Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs - Michael T. Osterholm

Liberty

I haven't read it yet, but this book by epidemiologist Michael T. Osterholm seem extremely timely (published in 2017):

https://www.amazon.ca/Deadliest-Enemy-Against-Killer-Germs/dp/B072F7142P/

as outbreaks of Ebola, MERS, yellow fever, and Zika have demonstrated, we are woefully underprepared to deal with the fallout. So what can - and must - we do in order to protect ourselves from mankind's deadliest enemy?

Drawing on the latest medical science, case studies, policy research, and hard-earned epidemiological lessons, Deadliest Enemy explores the resources and programs we need to develop if we are to keep ourselves safe from infectious disease. The authors show how we could wake up to a reality in which many antibiotics no longer cure, bioterror is a certainty, and the threat of a disastrous influenza pandemic looms ever larger. Only by understanding the challenges we face can we prevent the unthinkable from becoming the inevitable.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the single best guy I have heard speak during this CV crisis. I just finished listening to his book and it amazing how many things he has wrote about over the years are playing out today to a T!

Throw Michaels's name in Youtube and check out his interviews, he's a very good speaker. Both a nice voice / delivery and a very rational mind.