Author Topic: Amazon vs Walmart  (Read 2831 times)

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
Re: Amazon vs Walmart
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 08:06:37 PM »
I cancelled prime membership more than a year ago. There're very few items from my past Amazon purchases that I don't find on Walmart.com. I have not paid a penny in shipping cost at Walmart to date. Used to price compare and Walmart and Amazon are competitive on the stuff I buy.

I'm a regular at Walmart Online Grocery. Forget about price and convenience, the store associates who load the car are the epitome of customer service. They truly seek to delight. There's something about this personal touch in the world of online shopping that could mean something important down the road.

The cost avoidance by way of ZERO incremental transport of the product I purchased (For me, Walmart-DC-to-store, Store-to-my-car) is a winning strategy I believe for Walmart. This simply improves their cash cycle even more; they are simply building upon their old business model. I'm happy to be a little more responsible by way of planning my grocery pick up the day before. 

mbreject

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
Same. I don't have prime, so Walmart's free 2 day shipping really helps. I also feel like the products are in better shape, because Walmart doesn't have as many 3rd party sellers and they're stricter on returns.

But I have to admit, even without prime, my last 2 Amazon orders have all been delivered within 2 business days (whereas it used to be 10-14 days before.)

cherzeca

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
kindle, video fire, music, next day delivery...dont even need Alexa to make decision