Author Topic: Trust Him...He's a Really Smart Person!  (Read 4238 times)

brker_guy

• Lifetime Member
Re: Trust Him...He's a Really Smart Person!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »

Why Congress can't work up their courage to invoke the 25th Amendment is beyond me?!
This turd is completely incompetent...

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2017/10/12/trump-is-wrong-stock-gains-wont-cut-debt.cnnmoney/index.html

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:55 AM »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Watch this, please

wachtwoord

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 06:23:29 AM »
Makes me think of: "We look for three things when we hire people. We look for intelligence, we look for initiative or energy, and we look for integrity. And if they donít have the latter, the first two will kill you, because if youíre going to get someone without integrity, you want them lazy and dumb."

But then again each and every (shrewd) politician makes me think of that. Generally a lot more than Trump makes me feel like that (I saw someone call Hillary stupid. She definitely isn't, yet her integrity is as close to zero as you can get). The smart ones have no integrity and the few with some integrity are thick as a brick. I think people with all 3 of the characteristics are just fundamentally uninterested and/or unsuited for the treacherous arena of politics.
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master"

MRCR - FELP - ALS.TO - PDER - COMX - WWIB.OL -
 SODI - NVTR - ADDC - UPGI - HNFSA - IPO.TO - BONL - BWEL - GNW - NYRT - POE.V

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:04 AM »
Makes me think of: "We look for three things when we hire people. We look for intelligence, we look for initiative or energy, and we look for integrity. And if they donít have the latter, the first two will kill you, because if youíre going to get someone without integrity, you want them lazy and dumb."

But then again each and every (shrewd) politician makes me think of that. Generally a lot more than Trump makes me feel like that (I saw someone call Hillary stupid. She definitely isn't, yet her integrity is as close to zero as you can get). The smart ones have no integrity and the few with some integrity are thick as a brick. I think people with all 3 of the characteristics are just fundamentally uninterested and/or unsuited for the treacherous arena of politics.

+1.  I prefer an idiot like Trump to an intelligent well spoken evil psychopath any day.  What I find the most amusing is how much Trump's idiocy any crudeness bothers people.  I mean really bothers people, to the point of anger.  I don't identify with the US government in any way, so I don't feel that he represents me, and I don't care how people in other countries, see "us", etc.   When you have incorporated the state into your personal identity and truly believe that there is such a thing as "we" or "us", then how the president (your "leader"/parent/care-giver) presents himself bothers you and you can't get over it.  You become like the little kid who won't invite anyone over his house because he is afraid that his drunk dad will say something embarrassing.  I find the whole thing highly amusing.

doughishere

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 07:01:34 AM »
schieffer had a number of interesting comments on the trump administration....misspelled words, peoples names in the wrong positions and such

https://charlierose.com/videos/31055

Cigarbutt

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 07:17:22 AM »
Disclosure:
-normally assume that macro stuff doesnít matter, but maybe not these days.
-thought that the elected president does not have an adequate tool kit (use the word(s) you want here) to make a positive difference.
-Sold all Fairfax holdings and removed it from my watchlist, largely because of the above two assumptions and dissonance between the two assumptions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2017/10/10/trump-unfiltered/#7352184d7a58

Fairfax radically changed their investment stance because of who (and his tool kit) became president.
Maybe my assumptions are wrong and maybe I should look into buying back Fairfax?
Please explain, without calling me a moron or a leftist, why Iím wrong.
Isnít this an elephant in the room?

BTW, reading the Forbes article and trying to put answers about foreign policy into context, one at least has to hope that intelligent answers will prevail because some issues are larger than GDP and investment returns. Amusing at times maybe but at least a head scratcher? No?

Aim to combine intelligence, energy and integrity? Itís been done before? No?

What weíre going through isnít unusually unusual?

bookie71

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »
From Wikipedia:

"Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:[9]

Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.[clarify]
Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to "dump" shame onto others.
Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may "reinflate" their sense of self-importance by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person or their achievements.
Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other person is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other."
Does it fit ?
Always remember, Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Gregmal

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
Seems like a lot of bitterness and sore loser syndrome.

When I was 8, my favorite sports team lost in the semi-finals. For the next two years I spewed hatred of the rival who beat them and used any excuse I could find to banter on and trash that rival. Eventually I grew up. To each their own though.

In regards to politics, I can only imagine if conservatives conducted themselves like this for Obama's eight years in office. And no, I'm not talking about the extreme right, or even the shit stirrers like Trump with the ridiculous birtherism nonsense. I'm talking about the average Republican who probably didn't care for or agree with much of the Obama-ism but accepted the election and moved on anyway. It's frightening how many normal, rational and respected people, along with mainstream publications, who just can't stop whining; can't get over that their guy(woman in this case) didn't win. Grow up. Otherwise it's going to be a long 3-7 years for you folks. Getting trolled by a guy who if nothing else, gets his rocks off agitating the hell out of folks like you.

augustabound

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 03:23:34 PM »
Nobody better: https://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/918762026192789504
The only truth he spoke was, "Nobody knows debt better than me".
"Serenity now, insanity later." - Lloyd Braun

LC

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
Sore losing? This isn't a football game. I would say your post sounds ridiculous, but our president is lowering that bar daily.  ;D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | khc | nke | mo | renx | c | wppgy | dis | cmp