Author Topic: Fairfax India new issue  (Read 175666 times)

Xerxes

Re: Fairfax India new issue
« Reply #370 on: March 06, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »
At $10.95, trade with a huge discount to BV.
But I am guessing things will get worse before they get better.

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2020, 11:26:27 AM »
I agree. Hard to pull the trigger on airlines right now. An airport (BIAL)? Need more information.

hobbit

« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2020, 03:54:58 PM »
So BIAL IPO at 3bn . I wonder if coronavirus will have an impact on the timing or valuation. If it goes through as planned at 3Bn , that would be a significant win for the shareholders.

petec

« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
So BIAL IPO at 3bn . I wonder if coronavirus will have an impact on the timing or valuation. If it goes through as planned at 3Bn , that would be a significant win for the shareholders.

Link?
FFH MSFT BRK BAM ATCO LNG IHG TFG CGT DC/A

hobbit

« Reply #374 on: March 06, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »

Link?

annual letter just published
"
Fairfax India intends to complete an IPO of AIIHL, targeted to value 100% of BIAL at $3.0 billion (a targeted valuation of $1.3 billion for 100% of AIIHL). A ‘‘ratchet’’ mechanism has been agreed with the investor whereby if the IPO is completed at a valuation of AIIHL below $1.3 billion, the investor will receive incremental shares of AIIHL to compensate for the difference between that actual valuation and $1.3 billion.
"
https://s1.q4cdn.com/293822657/files/doc_financials/annual_reports/2019/Website-Fairfax-India-2019-Shareholders-Letter.pdf

do not know what to make of the ratchet clause though, I have seen it in some VC deals before.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:23:35 PM by hobbit »

petec

« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »

Link?

annual letter just published
"
Fairfax India intends to complete an IPO of AIIHL, targeted to value 100% of BIAL at $3.0 billion (a targeted valuation of $1.3 billion for 100% of AIIHL). A ‘‘ratchet’’ mechanism has been agreed with the investor whereby if the IPO is completed at a valuation of AIIHL below $1.3 billion, the investor will receive incremental shares of AIIHL to compensate for the difference between that actual valuation and $1.3 billion.
"
https://s1.q4cdn.com/293822657/files/doc_financials/annual_reports/2019/Website-Fairfax-India-2019-Shareholders-Letter.pdf

do not know what to make of the ratchet clause though, I have seen it in some VC deals before.

Thanks!
FFH MSFT BRK BAM ATCO LNG IHG TFG CGT DC/A

bizaro86

« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »
That takes a lot of probitive value away from the mark on the airport. They basically guaranteed the buyer a 10%+ capital gain on the investment. On those terms, it seems likely they could have sold a small minority stake at basically any price. I wouldn't care, except they're using that mark for the performance fee.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2020, 06:51:54 AM »
That takes a lot of probitive value away from the mark on the airport. They basically guaranteed the buyer a 10%+ capital gain on the investment. On those terms, it seems likely they could have sold a small minority stake at basically any price. I wouldn't care, except they're using that mark for the performance fee.

Yes.  :(
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

bizaro86

« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2020, 08:35:33 AM »
The more I think about it, the less ethical it seems. Shareholders are the ones paying for this guarantee, while management (via performance fee) are the ones benefiting from it.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »
The more I think about it, the less ethical it seems. Shareholders are the ones paying for this guarantee, while management (via performance fee) are the ones benefiting from it.

Generally agree with this. Isn't egregious, but is distatseful