Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 3667774 times)

DRValue

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #9780 on: May 06, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
You sell one investment for another if a better one comes along. Could be for portfolio rebalancing too.

How do you know he didn't sell for redemptions?
[E]xpedience does not license omnipotence.

Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

DRValue

« Reply #9781 on: May 06, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
So reading that, the Sears sale would almost cover the Vista investment. Likely a combination of reallocation and redemptions.

I've pretty much given up on lawsuits at this point. Bhatti is interesting but we'll see. Sweeney, I have no idea what's taking so long. It never seems to move.
[E]xpedience does not license omnipotence.

Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

orthopa

« Reply #9782 on: May 07, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »
Emily, with all due respect, many (not all) of your posts are simply a complaint about the current situation.  That doesn't add value to the board and just bogs it down.  With that said, I do appreciate it when you post something that adds value to the board.  Thank you.

1+

Luke 5:32

« Reply #9783 on: May 07, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
"The solid first quarter performance reflects the strength of the underlying business and the benefits of our business model. $2.87EPS!"

Common shares should be over $25.00 and Preferreds should pay dividends and should be at par. Theft from shareholders is on a massive scale and no one wants to publicly speak up or can do anything. Venezuela type.

Emily, it's probably against the rules of this website to copy a previous post of yours, delete the original, and then re-post it so it shows up as the most recent post.  That's happened at least 3 times with the post I've quoted above.

Keep in mind that the fundamental concept of value investing is to find something that should be at $X but instead is trading at a discount.  I understand your frustration, but security prices staying low for a lot longer (or forever) than one would hope or think is part of the process.
"I wait for You and my soul finds rest. In my selfishness, You show me grace..." My Hope Is In You by Aaron Shust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugD0i5Y3cw8

blackcoffee

« Reply #9784 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »
"The solid first quarter performance reflects the strength of the underlying business and the benefits of our business model. $2.87EPS!"

Common shares should be over $25.00 and Preferreds should pay dividends and should be at par. Theft from shareholders is on a massive scale and no one wants to publicly speak up or can do anything. Venezuela type.

Emily, it's probably against the rules of this website to copy a previous post of yours, delete the original, and then re-post it so it shows up as the most recent post.  That's happened at least 3 times with the post I've quoted above.

Keep in mind that the fundamental concept of value investing is to find something that should be at $X but instead is trading at a discount.  I understand your frustration, but security prices staying low for a lot longer (or forever) than one would hope or think is part of the process.

I have a question (note I'm not emily's 2nd secret account) I just have a question.

At what point does it become problematic that the entire gov't and 100% of the media is lying to the public about this subject and has been for an entire decade while the public is on the hook for it?

I would think people here, while I'm sure are feeling beat down, wouldn't be so quick to berate others pointing out the inequities that have persisted for so long. We're supposedly a country where the rule of law is equally applied. Thusfar the justice system has done nothing to convince me of that in my LIFETIME. Not just this case but everywhere I look. When the going gets tough the judges seem to get paid under the table or coerced into rulings that benefit the gov't.

So yes it isn't helpful to keep bringing up the same crimes over and over but it's worth remembering that at some point, if we continue down this path, our institutions are going to face votes of no confidence top to bottom. We must reverse course or else.

I think it is important to remind everyone of the context here from time to time. This is supposed to be America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:34:45 PM by blackcoffee »

Luke 5:32

« Reply #9785 on: May 07, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »

I have a question (note I'm not emily's 2nd secret account) I just have a question.

At what point does it become problematic that the entire gov't and 100% of the media is lying to the public about this subject and has been for an entire decade while the public is on the hook for it?

I would think people here, while I'm sure are feeling beat down, wouldn't be so quick to berate others pointing out the inequities that have persisted for so long. We're supposedly a country where the rule of law is equally applied. Thusfar the justice system has done nothing to convince me of that in my LIFETIME. Not just this case but everywhere I look. When the going gets tough the judges seem to get paid under the table or coerced into rulings that benefit the gov't.

So yes it isn't helpful to keep bringing up the same crimes over and over but it's worth remembering that at some point, if we continue down this path, our institutions are going to face votes of no confidence top to bottom. We must reverse course or else.

I think it is important to remind everyone of the context here from time to time. This is supposed to be America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

I agree that we should be reminded from time to time of the atrocities taking place but it's on a weekly basis, if not more often, from one person.  When the central thesis of an investment is that a wrong should be corrected, well, we shouldn't have to be reminded over and over again that there's a wrong that should be corrected.  If somebody has forgotten that part of the thesis then they shouldn't be invested in this situation at all.
"I wait for You and my soul finds rest. In my selfishness, You show me grace..." My Hope Is In You by Aaron Shust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugD0i5Y3cw8

emily

« Reply #9786 on: May 07, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
ďWhen the central thesis of an investment is that a wrong should be corrected..Ē I am impressesd that it is the central thesis of your investment and 10 years have gone by and willing to wait another 10  years and do nothing about it and that it will correct by itself. Very impressive.

I agree that we should be reminded from time to time of the atrocities taking place but it's on a weekly basis, if not more often, from one person.  When the central thesis of an investment is that a wrong should be corrected, well, we shouldn't have to be reminded over and over again that there's a wrong that should be corrected.  If somebody has forgotten that part of the thesis then they shouldn't be invested in this situation at all.

Sunrider

« Reply #9787 on: May 07, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
Yes, I agree! Itís very very unfair ... as your CinC would say (kinda like when the US lost against Trinidad and Tobago in cricket - had to play two countries at the same time ... very very unfair!

Seriously - donít bitch,  ... go vote. Go write to your congressman and get everyone else you know to write as well. If thereís no public pressure, why would a politician do anything? Itís not in their nature.

:)

SnarkyPuppy

« Reply #9788 on: May 08, 2018, 05:01:07 AM »

Oh stop it.  You're just trying to get rich easily and are upset its not playing out. 

blackcoffee

« Reply #9789 on: May 08, 2018, 07:07:29 AM »

Oh stop it.  You're just trying to get rich easily and are upset its not playing out.

wait am I crazy or was that not an answer the question? That was an attack on me!?!? What's that in Latin?