Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 4363739 times)

WB_fan82

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #15820 on: July 24, 2020, 05:45:24 AM »
Reading the CMLA comment on the cap rule.. what are "G fee reserves"?

It's an odd letter in that it spends one line on a suggested capital adjustment, but does not define nor quantify it.  All the rest is policy preferences post c-ship.

Anyone know what those are?

investorG

« Reply #15821 on: July 24, 2020, 11:48:13 AM »
Another day just like the prior thousands -- plenty of people wanting to sell at distressed prices.

The window for a 4th amendment is now potentially open through Labor Day.   Waiting for a lame duck is weak.   Paulson closed his hedge fund, there's no strong political reason to wait.  The advisors have been on the field long enough to make it happen with a couple extra zoom conference calls.   

Mark Calabria's FHFA release, Sep 30 2019:   "FHFA commits to working with Treasury in the coming months to amend the share agreements and further advance broad housing reform....Now is the time to act."   

I wish everyone good luck and a great weekend.

cherzeca

« Reply #15822 on: July 24, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
no reason to own GSEs right now if you are timing things.  the whole legal denouement awaits scotus next winter.  nothing administrative will be done until after Labor Day, when comment period has closed. 

will see some selling and price drift

emily

« Reply #15823 on: July 27, 2020, 05:55:36 PM »
“They looted 300billin from Fannie and Freddie mom and pop investors but have given 4 trillion in handouts. 75% say they have never made so much money as the free $1200 money in stimulus checks and another $600 a week in extra benefits and would not want to go to work. Yes that is like $4800/month above the unemployment benefit for a married couple plus another $1200. Why is looting of 300 billion so important if close to 4 trillion in handouts to most that didn’t even need?  Not only that another round of handout is in full swing. Unfair. “

investorG

« Reply #15824 on: July 28, 2020, 07:14:48 AM »
ACG (no) vs. Craig Phillips (yes) on capital rule comment period extension. 

Jcmeg35

« Reply #15825 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:29 AM »
Interview with Craig Phillips today:
https://housingfinancestrategies.com/our-follow-up-with-craig-phillips/

Guessing that is where you got that from @investorG?

investorG

« Reply #15826 on: July 28, 2020, 07:46:18 AM »
Interview with Craig Phillips today:
https://housingfinancestrategies.com/our-follow-up-with-craig-phillips/

Guessing that is where you got that from @investorG?

Yes. Unfortunately he's probably correct given the past patterns.

cherzeca

« Reply #15827 on: July 28, 2020, 08:00:28 AM »
I dont understand Phillip's reasoning...says these rules usually take years...well, this proposed rule is a redo of a prior proposed rule from 2018, so this has already taken years.  I dont buy it

muscleman

« Reply #15828 on: July 28, 2020, 08:39:27 AM »
no reason to own GSEs right now if you are timing things.  the whole legal denouement awaits scotus next winter.  nothing administrative will be done until after Labor Day, when comment period has closed. 

Hmm... Do Supreme courts usually rule this slowly? I thought they pick up a case in a term and would just rule the next term.... Why can't they do things faster.....
I don't see why admin would do anything after Labor day and before election. If they have dragged it on for 3.5 years, why risk doing it now right before election?
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

cherzeca

« Reply #15829 on: July 28, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

Hmm... Do Supreme courts usually rule this slowly? I thought they pick up a case in a term and would just rule the next term.... Why can't they do things faster.....
I don't see why admin would do anything after Labor day and before election. If they have dragged it on for 3.5 years, why risk doing it now right before election?

procrastinating and then rushing before a time limitation seems like how most things are done