Author Topic: Brookfield 2019 Investor Day on September 26, 2019  (Read 5461 times)

villainx

Re: Brookfield 2019 Investor Day on September 26, 2019
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 01:15:46 PM »
Gents,

I hope you enjoy the session! -Personally, I'm enjoying the session on long distance over the Net. I would also like here to express that I'm very impressed with what has been said and presented so far.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I won't try to hide my envy here towards you, here I'm just pointing out, that I'm sitting in the living room with a glass of Wine Rosť - under the whole session! [ ;- ) ]

I just remember them fielding questions or addressing worries about a rising rate environment the last few investor day. Big turnaround today.

york

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »
Great day. While the view online from Halifax was ok, Iím sure it is even better in person!

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 02:44:46 PM »
I have been sitting on the sideline waiting for a good entry point. I am wondering what the forecasts you have for unappreciated profits in the future.

Specifically, did you get the sense that they might be hiding any plans to profit at the expense of minority shareholders or minority unit holders? That is clearly where the future lies for some of their sub-managers. For some of these managers they don't have a chance of making their numbers and getting their bonuses they have grown accustomed to through new investment opportunities, so takeunders are their best opportunities. Anyone have a sense of the future profitability of their take-under opportunity set?

villainx

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
I have been sitting on the sideline waiting for a good entry point. I am wondering what the forecasts you have for unappreciated profits in the future.

Specifically, did you get the sense that they might be hiding any plans to profit at the expense of minority shareholders or minority unit holders? That is clearly where the future lies for some of their sub-managers. For some of these managers they don't have a chance of making their numbers and getting their bonuses they have grown accustomed to through new investment opportunities, so takeunders are their best opportunities. Anyone have a sense of the future profitability of their take-under opportunity set?

I suggest throwing your question to BAM in investment ideas.

LongTermView

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
As usual, I enjoyed hanging out with @racemize. It was nice meeting you in person, @Wabash02, I really appreciate the book recommendation. I'm sorry we didn't see you there, @EricSchleien.

Hopefully we can all meet up in Omaha ...

Packer16

• Lifetime Member
  • Go Riders Go! Go Pack Go!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 05:51:15 AM »
One point that appeared in more than one presentation was the relatively large spread between cap rates and corporate bond rates.  Is interest rates hold, this would imply future upside for infrastructure assets & real estate assets as cap rates adjust to lower interest rates.

Packer

EricSchleien

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 06:56:24 AM »
As usual, I enjoyed hanging out with @racemize. It was nice meeting you in person, @Wabash02, I really appreciate the book recommendation. I'm sorry we didn't see you there, @EricSchleien.

Hopefully we can all meet up in Omaha ...

Hey no worries! I was in the front row with @absolutbrian. I will be in Omaha. Email me at eric@gscm.co and send me your contact info and we can be in touch.

Wabash02

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 06:00:56 AM »
I really enjoyed the event as well and it was great to meet some folks from the boards!

york

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 08:47:52 AM »
Interesting Monday morning news as Brookfield Business Partners takes a 45% stake in my current employer. 

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/09/30/1922585/0/en/Brookfield-Business-Partners-to-Invest-in-BrandSafway.html