Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 604456 times)

Castanza

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7050 on: August 01, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »
Why are strip clubs even open at this point with infection rates that high?

So strip clubs are open and schools are closed?

Interesting priorities, if true.

Everyone in a strip club is probably already running a low grade fever anyways 😂
Core: BRK | MSFT | GOOG | RTX | MSGS | TPL | WFC | USB | PNC | BAC | VZ | INTC | PCYO | PLNT | ESPO | HACK

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #7052 on: August 02, 2020, 05:02:46 AM »
The *entire* European Union — population 446 million — is still averaging fewer cases per day than Florida alone.

The *entire* European Union — population 446 million — has a 7-day average daily COVID death toll of *59.*

For the most recent 7 days, USA has about 12X the EUs new cases and 24X the EUs death toll on a per capita basis.

It's literally a different order of magnitude.

https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1289759738649968641

Cigarbutt

« Reply #7053 on: August 02, 2020, 06:07:40 AM »
"It's literally a different order of magnitude."
It looks like it's possible to release a preliminary form of 'report card" for the first semester.
When reviewing a report card, one has to consider attenuating circumstances: natural endowment "I don't have an exceptional talent like my sister", circumstantial evidence "I was sick or was involved in school extra-curricular activities", pointing finger argument "My teachers are dumb", irresponsible comments "The marks paint me in an unfavorable light and are wrong", the irrelevance sensation "School sucks and I'll make it on my own anyways, a deterministic posture "There's nothing I can do about it" or as a priority value system "I work more hours to benefit my bank account, portfolio etc so I have little time to study".

Looking at Arizona as a slightly biased example at this point, CV-related mortality looks like it will make it to the number three cause of deaths for the year (note: the flu deaths are reported this year at a slightly higher rate than normal and it is possible that some of those deaths may end up reclassified as CV-deaths when all is said and done). CV-related deaths will also be a significant multiple of flu deaths. Everything is relative and people can become habituated to mediocrity so a way to reframe this in a positive light is to realize that overdose deaths will lose one of the top deadly positions because of the new killer.
https://azbigmedia.com/business/covid-19-cases-in-arizona-surpass-95000-in-july-55-of-total/

In the end, a report card is what it is and it can be considered as a potential opportunity to improve if you care.

John Hjorth

« Reply #7054 on: August 02, 2020, 06:45:46 AM »
Everyone in a strip club is probably already running a low grade fever anyways 😂

Castanza,

You are a naughty boy! [ ; - D ][Actually, you remind me a bit about myself ...]
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

muscleman

« Reply #7055 on: August 02, 2020, 07:59:51 AM »
This chart below probably reflects what Dalal.Holdings and other bearish investors are feeling.
It makes wonder how AAII determines which investors to survey to sample for the data. Clearly Dave Portnoy is not included because he said "Stocks only go up"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:01:37 AM by muscleman »
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #7056 on: August 02, 2020, 08:11:04 AM »
This chart below probably reflects what Dalal.Holdings and other bearish investors are feeling.
It makes wonder how AAII determines which investors to survey to sample for the data. Clearly Dave Portnoy is not included because he said "Stocks only go up"

I thought you said let's keep the discussion in here about covid, yet you keep bringing up "the market"? Anyway, hate to break it to you but since you said there is going to be "a crash" with "high confidence" in the next 6 mo, you would fall right in the bearish camp...  :-X

These graphs reflect what Dalal.Holdings is feeling (avg over 1,000 Americans dead per day and going in the wrong direction...):

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:13:46 AM by Dalal.Holdings »
For analytical eyes only
https://twitter.com/LumeGroup

Spekulatius

« Reply #7057 on: August 02, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »

AAII probably surveys their own members and those have very little overlap with the crowd from Sherwood Forest.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

muscleman

« Reply #7058 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »

I thought you said let's keep the discussion in here about covid, yet you keep bringing up "the market"? Anyway, hate to break it to you but since you said there is going to be "a crash" with "high confidence" in the next 6 mo, you would fall right in the bearish camp...  :-X

These graphs reflect what Dalal.Holdings is feeling (avg over 1,000 Americans dead per day and going in the wrong direction...):

errr...... You caught me......  ;D
I was reading the AAII chart this morning and your name jumped out right away and I felt I had no other threads to post it so I put it here.
I think a crash in 6 months is a possibility but the market looks bullish right now and I have to re-examine everything in 4-6 months to determine if the crash is still coming. Long term inflection points are hard to time.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

Investor20

« Reply #7059 on: August 03, 2020, 04:42:49 AM »
Commentary. Eliminating Vitamin D Deficiency During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Call to Action
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7377789/

In addition, a growing number of studies of patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection find that 25(OH)D levels correlate inversely with illness severity.

For example, among 212 COVID-19 patients at three South Asian hospitals, the risk of severe as opposed to mild illness was approximately eight times higher in those who were vitamin D deficient than in those who were vitamin D sufficient.

Among 780 COVID-19 patients in Indonesia, 25(OH)D levels below 20 ng/mL, as compared with levels of 30 ng/mL or greater, were predictive of a 10-fold increase in mortality risk after controlling for age, sex, and comorbidity status.