Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 3640272 times)

DRValue

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #12820 on: June 28, 2019, 12:29:06 PM »
Because of my confirmation bias, I sometimes like what Charlie says.

This is one of those times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1144654216574709762

JP Morgan..... Isn't this the tbtf bank that tries to kill FnF?

Keep in mind that this is the exact reverse of what happened two months ago.
Back then, Gaspirino was bashing and stock was moving up. Now Gaspirino is pumping and stock is sliding down.

With that said, I actually agree with all the analysis you guys did, so I still personally believe the story will work out.

All we had to do with this is separate the facts that are reported and exclude the opinions of those with an axe to grind. Charlie doesn't matter, only the circumstance he reports.

But net positive I'd say.

As to why they met, could be a road show or moelis working with a book runner or scoping investor appetite. Any number of things.
[E]xpedience does not license omnipotence.

Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

Wiggins

« Reply #12821 on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »
in addition to Moelis also "top stock and bond holders"

Wow, who is that? Anyone here go?

Luke 5:32

"I wait for You and my soul finds rest. In my selfishness, You show me grace..." My Hope Is In You by Aaron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugD0i5Y3cw8

cherzeca

« Reply #12823 on: June 28, 2019, 01:41:50 PM »
"JP Morgan..... Isn't this the tbtf bank that tries to kill FnF?"

I suppose that this meeting was with the investment banking folks at JPM, not there commercial lending folks...as in capital raise/stucturing...

cherzeca

« Reply #12824 on: June 28, 2019, 01:42:36 PM »
in addition to Moelis also "top stock and bond holders"

Wow, who is that? Anyone here go?

I'm peeved I was not invited

muscleman

« Reply #12825 on: June 28, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »
"JP Morgan..... Isn't this the tbtf bank that tries to kill FnF?"

I suppose that this meeting was with the investment banking folks at JPM, not there commercial lending folks...as in capital raise/stucturing...

These guys help each other out though. The great wall between these departments is just fake.
Iíd rather trust more if they are talking to Goldman for this IPO, but it is also possible that they need all banks to work together for such a huge raise.

I have a feeling that today maybe the low of this prolonged slide, but I donít trade on feelings.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

cherzeca

« Reply #12826 on: June 28, 2019, 02:12:47 PM »
@MM

nope.  these underwriting fees will make the investment bankers' decade. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:28:56 PM by cherzeca »

orthopa

« Reply #12827 on: June 28, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
I think the more important read through here is how granular the WH plan will be that is released and how fast things move. I think bringing in investment banks to discuss about an IPO is pretty telling about both. If things were going to take a while/drag and we were going to be playing more guessing games WH could easily put out a generic framework and leave us hanging once again. Talking with investment banks before the plan is out IMO says the plan will include "mile markers" for recapitalization as well as probably more specifics then we think about how much and when the captial raise will all happen.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:30:35 PM by orthopa »

orthopa

« Reply #12828 on: June 28, 2019, 03:22:08 PM »
...and Moelis is essentially Paulson. Paulson is close to getting his payback for supporting Trump early before the election.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/john-paulson-trump-favor-to-ask

This and Mnuchin has been why this will happen since the day after the election.

cherzeca

« Reply #12829 on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:56 PM »
I think the more important read through here is how granular the WH plan will be that is released and how fast things move. I think bringing in investment banks to discuss about an IPO is pretty telling about both. If things were going to take a while/drag and we were going to be playing more guessing games WH could easily put out a generic framework and leave us hanging once again. Talking with investment banks before the plan is out IMO says the plan will include "mile markers" for recapitalization as well as probably more specifics then we think about how much and when the captial raise will all happen.

agreed.  I cant imagine JPM would hold this kind of meeting unless it has gotten a mandate, guessing from treasury.