Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 933314 times)

Mephistopheles

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8470 on: January 14, 2021, 11:31:36 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9148933/Cuomo-allows-indoor-dining-state-apart-NYC.html

Cuomo opens up indoor dining all over NY again, except NYC, even though NYC has the second lowest positive rate in the entire state. His reason is NYC is too densely populated. What a POS.

He destroyed a majority of restaurants and bars in NYC but the job isn't finished until he kills 100% of them.

LC

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

muscleman

« Reply #8472 on: January 15, 2021, 04:04:55 PM »
massive lockdowns in China. One guy just eat his pet because he wasn't allowed to go out to get food for four days.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

Pauly

« Reply #8473 on: January 15, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »
Four days? I don't think I'd eat my cat after four days, I like her too much.

Where did this anecdote come from?

massive lockdowns in China. One guy just eat his pet because he wasn't allowed to go out to get food for four days.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #8474 on: January 15, 2021, 11:10:30 PM »

It wasn't four days.
And the guy's name was Jack Ma.

::)
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
-----------------------

mattee2264

« Reply #8475 on: January 16, 2021, 02:24:06 AM »

Annoying thing about China is their official data makes it impossible to tell whether this is just an extreme pre-emptive measure to a handful of cases and it will be contained in a matter of weeks or whether despite their propoganda they are going to suffer the same third wave as everywhere else and face months of restrictions until vaccines kick in.

Investor20

« Reply #8476 on: January 16, 2021, 04:22:31 AM »

Spekulatius

« Reply #8477 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:25 AM »

It wasn't four days.

Cats taste like rabbits, I have heard. At least thatís what my grandpa told me, based on his culinarily experiences in WW2.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #8478 on: January 16, 2021, 10:45:59 AM »

It wasn't four days.

Cats taste like rabbits, I have heard. At least thatís what my grandpa told me, based on his culinarily experiences in WW2.

OT.

My step-grandpa was in Gulag and told that cats taste like crap. Dogs taste better.
I think that's mostly true. Carnivore meat is supposedly not tasty and that's one of the reasons it's not eaten.

Humans on the other hand...
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
-----------------------

Investor20

« Reply #8479 on: January 17, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »
NIH guidelines on prophylaxis for Covid:
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/overview/prevention-of-sars-cov-2/

The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends against the use of any agents for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), except in a clinical trial (AIII).

"Any agents":  Vaccines included? Do they mean that vaccines will only reduce severe symptoms but wont stop getting infected? See below.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-says-no-evidence-coronavirus-vaccine-prevent-transmissions-2020-12?op=1

"The World Health Organization's chief scientist, Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, has urged people to be cautious with their behavior even after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.

Swaminathan told a Monday briefing there was not yet enough evidence from vaccine trials "to be confident that it's going to prevent people from actually getting the infection and therefore being able to pass it on."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:29:55 AM by Investor20 »