Enterprise Tech

Castanza

You might want to do some background research first, then re-frame your question.

It's a big topic, and there are Masters level degree's in this subject! Just one of the many sub-sets ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_software

What's the primary interest? IT development, enterprise application, or investor.

What's the expectation? tools, case studies, or investment ideas.

High or low tech?

As in most things, the glamorous (20% IT high-tech) attracts 80% of the interest.

Whereas it's the grunt applications (80% physical low-tech) that are both a a lot more profitable, and robust. The machines in the factories, warehouses, hospitals, buildings/aircraft/ships/mines, infrastructure, etc.

SD

You might want to do some background research first, then re-frame your question.

It's a big topic, and there are Masters level degree's in this subject! Just one of the many sub-sets ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_software

What's the primary interest? IT development, enterprise application, or investor.

What's the expectation? tools, case studies, or investment ideas.

High or low tech?

As in most things, the glamorous (20% IT high-tech) attracts 80% of the interest.

Whereas it's the grunt applications (80% physical low-tech) that are both a a lot more profitable, and robust. The machines in the factories, warehouses, hospitals, buildings/aircraft/ships/mines, infrastructure, etc.

SD

Hmmm you’re right. I guess my question is.....what is unique about the corporate/finance structure of tech specific companies (if anything). What are the norms and standards, in operation, execution, rollout. Yeah I get that it’s broad, and I’m not after any specific segment. Anything that discusses “that” on an academic type level would be interesting.

Most should have a gross margin of 33%+, and pre-tax NI of around 10%+ of sales.

Simply because they don't have to pay much to distribute the product, and don't suffer much inventory loss.

Buy a physical good on-line. The physical goods seller has to ship it to the buyer (Fedex/UPS/etc). The IT seller delivers the software on-line - at minimal cost.

Think of Apple. There's minimal inventory risk, as there's little inventory (only physical product), physical product is typically not made unless pre-sold, and there is planned product obsolescence (exit from old lines while they still can). Lean inventory primarily as a supply chain buffer, and not as a sales tool. Minimal everyday writedowns to changing tastes.

SD