Author Topic: Buffett/Berkshire - general news  (Read 776054 times)

longinvestor

Re: Buffett/Berkshire - general news
« Reply #710 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:30 AM »
wow! That's going to take years to listen, and will come out of my reading quota.

Wonder what's the thought behind this? Coming after a no photography/no recording regimen. Surely it is more than just about openness.

nickenumbers

« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
That is going to be really interesting.

I clicked on the link but is says that I have to be a digital subscriber to the Herald to read the article.

Does it say where the video/audio will be posted?

Thanks.
Just cause you watch Cobra Kai shows, doesn't mean you can do Kung fu.

cubsfan

« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2018, 05:53:09 AM »
I sure hope Munger did the same with the WESCO meetings. Those were gems.
Hope they were recorded too.

WneverLOSE

« Reply #713 on: March 22, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »
It doesn't say when it will be out or how but it is in the working, the company that did the photography is working on converting all the footage to a digital format.

The newspaper is owned by Berkshire so little doubt about the accuracy of the reporting in my opinion.
Very exciting news, hope they won't be too greedy and charge money for it  ::)

John Hjorth

« Reply #714 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:42 AM »
It doesn't say when it will be out or how but it is in the working, the company that did the photography is working on converting all the footage to a digital format.

The newspaper is owned by Berkshire so little doubt about the accuracy of the reporting in my opinion.
Very exciting news, hope they won't be too greedy and charge money for it  ::)

Thank you for putting some colour on this for those of us that are non-subscribers, WneverLOOSE,

I speculate and suppose, now that the operational responsibilities for all the Berkshire subs have been delegated, Mr. Buffett somehow feels bored and - perhaps -  started to pump subscription sales at OWH.  [j/k - ; - D ]
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

Voodooking

« Reply #715 on: March 22, 2018, 08:50:56 AM »
This is great news! I can't wait to see / hear them.

I'm sure they'll end up on YouTube eventually... my commute is about to get a lot more educational  :)

ValueMaven

« Reply #716 on: March 23, 2018, 05:48:24 PM »
WOW!!  Thanks for sharing

ValueMaven

« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2018, 02:16:12 PM »
BTW: I actually bought a little more of the B's right near the close on Friday.  In the low $190s, you are basically paying 1.35x BV....not a bad L.T investment at all IMHO

boilermaker75

« Reply #718 on: March 24, 2018, 03:18:08 PM »
BTW: I actually bought a little more of the B's right near the close on Friday.  In the low $190s, you are basically paying 1.35x BV....not a bad L.T investment at all IMHO

I've written some more 190-strike puts.

ValueMaven

« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2018, 06:47:48 AM »
Yea, that is WAY to risky of a trade for me...I dont care what premiums you are getting upfront.  I havent written puts on BRK in the low $100s awhile ago, but I feel like where we are in the market - you really have no idea what is going to happen.  I think if a big vol induced sell-off occurs, that writing both near-dated, and long-dated puts near 1.1x - 1.x2 BV makes a ton of sense.  Back in Jan of 17 one can sell the January 2019 BRK.B Put at $137.5 strike, and collect a premium of $2.20 (bid price).  So, unless you see BRK.B falling ~37% in the next two years, and are happy to own Berkshire at much lower prices…this could be an interesting way to add synthetically to an already established long position.  Of course if the stock rallies, you collect the premium and nothing more...that trade was obviously a home-run. 

Sincerely,
VM