Author Topic: University of Berkshire Hathaway - Daniel Pecaut  (Read 37083 times)

Daniel Pecaut

Re: University of Berkshire Hathaway - Daniel Pecaut
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »
In case anyone is interested:

University of Berkshire Hathaway is now available as an audiobook:

Daniel Pecaut

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2019, 03:12:31 PM »
A fan of University of Berkshire Hathaway posted a video about the book. He’s the host of a popular YouTube channel: “The Swedish Investor.”

The video has received over 67K views!

https://youtu.be/bcn73uiKmig

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 09:18:24 AM by Daniel Pecaut »

Lakesider

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 02:08:21 PM »
This works really well as an audiobook. An entertaining and well informed summary of buffet highlights.

I usually go for a walk on my lunch break so i'm listening to this for the second time. It really helps me recognise the mistakes I have been making. Thank you Daniel

John Hjorth

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 08:03:54 AM »
Daniels story in the book about undaunted buying a Berkshire Hathaway share for USD 2,570 in the yearly '80's to get meeting credentials for the Berkshire AGM is still one of my favorite Berkshire stories. -Mind you, a ticket that has kept on giving and giving!
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2020, 07:24:13 PM »
Daniels story in the book about undaunted buying a Berkshire Hathaway share for USD 2,570 in the yearly '80's to get meeting credentials for the Berkshire AGM is still one of my favorite Berkshire stories. -Mind you, a ticket that has kept on giving and giving!

My favorite was from the couple who were just in front of me last year in the line waiting to get into the Meeting arena during the early morning hour of 6:30 AM. The couple (both school teachers) were working with a broker in the early 70's who talked them out of buying a few BRK shares. "Too expensive" in the broker's words. The couple must have bought later but we changed subjects quickly to move on to more pleasant topics! 

DocSnowball

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2020, 03:44:49 AM »
This works really well as an audiobook. An entertaining and well informed summary of buffet highlights.

I usually go for a walk on my lunch break so i'm listening to this for the second time. It really helps me recognise the mistakes I have been making. Thank you Daniel

Thanks for the feedback! Just purchased, excited to listen to it. Thank you Daniel!

cknucks

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »

Same.  Just finished the audiobook.  I find that it's always a good practice to immerse myself in "Buffetology" at the beginning of every year, if only to re-ground myself and my thinking.

Lakesider

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 04:11:12 PM »
Same.  Just finished the audiobook.  I find that it's always a good practice to immerse myself in "Buffetology" at the beginning of every year, if only to re-ground myself and my thinking.

Its surprisingly easy to stray from the path.

Daniel Pecaut

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
University of Berkshire Hathaway has been selected (as one of 65 business books) for the Prime Reading program.

The Kindle eBook edition is FREE to all Amazon Prime customers for about 90 days (from March 17 to June 23, 2020).

https://www.amazon.com/University-Berkshire-Hathaway-Lessons-Shareholders-ebook/dp/B06XT89563

We'd love for as many people as possible to read this while free. So please tell your friends.