Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies  (Read 323747 times)

TwoCitiesCapital

Re: Cryptocurrencies
« Reply #1250 on: February 21, 2021, 12:00:32 AM »
Musk says BTC price seems high, less than two weeks after buying $1.5B worth?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/20/elon-musk-says-bitcoin-seems-high-after-surpassing-1-trillion-market-cap.html

Didnít Elon Musk say Tesla price was too high at one point too?

Yes. Back in like May 2020 when the price was like 1/5 of what it is today. BTC to the 🌕🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

ValueArb

« Reply #1252 on: February 21, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
How much do you own?  ;)

He's a billionaire, clearly.

ďMost of my coinsĒ

Implying at least three. If so congrats rk

Yes more than three, but much less than a billion dollars worth.  I was buying at $200-$500 and not buying more than I did is by far the biggest mistake of my life.

At least you did buy some. I saw it when it was around $10 but didnít buy any because new kid, death in the family etc. It was a crazy time. I almost bought $5k worth at that time but didnít. I probably wouldnít have held to $50k per Bitcoin anyways.

Thats why you shouldn't sweat missed trades like this. I kick myself for not buying at $250, but I'm almost certain I would have sold at $1,000. So I missed a nice trade, not a life changing money (as if money can ever change life).
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1253 on: February 21, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »
For those still seeking a 'modern day' explanation of de-fi, might I highly recommend  Hamilton vs Satoshi  ;D
Change isn't coming anymore, it's here !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMJi1_1tkA&feature=emb_logo

SD

widenthemoat

« Reply #1254 on: February 21, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »
For those still seeking a 'modern day' explanation of de-fi, might I highly recommend  Hamilton vs Satoshi  ;D

SD

This was pretty good ;D Gave me a good laugh and was actually quite catchy. Does anyone else find it ironic that during a period of intense government control and essentially total compliance by the population, that an "asset" which is reliant on stripping the government of power is the investment of choice?

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1255 on: February 21, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »

SD

This was pretty good ;D Gave me a good laugh and was actually quite catchy. Does anyone else find it ironic that during a period of intense government control and essentially total compliance by the population, that an "asset" which is reliant on stripping the government of power is the investment of choice?

Until now we've all had to accept the abuses inherent with fiat currency, and all we could do was swap one fiat for another - the meet the new boss; same as the old boss. Now there's a real choice, and at all times - the fiat currency is always the safety net.

The alternative to BTC is a global digital RESERVE currency - & elimination of USD reserve currency status. Today, central banks either get their collective sh1te together - and offer it (soon), or BTC becomes the RESERVE currency of choice. But it couldn't happen, had BTC not been invented by anarchists.

All good.

SD

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:08:56 AM by SharperDingaan »

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1256 on: February 22, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »
At least you did buy some. I saw it when it was around $10 but didnít buy any because new kid, death in the family etc. It was a crazy time. I almost bought $5k worth at that time but didnít. I probably wouldnít have held to $50k per Bitcoin anyways.

Yes, I had a similar situation.  As I wrote (here) I looked at it at some point 2011 and almost bought it, but I couldn't get over wiring money to mtgox, it just seemed so sketchy.  I changed jobs that year, moved, sold a house, bought another house in a different state, and didn't think about bitcoin again until it went to over $1000 and was in the news in 2013.   When it crashed back down to $200 I made sure to buy some, but not as much as I should have.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:35:58 AM by rkbabang »

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #1257 on: February 22, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
Every Tom, Dick and Harry is asking me about crypto now...GME and TSLA don't seem interesting to them anymore.  Every time the subject comes up, I smirk reflexively out of disgust, and I keep hoping I didn't offend the person asking the question.  I also don't want to engage them, so I just say "Yeessss...."

I remember the last time this happened 2-3 years ago in these numbers, Bitcoin fell from $28K to $6K.  I'm expecting something similar again, as I don't think we are in a new era!  Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:40:19 PM by Parsad »
No man is a failure who has friends!

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1258 on: February 22, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
I remember the last time this happened 2-3 years ago in these numbers, Bitcoin fell from $28K to $6K.  I'm expecting something similar again, as I don't think we are in a new era!  Cheers!

I'd love the opportunity to buy at $6K again.  Don't get my hopes up like that.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #1259 on: February 22, 2021, 07:48:44 PM »

SD

Until now we've all had to accept the abuses inherent with fiat currency, and all we could do was swap one fiat for another - the meet the new boss; same as the old boss. Now there's a real choice, and at all times - the fiat currency is always the safety net.

The alternative to BTC is a global digital RESERVE currency - & elimination of USD reserve currency status. Today, central banks either get their collective sh1te together - and offer it (soon), or BTC becomes the RESERVE currency of choice. But it couldn't happen, had BTC not been invented by anarchists.

All good.

SD

I still don't understand the fundamental functionality behind current cryptocurrencies including BTC.  With fiat currency, you have tax revenues and public assets that support the currency.  With gold/silver/etc you have actual utility value that increases with inflation over time.  There is nothing supporting bitcoin except the increase in universality...but at one time tulips were just as universal as currency.  This is going to end the same way...probably when well-endowed companies, sovereign funds, nation states create their own digital/crypto currency.  Cheers!   
No man is a failure who has friends!