Author Topic: Trump just destroyed Republican party  (Read 7572 times)

Gregmal

Re: Trump just destroyed Republican party
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »
I didn’t convict kavanaugh of anything and last I checked he was sworn in as a Supreme Court justice. Why so disingenuous? Do you think Acosta should’ve had his press pass revoked?

Absolutely. Acosta goes there with no intention of doing anything other than trying to stir shit up and cause problems. He adds nothing and has no value as far of delivering a news story goes.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2018, 07:58:59 AM »
If some of the people on this board where honest with themselves, we could have an intelligent discussion but, we are long passed that point.

For example, why are these journalists all dressed up? Why not going to the White House press conference with a t-shirt, jeans, running shoes?

Ah yes, there is a code of some sort. Credentials are required. I can't go. So it is a privileged group.

Similarly, I have never seen any President being trashed like this even George W. Bush who wasn't too popular with Liberals. Essentially people yelling at him. As a journalist, I thought the goal was to ask questions and obtain information and not express an opinion?

So Acosta is out. Good! Follow the code you POS.

This is actually no attack at all on the free press when you consider that Obama essentially boycotted right wing media. This would be like removing 1/4 of all journalists attending the press conference.

To Hillary's defense, at least she was willing to give interviews to people at Fox. She wasn't protected and cuddled like Obama and giving the finger to all those who disagreed with him and his policies.

You see, unlike the die-hard Liberals on this thread, I am able to see the good and bad. My eyes are wide open.

Cardboard

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
I think the issue is fundamentally that Trump continues to publicly lie and then the press has to report that he lied and ask him questions about the lies.  And Sanders has to double down on the lies.  I don't think Sanders believes she is telling the truth when she is asked to double down on untrue things the President says or tells her to say.  I am not sure if the President knows when he is telling the truth and not telling the truth.  He may honestly believe that he doesn't do that.  But that has been his personal style for so long it is hard for him to be honest with himself.  I know, I know... All politicians are liars.  So nothing I said above means anything..  yada yada yada

I understand you think your eyes are wide open and you are without bias.  don't we all.

cubsfan

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »
You MUST be joking - the Press is acting in the interest of the American people?  What a farce. They could give
a shit about the average American - only their own personal power.

If you want to watch liars in action - all you have to do is turn on MSNBC and CNN - they will fill your day with lies.

At least Trump has a high approval rating - from the people that elected him.

Meanwhile - the propaganda press that is "supposed" to report the truth -and gets rating slightly higher than
the pathetic ratings that Congress gets from the people of this country.

Congress and the mainstream media could care less about the average American - only their own power.
Trump is a HUGE threat to them - he bypasses the media and goes directly to the people.

You can trash Trump all you like - and the man definitely has his faults. But he is saying things that have needed to
be said for years (which the media won't do) - mainly that our DC legislators, both Republicans and Democrats,
have let the public down - and only care about power.

The President is exposing both camps for what they have become: NOT protectors of the Public.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2018, 09:16:59 AM »
"I think the issue is fundamentally that Trump continues to publicly lie..."  "I know, I know... All politicians are liars.  So nothing I said above means anything..  yada yada yada"

So let's assume that Trump lies, ok. Don't your remember: "You will be able to keep your own doctor." That was a lie.

Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. That was a lie.

"Never had sex with that women." That was a lie.

You see, we have countless examples of lies or errors or whatever you may want to call it from various Presidents.

However, we have never seen such press coverage. Never!

If you hate a sitting President, is this a reason to go down in the mud with him if you consider him at that level? Do you have to trash everything he does?

It is truly the lack of balance in the media that is remarkable and the more they do it, the more people hate the media, distrust what they do and love Trump.

So like Cubsfan is saying the guy is not perfect. Who is? He is arrogant and all that but, I still think that he should be given some respect and recognized when he does something right.

Cardboard

Gregmal

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2018, 09:24:19 AM »
The crux of the liberal argument is "but Trump's president now!".... They'll never admit or acknowledge that double standard. They'll claim they didn't like the previous politicians, or that it isn't something to be concerned with now, but the truth is that they certainly didn't conduct themselves this way until Trump got into office.

cubsfan

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »

It is truly the lack of balance in the media that is remarkable and the more they do it, the more people hate the media, distrust what they do and love Trump.

So like Cubsfan is saying the guy is not perfect. Who is? He is arrogant and all that but, I still think that he should be given some respect and recognized when he does something right.

Cardboard

This is the core of the issue (above) - the public lost trust in DC and the Media. They know both groups could care less about THEM.
They elected Donald Trump as a POPULIST - to not be beholden to ANYONE but the PUBLIC.
The public wants the truth for once.

How simple could it be:

- You get an entire administration LYING to you about the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi. Bold face cover up and lies.
  And you compare this in any way to a Trump slap down of some POS grandstander like Acosta? Really?

- You get Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State - funneling foreign government contributions through her "foundation"
  with a "wink and a nod" - Want influence in DC? Just by pass the Commerce Department - cause the State Department
  will make it happen for you (wink, wink). - and you compare this to Paul Manafort? Really?

- You get Obama drawing his "red line" in Crimea - and folding like a cheap suit while Putin walks into the Ukraine.
  Hillary Clinton engineering uranium deals for the Russians - BUT Donald Trump is in "Russia's Pocket"? Really?

- You get Obama, who could BARELY conceal his contempt for Nethanyahu, giving the world's largest sponsor
  of Terrorism $400B - yet Trump is a bigot?

The problem with the media and Congress is their contempt and distain for the average American who sees through
all THEIR LIES - and wants an end to it.

The really interesting thing is neither group have learn A THING.

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
You are right.  Obama told us we could keep our same doctor if we liked our doctor.  He also told us we could keep our health insurance plan if we liked the plan we had.  And then some of those plans ended up being unlawful under the new law - because they were deemed to not be good enough.  So some people, far from all of them, had to switch health insurance providers and then their doctor that they liked didn't accept the new health insurance.  But most people could keep their own doctor, especially if they checked to see if their doctor accepted the health insurance they were about to select.  I kept my doctor, because I selected an ACA plan that kept my personal doctor in-network.  I chose to buy that one instead of a different plan that would have made my doctor 'out of network.'

The Affordable Care Act was obviously a very imperfect compromise and nothing close to the plan that was originally hoped for.  On top of that, the health insurance / provider market is very complex.

I guess what I'm saying is daily lies for no reason other than personal vanity or god knows whatever reason our current President has is not comparable to what I described above.  You are pretending that Obama knew some people wouldn't be able to keep their own doctor, concealed that, and told a lie.  Thats not what happened.

And then you picked a single lie from each of two other presidencies.  Obviously there are more lies for Clinton and more lies from Bush - but my point has been that it is daily, relentless untruth.  Not here and there for whatever reason - but steady everyday untruth.  It's damaging to our country and it may ultimately prove damaging to Donald Trump.  Although so far, nothing has hurt him.

Much of what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth (and twitter keyboard) is so foolish that even the die hard Trump supporters on this board should recognize the foolishness.  If you are willing to recognize the foolishness, you can still appreciate his accomplishments.  Trade changes, for example, MIGHT work out.  He is going about it differently than anyone else in history.  It MIGHT work.  It MIGHT be a disaster.  We'll find out much later and it will be studied forever.  The corporate tax cut MIGHT be considered a smart move by history.  Or it might be considered at handout that further bankrupted the nation and further exploded the wealth gap.  We don't know yet.  Everybody knew it would be positive for companies and their stocks in the short term.  That's whats happening now.  If I hand you 20% of your earnings power back, your company is worth more.

What I'm trying to get across is that you have to be willing to see both sides.  You guys don't sound like you are ever willing to see both sides.  You sound like you have your minds made up. 

"I think the issue is fundamentally that Trump continues to publicly lie..."  "I know, I know... All politicians are liars.  So nothing I said above means anything..  yada yada yada"

So let's assume that Trump lies, ok. Don't your remember: "You will be able to keep your own doctor." That was a lie.

Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. That was a lie.

"Never had sex with that women." That was a lie.

You see, we have countless examples of lies or errors or whatever you may want to call it from various Presidents.

However, we have never seen such press coverage. Never!

If you hate a sitting President, is this a reason to go down in the mud with him if you consider him at that level? Do you have to trash everything he does?

Cardboard

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »
"The really interesting thing is neither group have learn A THING."

Correct, and I see the same from many on this board. They may hate Trump but, they should at least try to understand what is going on.

Some were talking about a Blue Tsunami in the mid-term, LOL! Didn't happen, why?

Well, I can tell you that there is a global wave of getting rid of these muppets politicians who work only for special interest groups and big donors. The silent majority has had enough and it is clear if you look around you.

Look at Brazil recently, Italy, Germany. In Canada, it has happened in Ontario and lesser degree in Quebec and will for sure happen in Alberta in early 2019.

It is the same everywhere. Wake-up!

Cardboard

cubsfan

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »
What you are missing: Your lies from Trump pale in magnitude from the Obama/Clinton era.

Obama knew Obamacare was a HUGE tax hike for the average American in disguise. He knew it. Zeke Immanuel knew it
and admitted it.  They knew MANY doctors would refuse to sign on for the plan - and the fallout was much worse
than they ever expected. Yet, they continued to perpetuate the lie that the "cost of healthcare would go down".

As an original Obama voter - my mind IS made up. Obama had his chance and was a disaster. Hillary would have been worse.
Now give Trump his chance.