Author Topic: CoBF members 2019 returns  (Read 17351 times)

John Hjorth

CoBF members 2019 returns
« on: December 31, 2019, 03:00:04 AM »
It's this time of year! [ : - D] -Let the show & show-off begin! [ : - D]

- - - o 0 o - - -

I've widened the span in the poll options materially compared to last years poll [span now 175%], and made it more fine meshed than last year - if you may be "outside ballpark" in the poll, I sincerely hope it's in the positive end!
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

cherzeca

Re: CoBF members 2019 returns
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 07:30:32 AM »
I have multiple portfolios, most of them safe.  I will answer poll with respect to my risk portfolio... ;)

EricSchleien

• EricSchleien.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
+47%
There are two types of people in this world:

a) Tribal
b) Transactional

Get In Touch: www.EricSchleien.com

Founder/CEO GSCM: https://www.gscm.co/

Partner, TLA: https://www.transformationalleadershipassociates.com/

Founder/CEO, Wyoming Warehousing & Safe Deposit Co

Founder, ProxyActivism.com

John Hjorth

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
I have multiple portfolios, most of them safe.  I will answer poll with respect to my risk portfolio... ;)

We all have our own way to define what we report here. So be it, and that's OK. [It's just for fun - what really matters for all of us - and we all know that - is the long term track record of the outcome of what you do with your capital/AUM].
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

John Hjorth

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 09:00:46 AM »
+47%

That's awesome, Eric!,

Happy New Year!

John Hjorth

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 09:43:15 AM »
At around 6:30 PM my local time, I added yet another 50% on the upside in poll options. Lonely outlier on the upside, you are hereby free to edit your vote. [Note to readers : As the poll creator, I can't see who has voted what - just in case you may think about it.]

- - - o 0 o - - -

Unfortunately, there is no practical way here on CoBF to expand the span to the downside. [No way of rearranging poll options, leaving votes already cast untouched.] [As if a return of less than minus 50% wasn't "enough" [ : - / ].]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:13:03 AM by John Hjorth »

LC

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 01:00:36 PM »
23% in the main account...the other IRAs/401Ks etc. are all invested in SP500 index so that will lead the overall number towards the index return. I should probably just dump it all into an index :D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

John Hjorth

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
24% pre tax for 2019, and that's with a Berkshire position YE2019 at ~34%. [To me, Berkshire advanced ~13% in my functional currency, in USD Berkshire seem to me to have advanced ~11 %.]

JRM

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 01:41:36 PM »
43% for my only actively managed account.  currently sitting on about 22% cash.

21.9% cagr since 2013.  I'm one of those investors that started in 2008/09 (all mutual funds back then), so I haven't had to ride out a greater than 20% market drop.  we'll see what happens.

Rod

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
+66% due to an insane degree of concentration and a great year by my biggest holding Dream Unlimited (DRM-T)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:06:12 AM by Rod »