Prem Watsa Walks Investors Through Deflation Views

Guest ajc

Anyone have access to this Globe and Mail article from yesterday?

fw.to/S7LYqET

(Would appreciate it if someone could paraphrase it or maybe point out some new aspect that he hasn't really spoken about that much before.)

TIA. 

My bet is - it is a rehash from the earnings call. That is what they normally do.

please correct me if I am wrong.

I see, thanks anyway.

Is that why FFH had a little jump up yesterday?

I don't subscribe to the Globe.

It is too frequent.

Are there any Canadian publications that you can recommend? Say something closer to the WSJ or the Economist maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Is that why FFH had a little jump up yesterday?

I don't subscribe to the Globe.

It is too frequent.

Are there any Canadian publications that you can recommend? Say something closer to the WSJ or the Economist maybe?

Thanks in advance.

I can't, really. I don't know of any. Canada is a very small place.

To keep up with analysis of Canadian ongoings, I read various annual reports, blogs, institutional reports and letters to investors. There are some decent people to follow on twitter too, but not too many.

To keep up with analysis of Canadian ongoings, I read various annual reports, blogs, institutional reports and letters to investors. There are some decent people to follow on twitter too, but not too many.

Fair enough, I appreciate the insights.

"Canada is a very small place" - also had a little chuckle at this!  ;D

Fair enough, I appreciate the insights.

"Canada is a very small place" - also had a little chuckle at this!  ;D

That is what I would call a modest answer,...  ::)

They have a decent population number with some very huge land mass... LOL  ;D

I was talking about the corporate footprint of Canada. Canada is quite a small place relative to the giant next door.

In geographic terms, Canada is the second largest country by landmass. It also happens to be one of the most beautiful places on this planet.

The upshot is that I can spend the rest of my life trying to see the whole place.

• 3 weeks later...

Canada is the second largest country by landmass. It also happens to be one of the most beautiful places on this planet.

====

Canada is indeed one of the most beautiful places, except for the other countries I have visited, like the USA, France, England, Argentina, Israel, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Germany, Denamark, Norway, and Sweden, that is.

As for the original question, the only newspaper that comes close to the WSJ level would probably be the National Post, with its financial section, the Financial Post (http://www.financialpost.com/index.html), usually worth reading. In Quebec, Les Affaires (http://www.lesaffaires.com/ ; en français) is about the only place where you will get solid information about small Quebec companies. The Globe and Mail's daily Report on Business, and its monthly version, (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazine/), are also worth reading. There is a weekly called Canadian Business (http://www.canadianbusiness.com/) which I have looked at, but I prefer the others. I would be interested to hear others' suggestions or comments.