Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 4272590 times)

investorG

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #13850 on: September 23, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »
I bought back my positions plus more. I think the TA is finally ready.
I am being aggressive here for a 20% position because I've accumulated good profits on this stock since the start of the year, so I earned the right to be aggressive. (I use Soros and Stan Druckenmiller's approach for both analysis and risk control, not Buffet's approach)

muscleman, good luck.  we'll likely need it against the media, big bank team, selected politicians, and unexpected events -- it's rarely comfortable in this pool.

cherzeca

« Reply #13851 on: September 23, 2019, 07:41:21 AM »
I am being aggressive here for a 20% position because I've accumulated good profits on this stock since the start of the year, so I earned the right to be aggressive. (I use Soros and Stan Druckenmiller's approach for both analysis and risk control, not Buffet's approach)

now you have me worried...

muscleman

« Reply #13852 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »

now you have me worried...

On which part?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:53:01 PM by muscleman »
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

muscleman

« Reply #13853 on: September 23, 2019, 08:49:43 AM »

muscleman, good luck.  we'll likely need it against the media, big bank team, selected politicians, and unexpected events -- it's rarely comfortable in this pool.

When everyone is comfortable, it is usually the top. 2018 January is a great example. My friend in Canada told me he tried to open an account in TD AM and was told to wait 3 months in line because too many retail investors were lined up to open accounts
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

james22

« Reply #13854 on: September 23, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »
Meanwhile, Mr. Calabria said, taxpayers would receive additional shares in the companies—the equivalent of new stakes in a firm preparing to launch an initial public offering—in exchange for allowing the companies to retain earnings now.

Sigh.
BRK, BAM l SV, EM l Energy l Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac l Stable Value, Cash Value of Pension

emily

« Reply #13855 on: September 23, 2019, 08:03:58 PM »
“The challenge to raising billions isn’t much but unnecessary. Practical route would be to make 36.4 billion as combined capital ratio needed as per official Stress tests and as validated by former CEO Layton. This recap and release can easily be fulfilled through retained earnings once NWS stops and 25 billion that government owes to the company resulting into an instant recap”

https://www.fhfa.gov/AboutUs/Reports/ReportDocuments/2019_DFAST_Severely-Adverse-Scenario.pdf

https://www.jchs.harvard.edu/blog/the-2018-gse-stress-test-results-a-major-policy-success-and-its-implications-for-the-proposed-capital-rule/

investorG

« Reply #13856 on: September 25, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »
for what appears to be a simple exercise, they are taking their time, making us sweat.  or punting again.

Midas79

« Reply #13857 on: September 25, 2019, 10:39:40 AM »
for what appears to be a simple exercise, they are taking their time, making us sweat.  or punting again.

No kidding. The letter agreement in December 2017 came out on the 21st, and all indications are that this is just a copy of that with bigger numbers.

Maybe there's something more to it, but rushing negotiations on a 4th amendment is not necessary; the 30th of this month is not a hard deadline for that while it is for the letter agreement.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13858 on: September 26, 2019, 07:17:55 AM »
What is the impeachment inquiry impact on this?

I would think that money grabbers such as Warren would want to nationalize and confiscate such things. They will just amend the Constitution while brainwashing people that it is in their own interest.

Even if Trump makes it through and gets re-elected, shouldn't we expect a delay or this being put on back burner?

If have a small position in FNMAH.

cherzeca

« Reply #13859 on: September 26, 2019, 07:54:42 AM »
What is the impeachment inquiry impact on this?

I would think that money grabbers such as Warren would want to nationalize and confiscate such things. They will just amend the Constitution while brainwashing people that it is in their own interest.

Even if Trump makes it through and gets re-elected, shouldn't we expect a delay or this being put on back burner?

If have a small position in FNMAH.

I suppose that if trump is expected to be impeached by house but has not yet been exonerated by senate, one might think that the likelihood of a public market capital raise is less likely.  I dont see it personally, but it is not unreasonable to think so. my view is that once the admin starts down the path, with the first step being the letter agt. that should be soon, there is a momentum build up that gets increasingly hard to reverse, and the most important step will be the fhfa/treasury negotiation to kill the senior pref before the public offering.  once that happens I dont see any reversal as that would be just another NWS type event that would occasion massive claims.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:53:26 PM by cherzeca »