BRK Annual Meeting Question

txlaw

I might be going to the BRK annual meeting this year.  It would be my first time there.

Other than the actual meeting, Q&A, and Sunday gala, what other stuff do people usually do while in Omaha?

I second this request as I'm thinking of heading down and am also a first timer.  The Omaha tourism website looks pretty bleak.

I might be going to the BRK annual meeting this year.  It would be my first time there.

Other than the actual meeting, Q&A, and Sunday gala, what other stuff do people usually do while in Omaha?

I second this request as I'm thinking of heading down and am also a first timer.  The Omaha tourism website looks pretty bleak.

Plenty!  You can go to NFM, Borsheims, the Net Jets display on Saturday, Gorats or Piccolos, The Old Market Area (great restaurants & shops), catch an Omaha Royals game, visit Boys & Girls town, check out Buffett's house, go gamble in Council Bluffs at Harrah's or Ameristar, drive around and check out the architecture, go play golf at numerous golf courses, walk around the River...I'm sure there are a ton of other things people will tell you.  Don't forget all the private parties between Berkshire sanctioned events.  Cheers!

Txlaw,

The Yellow BRK'ers Meet and Greet is a great event for a first timer and anyone else:

Berkshire Hathaway shareholders from all online communities are welcome to an unofficial gathering on Friday, May 4th, 2012.

You are invited to join as fellow shareholders unofficially gather on Friday, May 4th, 2012 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Omaha to meet and have fun, starting at 4:00 pm and you can linger until 7:00 pm (or longer). There will be a short program at approximately 5:00 or 5:30.

This is a casual atmosphere, with light snacks available. It's a "happy hour" type of gathering - not a formal dinner or anything of that sort.

The DoubleTree is located on 16th and Dodge. There may be some street parking, otherwise, one can use the parking garage with an entrance from the South at 16th & Dodge street, just east of the First National Bank.

To register for the event:  http://yellowbrkers.com/

Txlaw,

The Yellow BRK'ers Meet and Greet is a great event for a first timer and anyone else:

Berkshire Hathaway shareholders from all online communities are welcome to an unofficial gathering on Friday, April 29, 2011.

You are invited to join as fellow shareholders unofficially gather on Friday, May 4th, 2012 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Omaha to meet and have fun, starting at 4:00 pm and you can linger until 7:00 pm (or longer). There will be a short program at approximately 5:00 or 5:30.

This is a casual atmosphere, with light snacks available. It's a "happy hour" type of gathering - not a formal dinner or anything of that sort.

The DoubleTree is located on 16th and Dodge. There may be some street parking, otherwise, one can use the parking garage with an entrance from the South at 16th & Dodge street, just east of the First National Bank.

To register for the event: http://www.amiando.com/YellowBRKer.html?page=490881

I'm only confused about your old outdated link for last years event (April 29, 2011)

http://www.amiando.com/YellowBRKer.html?page=490881

I only know the following link for this years event (May 4th, 2012).

http://www.YellowBRKers.com/

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  Anyone else have any recs?  Is it necessary to rent a car, or will it be easy to get around by cabbing it?

I would actually love to come to the Yellow BRK'ers meet and greet, but my flight probably wouldn't come in in time for that event.

I'm about 70% sure I'm coming to Omaha.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  Anyone else have any recs?  Is it necessary to rent a car, or will it be easy to get around by cabbing it?

I would actually love to come to the Yellow BRK'ers meet and greet, but my flight probably wouldn't come in in time for that event.

I'm about 70% sure I'm coming to Omaha.

Very easy to get around by car, and cabs aren't that plentiful.  You might be out of luck on car rentals though.  Better hurry to book one!  This is the first year that Berkshire has recommended for people to fly into Kansas City and rent a car, because it is getting tougher to find flights or rental cars.  Cheers!

You can buy the pass on ebay and last year Berkshire were selling unlimited passes to defeat any profiteering.

I went two years ago and I recommend a car rental as coming from Australia, this was my one and only time. Admitally i booked like 5 months ahead and the car rental was only $110 for three days. The car is good for checking out Council Bluffs, Iowa across the river if you are a railroad fan as the Union Pacific Railroad museum is here. The car is also good for going to the airport to check out Netjets as the private aviation terminal is on the other side of the passanger airport.

Other stuff to check out is (a) the Bob Kerrey footbridge between Iowa and Nebraska, (b) Buffett's house which he has lived for over 50 years, © Buffett biographer - Author reception at Mammel Hall, University of Nebraska - Omaha (moved from Dairy Queen) (d) Boystown

Hope you have fun at the AGM - definitely one of my things crossed off my bucket list!

• 4 weeks later...

This might be a silly question. I still did not receive the proxy and the post card. Is there a way to get it now or is it too late? Did the broker send the proxy?

Thanks

Ravi, I received postcard + proxy about 2 weeks ago, sent in card, but have not received pass. Hope passes available at investor kiosk, as I have already purchased plane, hotel, etc.

BRK should really think of a better way to get meeting passes to their shareholders. Maybe they should just attach it to proxy if they don t want to use high tech method ala airline ticket

Guest Hester

Ravi, I received postcard + proxy about 2 weeks ago, sent in card, but have not received pass. Hope passes available at investor kiosk, as I have already purchased plane, hotel, etc.

BRK should really think of a better way to get meeting passes to their shareholders. Maybe they should just attach it to proxy if they don t want to use high tech method ala airline ticket

Absolutely. I also never recieved the proxy , not this year or last year. BRK needs to offer a digital option for those who opt for digital proxies. They need to at least dip a toe in the 21st century. Luckily, plenty of the people going to the meeting order extra passes.

A few questions about Saturday:

1) When is the best time to line up at the arena if I want decent seats?

2) When is the best time to shop around at the booths if I don't want to miss any of the Q&A?

3) When is the best time to visit NetJets, and how much time would it take, including shuttle time, if I don't want to miss the Q&A?

4) If you get up during the meeting to shop/eat lunch/visit NetJets, do you lose your seat?

5) In the visitor guide it says the only way to visit the NetJet private jet is by shuttle from CenturyLink. But on this thread someone mentioned we can drive over to the airport. So which is true?

6) Any other suggestions for the meeting day?

Thanks everyone for answering.