Author Topic: Buffett/Berkshire - general news  (Read 771381 times)

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
AFL // BRK.B // CLB // EQC // EW // GPC // MO // NVO // PSX // TPL // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 15.2% + 26 months of survival ca$h

---

Hammond B3 + Leslie = swirly choruses and drops
If you don't understand, don't worry, just get up & shuffle your shoes around...

alpha

Re: Buffett/Berkshire - general news
« Reply #451 on: April 17, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services announced a partnership with Juwai.com:

http://www.bnn.ca/berkshire-hathaway-partners-with-chinese-real-estate-site-juwai-com-1.726283

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #453 on: May 04, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
QSR did a bond issue with the stated intention to redeem BRK's 9% preferred:
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1618755/000119312517156640/d390898dex991.htm

from the original securities purchase agreement - looks like they will redeem in full or in part before October, no redemption premium:
"Optional Redemption
The Issuers may redeem some or all of the Notes at any time prior to October 1, 2017 at a price equal to 100% of the principal amount of the Notes redeemed plus a “make whole” premium and, at any time on or after October 1, 2017, at the redemption prices set forth in the Indenture. In addition, at any time prior to October 1, 2017, up to 40% of the aggregate principal amount of the Notes may be redeemed with the net proceeds of certain equity offerings, at the redemption price specified in the Indenture."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:56:14 AM by globalfinancepartners »

gfp

• Lifetime Member

Txvestor

« Reply #455 on: May 04, 2017, 06:34:54 PM »
I had wondered how long it would take for him to finally throw in the towel. This last Q of declining revenues was what did it for me. Management has zero credibility left. They have misread the trends and underestimated the new entrants and I fear permanently impaired their competitive position. They have further compounded their woes by weakening their balance sheet with recent stock buybacks and dividend hikes. All of this can only work when you later find the growth and increased profitability. All their financial shenenigans are now coming home to roost.

sleepydragon

« Reply #456 on: May 04, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
I had wondered how long it would take for him to finally throw in the towel. This last Q of declining revenues was what did it for me. Management has zero credibility left. They have misread the trends and underestimated the new entrants and I fear permanently impaired their competitive position. They have further compounded their woes by weakening their balance sheet with recent stock buybacks and dividend hikes. All of this can only work when you later find the growth and increased profitability. All their financial shenenigans are now coming home to roost.

Plus the excessive CEO compensation.

John Hjorth

”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #458 on: May 05, 2017, 07:49:01 AM »
In case anyone else is curious about the shareholder intelligence firms Buffett referred to in his CNBC interview, here is an example of one -

http://www.shareintel.com/howitworks.cfm

Here is the interview in the Kiewit plaza lobby in its entirety from Becky Quick.  She was kind of surprised to receive the scoop / breaking news.  "Why are you telling us this?"

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000616150

John Hjorth

« Reply #459 on: May 05, 2017, 08:44:26 AM »
Awesome interview! - Mr. Buffett is now at the age of 86 - still sharp as a razor - even in situations with headwinds. [I wonder if we will see Amazon in the Berkshire portfolio in due course?]

- - - o 0 o - - -

Kicking in a footnote here:

globalfinancepartners,

You are doing a great job for us all here at CoBF taking the time to guide other board members to interesting things! - Tirelessly and consistently - It is very much appreciated!

Thank you!, - and have a nice weekend.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai