Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 997464 times)

Spekulatius

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8220 on: November 22, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
Well it's a safety thing. Med staff is at risk cause they are exposed to it every day.

What Eric says has some logic from an efficiency perspective. But to use an imperfect analogy it would be like sending soldiers into battle without body armour because you'll bomb the enemy's bullet factories.

Medical staff infection are becoming more and more an issue. We will run out of medical workers before we run out of hospital capacity, hence the need to vaccinate medical workers as well as nursing home staff first.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:05:26 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Investor20

« Reply #8221 on: November 22, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »
https://www.c-span.org/video/?478159-1/senate-hearing-covid-19-outpatient-treatment&live
Senate Hearing on COVID-19 Outpatient Treatment
The problem described Dr. Peter Mcculough I think is real.  There is no early treatment protocol in US.
Unfortunately virus is not waiting and unless the person has good immune response, the virus is replicating.  To try to treat after the virus has replicated is not done for any infection says Dr. Peter Mcculough. And even if the doctors are succesfful in treating them in hospital, there is damage done by virus and we end up with long term symptoms.
Medicines like Remdesivir even if they work, they can be given only in hospital and there are only so many hospital beds.
And so much is about masks, with no clear study showing they work, while completely disregarding medicines for early treatment.
I think this is something to listen to.

:)

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapeutic-management/

The problem described by Dr. Mcculough is correct:

For Patients with COVID-19 Who Are Not Hospitalized or Who Are Hospitalized With Moderate Disease but Do Not Require Supplemental Oxygen
The Panel does not recommend any specific antiviral or immunomodulatory therapy for the treatment of COVID-19 in these patients. Patients are considered to have moderate disease if they have clinical or radiographic evidence of lower respiratory tract infection and a saturation of oxygen (SpO2) ≥94% on room air at sea level.

Gregmal

« Reply #8222 on: November 23, 2020, 06:28:28 AM »

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8223 on: November 23, 2020, 06:43:20 AM »
Well it's a safety thing. Med staff is at risk cause they are exposed to it every day.

What Eric says has some logic from an efficiency perspective. But to use an imperfect analogy it would be like sending soldiers into battle without body armour because you'll bomb the enemy's bullet factories.

I think a better analogy is giving soldiers R&R without a condom.

Frontline workers have proper PPE that protects them, and training.  They are catching it from each other when their guard is down (in the breakroom, for example).  This information is from my wife who is an HR manager at a large healthcare company (several hospitals and clinics with tens of thousands of employees).  They are doing stupid things like having potlucks in the breakroom.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:45:49 AM by ERICOPOLY »

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8224 on: November 23, 2020, 06:52:01 AM »
Wait... your wife?

You married a 2nd time?

You should know by now that divorce lawyers are worst than Covid....

Cardboard

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8225 on: November 23, 2020, 06:59:51 AM »
Yes, I remarried January 3rd, 2020.  Less than 3 months after my divorce was final.

Cigarbutt

« Reply #8226 on: November 23, 2020, 07:17:02 AM »
Frontline workers have proper PPE that protects them, and training.  They are catching it from each other when their guard is down (in the breakroom, for example).  This information is from my wife who is an HR manager at a large healthcare company (several hospitals and clinics with tens of thousands of employees).  They are doing stupid things like having potlucks in the breakroom.
This is interesting.
Vaccine capacity vs demand mismatch will eventually be resolved but there will be a period over a few months that will require some kind of stratification introduced in the distribution logistics.
Even if the protection aspect applies mostly, i would include, in the first line of distribution, frontline healthcare workers exposed in the following areas: emergency rooms, intensive care units, Covid-dedicated wards, nursing and chronic care homes, given that the virus spread is still rampant in many areas. Personnel retention in those areas has been a chronic problem and Covid-19 hasn't helped.
This AM, i read (and find ironic) that the HHS is aiming for a top-down and uniform strategy for distribution, implying that states and individuals should have limited input in the process. In periods of vaccine scarcity, the idea is to optimize overall societal functioning. Given how things have evolved so far and given the polarization, this will be interesting to watch and this does not even include the aspect of vaccine nationalism.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #8227 on: November 23, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »
Tips if you need to make surgical masks even more effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTg53aAP8Q

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com