Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Investment Ideas / Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Last post by linealdin on Today at 04:24:22 AM »
Regarding IOC

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/strike-usw-ioc-deal-1.4678907

Very good. If the contract is agreed to on Monday and then they restart production in a week or two Altius will have lost a little less than a quarter of LIF royalties: letís say 56 cents a share or C$1.88 million. Not too bad.

The mood on the unionís facebook page is notably less strident than before the last vote. I think theyíve felt the pain of losing those $100K plus salaries.
Investment Ideas / Re: CHTR - Charter Communications
« Last post by Spekulatius on Today at 03:45:46 AM »
t $215 to $270 I would imagine they would want to retire another 15% this year. At this rate, I cannot imagine the share price won't be sustained since in 5 years 100% of the shares will be repurchased

Wrong math. If CHTR retires 15% of thrirnshares avery year, they end up with 0.85^7 or ~32% of their shares left after 7 years. The law of smaller numbers 8).
« Last post by scorpioncapital on Today at 02:00:09 AM »
What do you think about the strategy of selling puts on GLIBA around $30 to $35 for december? Worst case you get Charter proxy at another 20-25% discount already depressed valuation and base case you get 15-19% return on collateral because put options on low priced stocks tend to be lower collateral vs cost..plus if you get put it's easier to buy shares at $35 then Charter at $208? I've only seen this opportunity available on stocks like LBTYA, GLIBA, DISCK, maybe a reason Malone keeps the share price so low? You also have significant buybacks. Already at $330+, 12% of Charter float was retired over the last year. At $215 to $270 I would imagine they would want to retire another 15% this year. At this rate, I cannot imagine the share price won't be sustained since in 5 years 100% of the shares will be repurchased!

Investment Ideas / Re: HLF - Herbalife
« Last post by Jurgis on May 25, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »
So Icahn pretty much screwed Ackman.
General Discussion / Re: net worth and age
« Last post by Jurgis on May 25, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
it's probably counterproductive to focus on what random people supposedly own or earn at what age.

He who dies with the most toys wins!  8)

Apropos: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-23/bankers-don-t-think-you-re-rich-unless-you-have-25-million
Investment Ideas / Re: TSLA - Tesla Motors
« Last post by Cardboard on May 25, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »
Did you smoke something before writing this or a la Scott Hall because I have a hard time following?

Cardboard
Investment Ideas / Re: TSLA - Tesla Motors
« Last post by Investmentacct on May 25, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
"Sure. You are right. When you keep building what was out there for past 100 years, probably no overtime is required where rate of innovation is close to zero , and let those CEOs sleep peacefully. Once those once comfortable CEOs wake up, will find dream/sleep was better. "

Last time I looked, Tesla only had 18% of global market share for EV's.

When I read your statement, it feels like they are the only ones making them or the only ones participating in that revolution.

Is BAIC's CEO sleeping on the plant floor with them having close to the largest market share and 90%+ growth vs 30%+ for Tesla?

What about Carlos Ghosn making the Nissan Leaf which is again to my knowledge still the number #2 seller globally just  behind BAIC EC?

Cardboard

Your point is correct. Agree with you  They are not only one in EV game. They started or pioneered EV game. And, kind of realizing goal of accelerating world's transition towards sustainable energy.

If seeing Tesla from System standpoint below points can be cross compared with other EV solutions:
 Superchargers solutions and network availability and fastest chargers on market
 Complete IOT car platform with OTA
 Full remote climate control
 Car tracking solution with UBER level of accuracy
 Most advanced and longest range battery solutions
 Semi autonomous system with no-lag human/system control exchange

List can go on and on and there are OTAs which make things better on regular updates. not counting 0-60s other nuances.

General Discussion / Re: Top 5 Best Restaurants
« Last post by Gregmal on May 25, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »
Haven't been there in a while but Southern Hospitality in NYC was always a favorite. Hunt & Fish Club is my wife's favorite; food is great, the atmosphere is cool and you always run into famous people. I'm a burger and Bud Lite guy though so not my first choice. Never had a bad time though.
« Last post by vinod1 on May 25, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
I am in US. :)

Unlimited plans are catching on but most of the people I know are still on limited data plans. Limited sample size.

Vinod
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10