Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 5123811 times)

Sunrider

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #16980 on: March 03, 2021, 01:47:56 PM »
Those work too.
Im looking to move some stuff to Interactive Brokers. I called and they said that the preferred are not listed as a ticker/security that they trade or have access to. Does anyone hold an account at IBKR and have the preferred with them? They have some pretty weird OTC stock rules it seems.

TIA.

I have all my FnF shares at IB now. I am able to trade every series I keep track of, which is 34 of them, including the variable-rates. I haven't tried to trade FNMFO or the privately-placed Freddie juniors (FREJO, FREJP, maybe there's one or two more?) though.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #16981 on: March 03, 2021, 05:56:19 PM »
I, too, own FMCCJ at IB

typicalvalue

• https://twitter.com/typicalvalue
« Reply #16982 on: March 04, 2021, 07:12:25 AM »
Im looking to move some stuff to Interactive Brokers. I called and they said that the preferred are not listed as a ticker/security that they trade or have access to. Does anyone hold an account at IBKR and have the preferred with them? They have some pretty weird OTC stock rules it seems.

TIA.

The CS folk who informed you is wrong. Have all my funds in IB and you have access to all series of jrs FNMA/FMCC, so you shouldn't have any problem. You have to accept some trading permissions to buy OTC, and then you can trade it.

orthopa

« Reply #16983 on: March 04, 2021, 07:23:23 AM »
Sounds great guys/girls thanks!

muscleman

« Reply #16984 on: March 04, 2021, 07:42:46 AM »
I bought a small FNMAS at 5.7. (2.5% of portfolio). This is a mid to low confidence entry so I wouldn't go big. I don't see anything positive fundamentally from this thread, so I am a bit cautious, but the technical setup looks interesting indeed. Please correct me if you think something positive is coming.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

Wiggins

« Reply #16985 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
I bought a small FNMAS at 5.7. (2.5% of portfolio). This is a mid to low confidence entry so I wouldn't go big. I don't see anything positive fundamentally from this thread, so I am a bit cautious, but the technical setup looks interesting indeed. Please correct me if you think something positive is coming.

Welcome back to the trade.

I think the general consensus of the rank order of possible outcomes for the SCOTUS decision is as follows:
1) FHFA unconstitutionally structured, no backward relief; NWS violates APA with remand for remedy back to lower court.
2) FHFA unconstitutionally structured, backward relief; (APA ruling doesn't matter in this scenario)
3) FHFA constitutionally structured, NWS legal

I view this as very positive. I would expect JPS to retest highs since 2008 in either scenario 1 or 2. I would be very interested in other views, particularly if anyone is considering the possibility that SCOTUS somehow rules on direct claims for shareholders who held at the time of the NWS. Michael Kao obliquely made reference to this in one of recent tweet threads although I believe he puts it at low probability.

muscleman

« Reply #16986 on: March 04, 2021, 12:43:55 PM »

Welcome back to the trade.

I think the general consensus of the rank order of possible outcomes for the SCOTUS decision is as follows:
1) FHFA unconstitutionally structured, no backward relief; NWS violates APA with remand for remedy back to lower court.
2) FHFA unconstitutionally structured, backward relief; (APA ruling doesn't matter in this scenario)
3) FHFA constitutionally structured, NWS legal

I view this as very positive. I would expect JPS to retest highs since 2008 in either scenario 1 or 2. I would be very interested in other views, particularly if anyone is considering the possibility that SCOTUS somehow rules on direct claims for shareholders who held at the time of the NWS. Michael Kao obliquely made reference to this in one of recent tweet threads although I believe he puts it at low probability.

Thank you! What's the expected timeline for SCOTUS to rule on this thing? Sometime in September? April?

MrSwankyPants

« Reply #16987 on: March 04, 2021, 04:13:38 PM »
ROLG has around April 1 pegged as the date. I believe this is based on Selia Law's timing last year.

muscleman

« Reply #16988 on: March 05, 2021, 08:40:48 PM »
ROLG has around April 1 pegged as the date. I believe this is based on Selia Law's timing last year.

Thank you! I appreciate it

emily

« Reply #16989 on: March 06, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »
“What was mnuchin doing for last 2 weeks of his last term in middle east? Was he busy drumming up business for his next gig on an expensive voyage on taxpayers money? We talk about taxpayer funded stuff, why not look into it too ? There were a lot of important things to take care of like GSE’s about which he spoke 4 years ago even before stepping into his office and did nothing”