Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Last post by cherzeca on September 22, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
Does this case strengthen Plaintiff’s court cases? Especially Sweeney’s?

https://ecf.rid.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2017cv0005-39

Does this also not strengthen the separation of powers case against FHFA? It  implies that he has been doing whatever he wants without regards for legality as we know NWS is not legal and he is not conserving either.

“But since Watt doesn’t have a supervisor, he said no one could take action against him.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-14/fannie-regulator-mel-watt-refused-to-aid-sexual-harassment-probe

This is too much happening in plain sight. May be nothing matters at this point.

But since Watt doesn’t have a supervisor, he said no one could take action against him.
There you go. Someone bring some kryptonite!

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-09-14/fannie-regulator-mel-watt-refused-to-aid-sexual-harassment-probe?__twitter_impression=true

case is clearly good for fairholme in front of Sweeney.
But then, wouldn't it impact Perry the opposite way (breach of contract among private actors)?

no, breach claim still survives but the takings claim can be added.  not mutually exclusive
Politics / Re: How to Reinvent Yourself
« Last post by ScottHall on September 22, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »
Eh I'm not going to jump in on any of that stuff, I will just say the argument doesn't make logical sense. Now, I can understand doubting the claims because of her incentives.

That said, Ben rothlesberger (sp) also has quite a history of sexual harassment claims against him.

Do I think somebody should be assumed guilty just because the accusation is heinous? No of course not, that is baloney. But the argument you are making, Greg, is fallacious.

Yeah. Just for 100% clarity, I'm not saying Ben R. did or didn't do anything. I just don't like Greg's justification of a hypothetical rape, saying it'd be "right up her alley" if she WAS raped.

Of course, it's up to you to do as you see best.

I've edited my posts to add the utmost clarity about the "hypothetical" part.

Again(I feel like I'm feeding into this crap just by responding to it), I'm saying her claim that she was terrified he made a pass at her, is bogus. Especially given her track record. If he straight up raped her, send him to jail. But is wasnt reported(vs let's say Kobe Bryant) But that's not what is being claimed, instead she's exploiting this social movement that has the power to ruin his life, to sell books.

Okay, good. That's what I, for one, wanted to see. I have no position on whether Stormy is a liar or not.

I still don't like some of the comments about her sex life, but now that you have spelled out that you would support his prosecution if it came out that he had raped her, I have no reason to continue muting you. I'm glad you are better than that. I am perfectly okay with political disagreements.

I would recommend that you edit the part of the comment that Pau highlighted in your second post on this topic to reflect what you've said in the part I have highlighted here or something similar to it, for sake of clarity. In the current version, it's easy to conclude that you believe the opposite.

My comments about myself stopping being a troll on here still stand, I intend to abide by that promise.
« Last post by Gregmal on September 22, 2018, 08:23:50 PM »
Eh I'm not going to jump in on any of that stuff, I will just say the argument doesn't make logical sense. Now, I can understand doubting the claims because of her incentives.

That said, Ben rothlesberger (sp) also has quite a history of sexual harassment claims against him.

Do I think somebody should be assumed guilty just because the accusation is heinous? No of course not, that is baloney. But the argument you are making, Greg, is fallacious.

Yeah. Just for 100% clarity, I'm not saying Ben R. did or didn't do anything. I just don't like Greg's justification of a hypothetical rape, saying it'd be "right up her alley" if she WAS raped.

Again(I feel like I'm feeding into this crap just by responding to it), I'm saying her claim that she was terrified he made a pass at her, is bogus. Especially given her track record. If he straight up raped her, send him to jail. But is wasnt reported(vs let's say Kobe Bryant) But that's not what is being claimed, instead she's exploiting this social movement that has the power to ruin his life, to sell books.
« Last post by Gregmal on September 22, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »
Oh no! Dougie ignores me! What will I do?

Let's sum this up.

Liberal crew:
You're justifying rape!

Me: no, I'm not.

Liberal crew: ignore my statement.
You're justifying rape!

Ok then...
« Last post by ScottHall on September 22, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »

« Last post by LC on September 22, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »

« Last post by doughishere on September 22, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
Yada, yada. More of the same.

You have somebody with no credibility, stories that don't add up, who's clearly just seeking publicity, careless trying to exploit anyone and anything she can to further her career...specifically capitalizing on an environment where any sort of claim like the one she is making can ruin another persons life... and you guys personally attack me and accuse me of the classic "she s asking for it" rhetoric...

Typical I guess.

I'm sorry you really believe that rape can be justified, Greg.

I, for one, will have no association with someone who truly believes that.

Muted.

Im with Scotty. Ive had enough of this trash from Greg. I dont normally tell people that im blocking them but this guy disgusting. Scott was even gracious enough to give him an out and walk back his comment and he doubled down on it. Even if he has a good investment idea i dont want a dime of my nw to come from a garbo person like him. Him and a few others are really killing this message board. From time to time the comments pop up on twitter and elsewhere about these scumbags. Were not the only ones who think this way.

Muted.

Edit: haha. greg will be my first ignore. congrats.
« Last post by ScottHall on September 22, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »

You have somebody with no credibility, stories that don't add up, who's clearly just seeking publicity, careless trying to exploit anyone and anything she can to further her career...specifically capitalizing on an environment where any sort of claim like the one she is making can ruin another persons life... and you guys personally attack me and accuse me of the classic "she s asking for it" rhetoric...

Typical I guess.

I'm sorry you really believe that rape, even if only hypothetical, can be justified, Greg.

I, for one, will have no association with someone who truly believes that.

Muted.
« Last post by Gregmal on September 22, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »

Typical I guess.
« Last post by doughishere on September 22, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »
A+ Scott. I stand with Scott on this. I'm not for censorship but theres a point where the house should be cleaned. Specifically the "false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene" parts. I would like to remind everyone of the Terms of Use you all have agreed to.

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/terms-of-use/terms-of-use/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10