Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 4295466 times)

Luke 5:32

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #14550 on: January 13, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »
Justices issue more orders, but no action on high-profile cases
https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/01/justices-issue-more-orders-but-no-action-on-high-profile-cases/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

ACG response, for what it's worth...
https://twitter.com/ACGAnalytics/status/1216895670856175617?s=19
Yes, but the 5th Circuit will now be remanded to the District Court in Texas.  This is not good for the government.

And Pagliara's response to ACG...
https://twitter.com/timpagliara/status/1217092919817113604?s=19
Absolutely Correct. Watch for the announcement @_InvestorsUnite @timpagliara  for the time of our conference call with lead attorney David Thompson on January 24th. He will explain the ruling and the strategy going forward.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:40:45 AM by Luke 5:32 »
"You are life, You are life, in You death has lost its sting.  I'm running to Your arms, I'm running to Your arms.  The riches of Your love will always be enough, nothing compares to Your embrace.  Light of the world, forever reign." Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADuWzd7x25c

emily

« Reply #14551 on: January 13, 2020, 06:33:41 PM »
“Cert will happen as I have said before. It will be the greatest gift as justice will be served after long 11 years and their decision will be set in stone leaving no room for politics”

investorG

« Reply #14552 on: January 20, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »
The last arguments for this SC term appear to be the end of April. 

So while in limbo I'd guess we'd have between now and say the end of February for our case to be taken with results possibly released in this term by Jul-1, as the govt requested. 

Moving into March and after, if the SC takes the case we're likely looking at a December 2020 - June 2021 ruling.

cherzeca

« Reply #14553 on: January 21, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »

Luke 5:32

« Reply #14554 on: January 24, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »
Notes from today's call...

David Thompson: "Bottom line is that government is in massive litigation pressure."

Lamberth is full steam ahead.

The indication is that both issues before SCOTUS are "being held."  This means they are waiting for resolution in the Seila Law vs CFPB case.  If they were going to deny, they would have already.  If they were going to hear the case, they would have already.  The Seila Law vs CFPB case is being heard March 3rd and decided last week of June.  Then SCOTUS will decide on our case.  This "being held" is not bad for plaintiffs.

Tim Pagliara asked David Thompson about settlement... he can't comment on any previous discussions or possible future discussions but said there is massive incentive for government to settle (don't have to pay $125B in cash, NWS not invalidated and dictated by courts so it would be completely out of gov't hands how that is done, etc.).  He said none of the cases will be resolved in gov't favor prior to the election, so unless they want to roll the dice on him being re-elected, they need to settle prior to then.
"You are life, You are life, in You death has lost its sting.  I'm running to Your arms, I'm running to Your arms.  The riches of Your love will always be enough, nothing compares to Your embrace.  Light of the world, forever reign." Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADuWzd7x25c

Midas79

« Reply #14555 on: January 24, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »
What's the next step for Judge Atlas in the Collins case? Issuing summary judgment, or are there other steps before that?

cherzeca

« Reply #14556 on: January 24, 2020, 01:45:02 PM »
Following up on Midas did David discuss taking advantage of the mandate having been issued to judge atlas before DOJ filed cert petition on APA claim to go to trial or summary judgment during the next 6 months while the cert petitions are on hold?  Couldn’t make CC

allnatural

« Reply #14557 on: January 24, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »
I believe he said APA case is proceeding via Judge Atlas and is NOT pending SCOTUS. They are in discussions to move forward. Expects summary judgement later this year after they set the administrative record straight.

cherzeca

« Reply #14558 on: January 24, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
I believe he said APA case is proceeding via Judge Atlas and is NOT pending SCOTUS. They are in discussions to move forward. Expects summary judgement later this year after they set the administrative record straight.

Right. I get that they need to get all discovery from other cases settled before they launch a SJ motion in front of judge atlas. They need all factual questions resolved

investorG

« Reply #14559 on: January 28, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »
Legal appears to be a dud for 2020:  Sweeney and lamberth are 2021-2022+.  bhatti is most likely a loss.  rop is dormant.  Atlas hasn't even started with plenty of delay tactics possible.  The lawyers think the SC is punting on APA during this term.  There's some small chance the Seila ruling in June allows for major remedies but doubtful.

It's highly likely nothing materially positive happens until July at the earliest.  If Calabria's position becomes at risk post-Seila, maybe we get some action this summer if the team is still intact and committed to getting things done.  If he's constitutional for 5 years with firing only for cause, then probably nothing material (potential 4th amendment) until post election, either in the lame duck (trump not victorious) or 2021 (trump wins).