage with it. Your tax math is wrong too. Half of social security is deductible and you are talking marginal rates when the point of the proposal is to raise effective rates. I don't even necessarily disagree with some of your stances but you are plain rude and do a terrible job arguing them. Your argument above can be obviously shown inconsistent.

I debate with cubsfan because I've always heard he is a great person irl and I disagree with his views on Trump alone. He is intellectually honest in general and there's mutual respect. That's a gap that can be bridged even if we never agree. I debate with gregmal because he's polite, very knowledgeable, and intellectually consistent. We disagree on a lot but I have learned a lot from him. Consider his rebuttal above. I vigorously disagree, but it's a tough point to defend against, right now. Its not just leaving it at "prior work", it's the focus on optics. That's the difference. He is a good competitor in debate. I get the opinion you just want me to think like you or I'm terrible, and that's not fun nor interesting.

RuleNumberOne

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
You are a very sore loser. Your concession speech is very sore.

Schwab711,

This makes no sense. I don't want to engage with it. Your tax math is wrong too. Half of social security is deductible and you are talking marginal rates when the point of the proposal is to raise effective rates. I don't even necessarily disagree with some of your stances but you are plain rude and do a terrible job arguing them. Your argument above can be obviously shown inconsistent.

I debate with cubsfan because I've always heard he is a great person irl and I disagree with his views on Trump alone. He is intellectually honest in general and there's mutual respect. That's a gap that can be bridged even if we never agree. I debate with gregmal because he's polite, very knowledgeable, and intellectually consistent. We disagree on a lot but I have learned a lot from him. Consider his rebuttal above. I vigorously disagree, but it's a tough point to defend against, right now. Its not just leaving it at "prior work", it's the focus on optics. That's the difference. He is a good competitor in debate. I get the opinion you just want me to think like you or I'm terrible, and that's not fun nor interesting.