Author Topic: Annual Shareholders Meeting 2017  (Read 5636 times)

Mephistopheles

Re: Annual Shareholders Meeting 2017
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »
Wish they would include the likes of Tom Russo or Chris Davis on the panel. They are heavily vested in the longer term of Berkshire. They share my interest in understanding the real risks.

I and several others talked about this last year - instead of having Wall Street equity analysts, why not a panel of value oriented hedge fund managers? I think Pabrai, Tilson, or even someone like Ackman would be happy to sit on a panel. I don't why this hasn't happened yet as I think it's a win win for everyone (except the equity analysts!). I think I'm going to write Buffett a letter suggesting this format.

eclecticvalue

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
You could tweet at Pabrai and the other about it.

John Hjorth

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Just don't ever "@" Mr. Pabrai, if you want to be able to read his tweets going forwards. Just saying ; - )
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:17:43 AM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

Graham Osborn

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »
OK guys, way to spoil it for the rest of us.  It's like watching the pope from St. Peter's square vs on TV - not quite the same.  The trip ain't exactly cheap, but it's cheaper than just about other annual meeting you might go to if you're willing to book a discount airline and hotel 15 minutes away from downtown.