Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 932203 times)

cubsfan

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2340 on: March 24, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
No , you all just LOVE to present false dichotomies in hopes of destroying the President - and you know it.

I mean, it's not like the real choice might be between another Great Depression and millions of financially ruined lives.

You guys give 2 shits about that - you want the President destroyed and you know it.

Easy choice coming from a bunch of people with great jobs - while others in real pain side with the President
on finding workable alternatives.

It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

Spekulatius

« Reply #2341 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:59 PM »

I am pretty sure if itís the choice is between his re-election and 500k dead, I know what he is going to pick. Telltale sign will be Fauci resigning.

Of course Trump will make that choice!  - he is the evil Donald Trump and is a mass murderer.
He should have been impeached long ago.

While the economy gets destroyed - you guys with good jobs could give 2 shits about Joe/Mary Sixpack that lost jobs and
live paycheck to paycheck. Like Trump, they are just greedy money grubbers! Screw 'em.

So, yeah - NO debate needed on Trump attempting to save the economy - you guys got it all figured out!

You guys are a joke!

I didnít state what choice he is going to pick, but you did.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

cubsfan

« Reply #2342 on: March 24, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
No worries Spek, we knew exactly what you meant.

oakwood42

« Reply #2343 on: March 24, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
I vacillate back and forth a lot on how long this will truly be a problem.  But, I just read this the other day:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nobel-prize-winner-shares-some-good-news-about-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-23

I sometimes wonder if this will all be over by the summer.
Spring/Summer 2021 would be my guess.

When you say this won't be over until Spring/Summer 2021, what do you define as over?

Spekulatius

« Reply #2344 on: March 24, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »
I vacillate back and forth a lot on how long this will truly be a problem.  But, I just read this the other day:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nobel-prize-winner-shares-some-good-news-about-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-23

I sometimes wonder if this will all be over by the summer.
Spring/Summer 2021 would be my guess.

When you say this won't be over until Spring/Summer 2021, what do you define as over?

Most of the population is vaccinated and there are no more significant flare ups of COVID-19.

james22

« Reply #2345 on: March 24, 2020, 02:58:04 PM »
It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

BRK, BAM, MKL l SV, EM l PLTR l Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac l Cash

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2346 on: March 24, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »
It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

Are you incurious as to why Trump kept saying this is a hoax and a conspiracy against his presidency long after he was briefed about the threat and it continued to spread?

Surely you understand there is some mental illness there.

The man literally believed this was a global conspiracy against his presidency.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:02:23 PM by ERICOPOLY »

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2347 on: March 24, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

This is politics.

LC

« Reply #2348 on: March 24, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »

Fair enough.

Just the Democrats? Both sides are at fault:

Now is not the time to try to establish a slush fund for your donors, as I believe Mitch McConnell has done or attempted to do. Now is also not the time to put in your own legislative pet projects, tenants of the Green New Deal, that you know will only likely stifle this,Ē Rep. Max Rose, a moderate New York Democrat, said of the House bill

Playas are gonna play, and shitty politicians are gonna be shitty politicians.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Spekulatius

« Reply #2349 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »

Fair enough.

A revised bill is expected. I mean címon - did anyone really suspect that some reps draft a bill basically overnight for a blank check worth a couple of trillions and everyone else just bursts out in joy and signs this? Itís going to get negotiated and a compromise is going to get signed.

TARP was similar and took a couple of weeks to get through. I think this one is going through quicker even though it is severely timed larger in size.