The Profitable Hobby of Warren Buffett

This is an old article from 2004 by James Altucher about an interesting side of Warren's investing. The original version can't be found on the 'Net so here is an old Blogspot mirror with the original text:

http://futuresasia.blogspot.com/2008/04/profitable-hobby-of-warren-buffett-by.html

Throughout 1999 and 2000, Burnham Pacific, an owner of shopping malls, was selling off its stores at a premium to the value of those stores recorded in the books. With the company trading at a discount to net asset value and a poison pill adopted to ward off a hostile takeover, shareholders were getting restless (and suing). Finally, at the end of 2000, shareholders approved a complete liquidation plan.

Buffett bought more than 5% of the liquidating company in December 2001 and enjoyed the benefits of its final six months of liquidating properties for more than they were initially valued at.

Has anyone been able to find information on WEB purchase in his personal holdings through SEC website? I haven't been able to find his form 4 purchase of SRG for his personal account...

Does he own more than 10%? Form 4s don't apply to 5%+ holders.

How did journalist find out on his purchase?

Has anyone been able to find information on WEB purchase in his personal holdings through SEC website? I haven't been able to find his form 4 purchase of SRG for his personal account...

I believe from this 13g filing (which does apply to 5%+ holders): https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315090/000119312515399523/d103925dsc13g.htm

I believe from this 13g filing (which does apply to 5%+ holders): https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315090/000119312515399523/d103925dsc13g.htm

Thanks.

Ref. the question from racemize earlier in this topic,

I have to step forward - in embarassment - because I asked my self the same question about 4 - 5 years ago - and ended up stuck on the question.

Then, I found This, now even older, Gurufocus article: Lessons From Warren Buffett’s Personal Portfolio [2010.05.25].

The basis and assumptions of the article are false. What does a - former - then younger, and brain washed - Danish CPA do here? Answer: Get a fall back, and start trying to reconcile... it all! - position by position - to test, if the basis is true!... Which it is not.

Old news then still apply today. Please just take the F13/HR related to year end 2015 and try to reconcile it to AR 2015 with regard to the number of shares of KO owned by BRK. Since then, I have been stuck, with regard to the understanding of that particular column in the F13/HR. I have tried searching the edgar site, but unfortunately without luck, and ended up giving up in the end, now long time ago.