Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 66806 times)

Gregmal

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
Funny checking out CNN.COM today. Almost every day since the election there's been at least a dozen anti Trump stories blasted at the top of the web page. Today? He's mentioned only twice and the top story is about a cruise ship... Probably as much of a tail between the legs as you'll get from those clowns.

LC

« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Oh Dougie and friends, where art though now?

Dougie has no "friends."  "Dougie" (doughishere) is aka LC aka Schwab711 aka investor-man aka bearprowler6.  All one person, multiple web handles.

Again with this? Gotta call your psychiatrist - you're off your meds again.

Yes. Just because they all think exactly alike doesn't mean they are all the same person. Is it really shocking that a bunch of collectivists all think alike politically?
To be fair this goes both ways. The diehard conservatives are interchangable, and to be honest I have unintentionally confused your posts and watchwood's on occasion  ;D

I don't think the specific ideology drives common thinking - it is that society has done quite the job of putting us all into boxes.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | tap | v | vz | wm

LC

« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
Maybe... although I will say Schwab is a high level thinker and brings real value to the table on the investment side of the forum. Significantly moreso than the other lefties.

Greg I haven't seen a single useful idea from you in all your posts here. Let's keep investments to the investments forum and politics to the politics forum - for your own sake.

A quick search of recent posts would pull up about two dozen in just the past month. But like you and your friends learned with this Russia Collusion nonsense, saying a certain narrative that you'd wish was true, over and over, does not make it true.
I'm sure I don't have to tell a smart guy like you that quality != quantity
As you can well note I said useful idea. But again, this is the politics forum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregmal

« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
Maybe... although I will say Schwab is a high level thinker and brings real value to the table on the investment side of the forum. Significantly moreso than the other lefties.

Greg I haven't seen a single useful idea from you in all your posts here. Let's keep investments to the investments forum and politics to the politics forum - for your own sake.

A quick search of recent posts would pull up about two dozen in just the past month. But like you and your friends learned with this Russia Collusion nonsense, saying a certain narrative that you'd wish was true, over and over, does not make it true.
I'm sure I don't have to tell a smart guy like you that quality != quantity
As you can well note I said useful idea. But again, this is the politics forum.

Of course you did. As a counter argument to a claim that lefties like Doug dont contribute anything other than their false political narratives. Dougie and many others dont even have quantity, let alone quality in the investment section. Many what? 1 or 2 posts or a link to an article in the past year?

You are free to find any angle to disagree on, as you always do. Bottom line is many of the liberal whiners dont contribute anything period, and many of the ones that do provide little more than useless quarreling over redundant crap like what fraction or decimal place their BRK/FHH intrinsic value estimates go to... who cares? I pointed out Schwab as the exception.

Perhaps this is just how you avoid eating crow about all your false claims of Trump's demise via what Mueller was "working on"?

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2019, 07:14:44 PM »
Oh Dougie and friends, where art though now?

Dougie has no "friends."  "Dougie" (doughishere) is aka LC aka Schwab711 aka investor-man aka bearprowler6.  All one person, multiple web handles.

Again with this? Gotta call your psychiatrist - you're off your meds again.

Yes. Just because they all think exactly alike doesn't mean they are all the same person. Is it really shocking that a bunch of collectivists all think alike politically?
To be fair this goes both ways. The diehard conservatives are interchangable, and to be honest I have unintentionally confused your posts and watchwood's on occasion  ;D

I don't think the specific ideology drives common thinking - it is that society has done quite the job of putting us all into boxes.

I will admit if there is anyone here who thinks alot like I do it is watchwood. And yes, I do find that the conservatives do sound much alike.  I was agreeing with you that the theory that you and three other long time members were all the same people was absurd, but also trying to get off a cheap shot with the collectivist crack. :)

LC

« Reply #465 on: March 23, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
haha, it was was a cheap shot but admittedly it did land well :D

cubsfan

« Reply #466 on: March 24, 2019, 05:41:15 AM »

What was the whole point of making an accusation like this?  Did they not think it all the way through?   

The whole point of the accusation by the DOJ & FBI was to cover up crimes THEY committed prior to election.
The "insurance policy" planned out by the FBI/DOJ was going to be exposed due to the election loss.
IF Clinton had won the election - life would go on as normal in DC - with Hillary appointing all her partisan
players to key positions - no investigations.

But since Hillary paid for the fraudulent Steele dossier and illegal wiretaps and spying was advocated by a corrupt FBI/DOJ team,
and then the same team scammed the FISA court into approving Hillary's plan to spy on her political opponent - the
major players risked being exposed.  They could not take that chance - so the took the route offer up the hoax
in hopes of removing the President.

These players were smart, devious and totally abused their legal powers for political gain.

cobafdek

« Reply #467 on: March 25, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
What does emerging from the mass hysteria bubble that is known as TDS look like?

As a liberal I'm a bit disappointed in the result.  That being said in the US, there has become a stark divide where much of the nation is more concerned with their party winning than the US winning.  I think to automatically attack facts that disagree with your preconceived beliefs is bad for the country and a habit investors should avoid.
IMO, it's highly unlikely that Mueller wasnt thorough/biased even if for example he didnt interview Trump or that Trump did something really bad but the definition of collusion is too narrow.  I think it's also more tribal thinking if you want to persecute Trump for obstructing justice for a crime that the investigation found no evidence of (although obstruction is still on the table for other crimes we have or ultimately find evidence of).  IMO as a liberal, what is good for the country is to accept that it's likely he did not collude and not try to discredit this result.  There are still a lot of things to dislike about the guy including likely some illegal things, but again these offenses are less impeachable than treason (and liberals should recognize that and adjust their actions).  I think the report should be public (and trump supporters probably agree with me) but I think to not make a fuss if its lightly redacted (as long as congress sees the whole thing).  I also think calling for more investigations sound like sour grapes, so I think house investigations should be pared back and focused on more obvious violations Trump has committed (if there are any). Just my thoughts mainly directed at the liberals here, although not critiquing anyone, but just looking at the normal response people often have in this situation.

This is an admirable and commendable concession.  Yet, more than half a day has gone by, and cameronfen's topic (http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/politics/result-of-mueller-investigation/) gets no acknowledgment or responses.  Surely many more anti-Trumper board members have had similar private thoughts, unless of course they are still in deep CD like much of the media.

For those who have belittled my frequent references to CD (you know who you are), here's the book on cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias.  If there is an update planned, surely the Russian Collusion Delusion will be analyzed in the new edition:

https://www.amazon.com/Mistakes-Were-Made-but-Not/dp/0544574788/ref=sr_1_1?crid=7KBOOMO7SZQI&keywords=mistakes+were+made+but+not+by+me&qid=1553577150&s=gateway&sprefix=mistakes+were+made%2Caps%2C785&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:42:59 PM by cobafdek »

LC

« Reply #468 on: March 26, 2019, 02:13:41 AM »
Thatís because there is an existing thread where it is being actively discussed. Please, maintain your prescribed medication schedule.

cobafdek

« Reply #469 on: July 29, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »
One is showing signs of coming out of the TDS bubble - a positive step in the right direction.

The other is in seriously deep, maybe end-stage, TDS.

Which one is which, i.e., which one is in need of serious medical help?

Hey, I don't think any of you are racists...

Trump is a good litmus test for CoBF racists to come out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:12:45 PM by cobafdek »