Coronavirus

spartansaver

What are you guys making of it?

I've been doing a fair amount of reading on it. Seems like it's spread quickly (took two months for SARS to spread to around 500 vs. already Unnamed Corona in less than a month) and can lie dormant for some time (patient in Chicago last visited Wuhan in late Dec. and is only now experiencing symptoms).

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Wuhan and I have lots of friends and relatives there. I could tell you this: If you trust the government's stats of 500 infections and 17 deaths, it is no different from buying Chinese stocks merely based on their financial reports. All fake numbers.

The actual number is likely in the 100k range.

Right now even the doctors ran out of masks and gloves and are working unprotected. I don't know how much longer they can last before they are down.

I have 3 relatives infected. One staying at home, and two who spent 6 days going to each hospital to try to get hospitalized. They were all told one thing: We don't have resources for you. Go home. They finally got hospitalized yesterday. Think about it. That's after they are diagnosed positive. They are walking on the streets for 6 days while spreading the virus everywhere, with no hospital taking them in.

There are thousands and thousands of such patients.

There are also dead bodies everywhere in all hospitals. They are dead on the floor and for hours, no one comes to pick the bodies up. When they do get picked up, they are immediately sent to the funeral to be burned, without any diagnose of whether they got infected by this virus or else. Therefore the 17 death is just a joke.

I am from Wuhan and I have lots of friends and relatives there. I could tell you this: If you trust the government's stats of 500 infections and 17 deaths, it is no different from buying Chinese stocks merely based on their financial reports. All fake numbers.

Right now even the doctors ran out of masks and gloves and are working unprotected. I don't know how much longer they can last before they are down.

I have 3 relatives infected. One staying at home, and two who spent 6 days going to each hospital to try to get hospitalized. They were all told one thing: We don't have resources for you. Go home. They finally got hospitalized yesterday. Think about it. That's after they are diagnosed positive. They are walking on the streets for 6 days while spreading the virus everywhere, with no hospital taking them in.

There are also dead bodies everywhere in all hospitals. They are dead on the floor and for hours, no one comes to pick the bodies up. When they do get picked up, they are immediately sent to the funeral to be burned, without any diagnose of whether they got infected by this virus or else. Therefore the 17 death is just a joke.

Everything will be “ok” as long as it doesn’t spread to Beijing. Chinese New Year Celebrations continue.

Lol what? How were they diagnosed BEFORE being hospitalized?

Why not? They come to the hospital, wait for 5 hours while infecting all other patients waiting in line (and being infected as well). Then they met the doctor, who asked the nurse to do a series of lab testing for them. Then results show positive. And doctor says sorry we don't have any beds for you today. Go home and try to come here again tomorrow to see if we have any empty beds.

Why not? They come to the hospital, wait for 5 hours while infecting all other patients waiting in line (and being infected as well). Then they met the doctor, who asked the nurse to do a series of lab testing for them. Then results show positive. And doctor says sorry we don't have any beds for you today. Go home and try to come here again tomorrow to see if we have any empty beds.

Wow that’s crazy, hope they end up alright

I have read that many patients who went to the hospital and asked to be tested and were denied the test. It’s an expensive test and the doctor says they need get special approvals. A lot of people who got turned away from the hospital and stayed at home were not counted in the official stats.

Thanks for sharing that firsthand information. I hope everyone in your family ends up alright. What makes you think that’s the number has already hit 100k?

There are videos online that people walking on the street just fainted and fell.

There was one video of the Wuhan hospital with bodies just lying around. Between Hong Kong and now this China has a lot of issues. All we need is for it to hit EU where nobody has any money....

Not going to lie....I didn’t think this would pan out into anything.

Your story sounds like a whole load of BS. There is absolutely no way the hospital is letting an infected victim just go home. They’ll house them in tents if there aren’t any beds and keep them quarantined.

Your story sounds like a whole load of BS. There is absolutely no way the hospital is letting an infected victim just go home. They’ll house them in tents if there aren’t any beds and keep them quarantined.

Are you from China?

Are you from China?

Have relatives. If China is capable of completely shutting down 15 cities, enclosing off-boarding passengers suspected of being infected in boxes, and building a 1000-bed hospital in six days you think they’d test someone, find out they’ve been inflicted and just say “you should go home and come back another day when there’s space”?

Guest oakwood42

Are you from China?

Have relatives. If China is capable of completely shutting down 15 cities, enclosing off-boarding passengers suspected of being infected in boxes, and building a 1000-bed hospital in six days you think they’d test someone, find out they’ve been inflicted and just say “you should go home and come back another day when there’s space”?

That's a good point.  When you build a hospital in response to 500 reported cases in says something more is going on there.  Honestly, I was trying not to read or watch any news around this however it seems like it is becoming unavoidable.

Are you from China?

Have you seen the videos of the hospitals? They are overrun. They probably don’t have enough tests and telling people to go home and stay inside is a decent way to contain something. Basically house arrest.

Are you from China?

Have you seen the videos of the hospitals? They are overrun. They probably don’t have enough tests and telling people to go home and stay inside is a decent way to contain something. Basically house arrest.

They’re full of people full of panic. Wuhan has 11 million people, just imagine what would happen once you quarantine the city and everyone’s scared shitless. Of course they’d rush to the hospital whether they have symptoms or not.

Are you from China?

They’re full of people full of panic. Wuhan has 11 million people, just imagine what would happen once you quarantine the city and everyone’s scared shitless. Of course they’d rush to the hospital whether they have symptoms or not.

I mean that’s basically my point. Who knows how many are infected. But if it spreads as easy as it sounds like. Then 11mil people heading to the hospital doesn’t make it see outrageous for the number to be much much higher.

Time will tell though. No use jumping to conclusions.

Are you from China?

I don't know anyone in China. I would assume their hospital system isn't as efficient as ours. I know that in some cases doctors don't know what's going on or get overworked/stressed out. So I don't find it all that unthinkable.

I have read that many patients who went to the hospital and asked to be tested and were denied the test. It’s an expensive test and the doctor says they need get special approvals. A lot of people who got turned away from the hospital and stayed at home were not counted in the official stats.

The research scientists did a great job coming up with a PCR testing kit that can accurately identify the virus RNA sequence. It is not expensive, but the kits are not available in a lot of hospitals. My two relatively got tested by the kit so they know they are positive. Most people couldn't get one even until they die.

The government officials screwed up everything. They lied to public and tried to tell everyone that this is no big deal. Even on Jan 19th, they tried to lie to public and show everything is fine by organizing a 40k people potluck. How stupid.

It seemed very alarming that they shut down so many cities so quickly. It’s up to like 30 million people “quarantined” in their cities. China doesn’t mess around, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s much bigger than the government is saying. You don’t just shut down 30 million people for no reason.

Thanks for sharing that firsthand information. I hope everyone in your family ends up alright. What makes you think that’s the number has already hit 100k?

Each hospital's waiting time is at least 5 hours. A couple thousand angry patients waiting in line. Multiple that by the number of hospitals and multiple 3 (arbitrary number in my mind) for people who got infected but haven't shown any symptoms yet. Keep in mind that there is a 14 day quiet period after infection where no symptom is shown.

Your comment is like adding salt to the wound. You have no respect and no sympathy for my relatives and for people who got infected.

You don't have to believe anything I said. Just go there and look at it yourself.