Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 452137 times)

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2350 on: March 24, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

This is politics.

LC

« Reply #2351 on: March 24, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »
It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

Just the Democrats? Both sides are at fault:

Now is not the time to try to establish a slush fund for your donors, as I believe Mitch McConnell has done or attempted to do. Now is also not the time to put in your own legislative pet projects, tenants of the Green New Deal, that you know will only likely stifle this,” Rep. Max Rose, a moderate New York Democrat, said of the House bill

Playas are gonna play, and shitty politicians are gonna be shitty politicians.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Spekulatius

« Reply #2352 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »

Fair enough.

A revised bill is expected. I mean c’mon - did anyone really suspect that some reps draft a bill basically overnight for a blank check worth a couple of trillions and everyone else just bursts out in joy and signs this? It’s going to get negotiated and a compromise is going to get signed.

TARP was similar and took a couple of weeks to get through. I think this one is going through quicker even though it is severely timed larger in size.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

james22

« Reply #2353 on: March 24, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »

Fair enough.

This is politics.

This isn't politics. This is a public health issue, and not a theoretical one. The person in charge is incompetent to deal with it. If you want to pretend this is politics, fine, but it isn't. I don't care she's right or left, blue or red, purple or orange. if she was acting rationally and competently in the face of the COVID19 threat, I'd applaud, but she's not, so I'm explaining why I think that is.
BRK, BAM l SV, EM l Energy l Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac l Stable Value, Cash Value of Pension

cubsfan

« Reply #2354 on: March 24, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »
It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

Are you incurious as to why Trump kept saying this is a hoax and a conspiracy against his presidency long after he was briefed about the threat and it continued to spread?

Surely you understand there is some mental illness there.

The man literally believed this was a global conspiracy against his presidency.

Eric - I am APPALLED at a bunch of very smart financial people (on this board) with very SAFE jobs, from the comfort of their own homes - are so GLEEFUL at the destruction of millions of jobs and the economy - so long as President Trump is destroyed.

While many of them make money.

I find it totally disgusting.

james22

« Reply #2355 on: March 24, 2020, 03:16:23 PM »

Fair enough.

Now is not the time to try to establish a slush fund for your donors, as I believe Mitch McConnell has done or attempted to do. Now is also not the time to put in your own legislative pet projects, tenants of the Green New Deal, that you know will only likely stifle this,” Rep. Max Rose, a moderate New York Democrat, said of the House bill

You name the pet projects McConnell has included in the bill and I'll name those Pelosi has, yeah?
BRK, BAM l SV, EM l Energy l Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac l Stable Value, Cash Value of Pension

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #2356 on: March 24, 2020, 03:20:18 PM »
“ Dr. Fauci now up and emphasizing again that anyone whose been in New York (last 14 days?) must self-isolate. Says "We understand that people want to get out of New York right now" but... they should self-isolate.”
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

LC

« Reply #2357 on: March 24, 2020, 03:20:54 PM »
You know I'm trying to extend the olive branch and concede Democrats are playing shitty politics as well.

If you want to point fingers as people are dying, you can stand there by your lonesome and point away to your heart's content.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2358 on: March 24, 2020, 03:24:15 PM »
It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

Are you incurious as to why Trump kept saying this is a hoax and a conspiracy against his presidency long after he was briefed about the threat and it continued to spread?

Surely you understand there is some mental illness there.

The man literally believed this was a global conspiracy against his presidency.

Eric - I am APPALLED at a bunch of very smart financial people (on this board) with very SAFE jobs, from the comfort of their own homes - are so GLEEFUL at the destruction of millions of jobs and the economy - so long as President Trump is destroyed.

While many of them make money.

I find it totally disgusting.

From where I'm standing it looks as though you simply misread the situation.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2359 on: March 24, 2020, 03:26:55 PM »

Fair enough.

You name the pet projects McConnell has included in the bill and I'll name those Pelosi has, yeah?

He already did that for you:

"Now is also not the time to put in your own legislative pet projects, tenants of the Green New Deal"