Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Investment Ideas / Re: BOMN - Boston Omaha Corporation
« Last post by CorpRaider on Today at 09:05:15 AM »
Who is the other guy?  The Peterson guy, from Omaha.  Anyone have any background info on him.  I'm not finding anything.  Thanks in advance.
Any thoughts on Icahn's departure?  IMO irrelevant for F/F and probably zero chance it had any relevance to why he left.  We still don't know if he even holds shares anymore iirc

not sure he was ever there to depart from
Investment Ideas / Re: SHLD - Sears
« Last post by doughishere on Today at 08:17:48 AM »
Investment Ideas / Re: ZO1 - Zooplus
« Last post by Spekulatius on Today at 07:58:08 AM »
Fressnapf is a trading retailer with online presence. I confirm that Fressnapf prices match or a lower than Zooplus. It does not appear a to me that has a pricing advantage. This is also confirmed in a study from the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Verbraucherstudien
http://www.dtgv.de/tests/online-shops-tierbedarf-test-von-preisen-angebot-und-service/

it is clear that Zooplus doe not have a pricing edge, nor are their product offerings broader than their competition.
« Last post by Matson125 on Today at 07:56:56 AM »
Sears sold 13 props for $248m. 8/2

https://bpy.brookfield.com/en/press-releases/2017/08-02-2017-115005894

Edit:

Brookfield Property CEO Kingston on Real Estate, Retail
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-08-18/brookfield-property-ceo-on-real-estate-retail-video

The properties are owned by Seritage and were sold to GGP.
« Last post by doughishere on Today at 07:40:39 AM »
Any thoughts on Icahn's departure?  IMO irrelevant for F/F and probably zero chance it had any relevance to why he left.  We still don't know if he even holds shares anymore iirc
Investment Ideas / Re: TRIP - Tripadvisor Inc.
« Last post by ukvalueinvestment on Today at 05:30:22 AM »
Shall we get back to Value Investing?

What is the Intrinsic Value of TripAdvisor?
Investment Ideas / Re: ZO1 - Zooplus
« Last post by ukvalueinvestment on Today at 05:24:39 AM »
Is Fressnapf a traditional retailer or online?

I have done similar checks with Pets At Home, in the UK.  Pets at Home is the dominant bricks and mortar retailer.

Again, it is not clear that Zooplus is materially cheaper on lots of the items sampled, albeit this is after Pets At Home has made "investments" in price. 
Berkshire Hathaway / Re: BRK: Oncor Acquisition
« Last post by villainx on August 19, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »
I don't see any harm in raising the offer if it makes sense.  Not raising the offer for future deals or principle is just silly.  Buffett and Berkshire are investing, as long as it makes sense, if they had too, which is not saying they have to, raising the offer by a little isn't the end of the world.

This is also against the backdrop that Berkshire has a ton of cash and they expressed numerous times that they were glad to pay up or were too strict on sticking to a price.  The cash shouldn't compel them to burn a pocket hole, but it's still there nonetheless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10