Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 22586 times)

petec

Re: Brexit
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:42 AM »
So I sold a gold poison ring on eBay to a buyer in the UK & the USPS told me that importation of gold jewelry from the US to the UK is prohibited.

FedEx & UPS told me the same thing.

I canceled the sale as I'm unwilling to falsify customs documents & possibly have the item seized.

Is this a BREXIT issue?

---

Shameless plug: Deals abound as I've listed some new 18K eternity bands with diamonds & colored stones in addition to more Fleur de Lis.

There's also an eclectic mix of other great products.

Google ebay tunawish if interested.

I highly doubt it.

WTAF is a poison ring?

A poison ring is worn on the finger & has a hinged lid with a stash compartment.

They were purportedly used to store poison to be surreptitiously dumped into someones food or drink at a gathering.

They were also used in the Victorian era & wearers would put perfumed items in them to quell stenches.

Here's a modern version.

www.ebay.com/itm/203005225978

Nice! Thanks!
FFH MSFT BRK BAM ATCO LNG IHG TFG CGT DC/A

Spekulatius

Re: Brexit
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2020, 04:06:05 AM »
PeteC - you mean you've never read Asterix in Switzerland??  It's the only reason I know about poison rings...

I bow to your knowledge.

I love Asterix - has been a long time but my in a couple of years my son will be the right age and I can't wait to revisit.

What an underutilized franchise Asterix is. It’s very hard to get the spirit of the comic books right in films and none of the films I have seen quite gets it. Imagine to create a theme park more geared towards adults. There is one in France, but it’s just another one of the rollercoaster parks. You could do a real thing going back in time and drink the “Zaubertrank” and beat each other up in mock fights etc. Endless possibilities.

The comic books are a great way to teach some Latin. For many, the phrases in the book there are all that stuck.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.