Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin is a safe store of value?  (Read 150002 times)

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
Re: Do you think Bitcoin is a safe store of value?
« Reply #590 on: January 02, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »
Came across a truly original way of doing this ....
1) Buy yourself a number of Bitcoin rigs, and a freezer chest. Drill a hole through the chest for the wiring. Seal the gaps with foam insulation. Rigs are faster and more efficient when they are cold, and freezer chests are explicitly designed to remove heat. 2) Install sufficient solar on your roof, and/or a windmill on the homestead. Power up a flywheel/battery storage rig. Draw down on the storage rig to power the Bitcoin rigs and freezer. For the truly gifted .. relocate the freezer compressor in your fresh air intake - as a heat exchange. 3) Claim the carbon credits on your 'green' electricity generation, certify via a block chain, and sell on an exchange. 4) Windy days welcome - they just crank up the RPM on the fly wheel.

The electricity is free, you're paid in carbon credits and bitcoin, and your only costs are depreciation and interest carry.
Repeat until rich!

SD

sjh

« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2018, 07:33:48 AM »
I came across the following article / paper. I think it's one of most thoughtful things written about Crypto. To sum it up: hold BTC and sell all other crypto assets.

https://medium.com/john-pfeffer/an-institutional-investors-take-on-cryptoassets-690421158904

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/john-pfeffer/An+Investor%27s+Take+on+Cryptoassets+v6.pdf

LC

« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »
Better to set up some liquid cooling system, SD. The truly enlightened will harvest the heat from the radiator for some use.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

roughlyright

« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
Today I found out in the Murray Stahl's conference call that they are involved in bitcoin mining and made a huge investment in crypto-mining. I found this really interesting that even Fidelity was mining bitcoin since 2015!

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #594 on: October 18, 2018, 07:37:14 AM »
Today I found out in the Murray Stahl's conference call that they are involved in bitcoin mining and made a huge investment in crypto-mining. I found this really interesting that even Fidelity was mining bitcoin since 2015!

Yes that was big news at the time.   This is the latest with Fidelity:

Fidelity Launches Institutional Platform For Bitcoin And Ethereum
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/10/15/fidelity-launches-institutional-platform-for-bitcoin-and-ethereum/#66982bb493c4

Now that we've had our bubble and our crash and the media hype machine has moved on to other things.  Just like the internet after 2000, crypto/blockchain will slowly just become a part of how a growing number of things are done.