Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 685154 times)

LC

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7150 on: August 10, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
In fact, FL, GA, AZ, and TX have less deaths combined, than just NY.

Not in the past few weeks!

Otherwise, you'll get no argument from me about how bad New Jersey is. In fact as a New Yorker, I'd be happy to contribute a few lines if you'd like...shall we start with the smell?  ;D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Gregmal

« Reply #7151 on: August 10, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »
In fact, FL, GA, AZ, and TX have less deaths combined, than just NY.

Not in the past few weeks!

Otherwise, you'll get no argument from me about how bad New Jersey is. In fact as a New Yorker, I'd be happy to contribute a few lines if you'd like...shall we start with the smell?  ;D

Sure, not in the past few weeks. As has been said, they "ate their vegetables"... assuming you consider remdesivir a vegetable. Record vegetables eaten in March/April. 8-10% death rates...hardly the model. And now those that didnt die, are at the mercy of "I'll let you know when you can get on with your lives, but not anytime soon"....from Murphy and Cuomo...

Spekulatius

« Reply #7152 on: August 10, 2020, 03:35:52 PM »
Well, when we excuse protests because "theyre protesting", this is the other side...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-claims-members-golf-005822741.html

These people are hardly protesters, but theyre also not using BLM as an excuse to have this decades Woodstock moment...nevertheless, you make excuses for when/where the rules should be followed, you get blatant cases like this, where people just say "fuck you, I get to do it to"...

They may ust get it to themselves first, like Herman Cain did for the cause. These golf club members skew older, unlike the protesters.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 06:14:45 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Castanza

« Reply #7153 on: August 10, 2020, 04:00:25 PM »
I talked with my brother in-law today. He lives in Ontario and said that they haven’t been required to wear a mask up until just two weeks ago.
Core: MSFT | GOOG | | VZ | INTC | RTX | MSGS | BATRK | TPL | USB | PNC | BAC | PCYO | PPL | GRBK | PLNT | ESPO | HACK

rb

« Reply #7154 on: August 10, 2020, 04:49:17 PM »
I talked with my brother in-law today. He lives in Ontario and said that they haven’t been required to wear a mask up until just two weeks ago.
Bullshit! You pretty much have to wear a mask anywhere you go in Ontario for a long time.

Cigarbutt

« Reply #7155 on: August 10, 2020, 05:05:52 PM »
Bullshit! You pretty much have to wear a mask anywhere you go in Ontario for a long time.
@Castanza
The issue of masks (or muzzle, depending on perspective) is not as divisive on this side of the border but you seem to know how to stir the pot.
If interested, the Globe and Mail recently had a nice summary on the State of the Nation on masks, with international comparisons.
The Globe and Mail is subscription-based but free registration will easily take you to this COVID-related article as it seems the paper feels it's in the general public interest.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-masks-to-combat-covid-19-which-countries-are-embracing-requiring-or/#comments

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #7156 on: August 10, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »
It's like living inside The Onion:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/trump-urges-americans-to-stop-politicizing-the-coronavirus-blames-china.html

"Trump urges Americans to stop politicizing the coronavirus, blames China"

???

"“We must stop politicizing the virus, but instead must be united in our condemnation of how this virus came to America, how this virus came to the world,” Trump said during a White House press briefing on the coronavirus pandemic. “And we’re going to figure it out and we’re going to find out and we’re very angry about it. The virus came from China. It’s China’s fault."

muscleman

« Reply #7157 on: August 10, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »
Still waiting on all the hospitals going over capacity in Georgia, Arizona, Florida, and Texas as well. Two more weeks I guess?

How right you are!

10,000 or so (I just eyeballed it) people died from COVID in Az & Tx over the past few weeks.

Morgue capacity is probably more necessary at this point.

Indeed. Worse than NY for all them dumb red states didnt exactly play out. In fact, FL, GA, AZ, and TX have less deaths combined, than just NY. The relevant question right now for NY/NJ and those states....if you won't allow businesses to open in counties seeing less than 100 cases PER WEEK, well, when will they be able to open? And if you are forcing them shut(yea imagine that? A filthy rich Goldman banker putting mom and pop shops out of biz in order to bolster his political ambitions?) why do you continue to charge them property taxes? And at the "corporate rate" at that? Disgusting.

It is pretty obvious at this moment what's going on with these blue states. They wanted to choke the economy as badly as possible so these businesses go bankrupt and then they can blame Trump for the poor management of the virus.

Back in May, it was these blue states that had more violent protests than anyone, as if the virus does not exist. Then the 2nd wave came and it is all Trump's fault.
Oh, by the way, the 2nd wave is all caused by Trump's stupid decision to reopen business, with people wearing masks, and 6 ft social distancing, it must have caused more spread than the protests where people had no masks and no social distancing.

People are blaming FL, TX, GA for being stupid to reopen and now having a lot of cases. I think there is a high probability that in 20 days they'll see dramatic drop in cases even with GA's school reopening because herd immunity has been achieved. Then residents in NJ and NY will be pissed that they still cannot reopen.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

gary17

« Reply #7158 on: August 10, 2020, 06:19:51 PM »
all the stuff i read suggest herd immunity is long ways off.  even in new york now.  heard immunity needs 60% plus infected.   

Castanza

« Reply #7159 on: August 10, 2020, 06:57:50 PM »

I was a Skeptical too. But they do live in a small town so maybe the guidelines there are different. At the very least I figured Toronto and big cities would have mandates.
Core: MSFT | GOOG | | VZ | INTC | RTX | MSGS | BATRK | TPL | USB | PNC | BAC | PCYO | PPL | GRBK | PLNT | ESPO | HACK