Author Topic: Movies and TV shows (general recommendation thread)  (Read 32460 times)

Xerxes

Re: Movies and TV shows (general recommendation thread)
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »
Thanks i ll check out. I spend my 20s reading all kind of history books. A lot on WWII and then spend my 30s catching the investment 'bug'. Now in my very early 40s, i am thinking i had those in reverse. I could have capital working for me a decade sooner and reading my history books in my 30s instead. It is not like the historical event changed.

I finished Bosch's last season earlier today, so went to watch Masayoshi Son's 3rd Quarter results.
its like a movie with multiple cliffhangers.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
Dark Waters was pretty good...if you like corporate intrigue, the law, etc.  Mark Ruffalo is terrific as a lawyer who takes on a corporate giant...very easy to give away what this is about if I say anything. 

Also for my Canadian compatriots, CBC's War of the Worlds is a terrific take on the old story.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Spekulatius

« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
Yeah, Liberator is worth checking out. i like the Visual Style, but I do think that the storytelling falls a bit flat.

If you do want to watch a really good WW2 swords, try “Generation war” on Netflix:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War

For something lighthearted and seasonal (Xmas), “Dash and Lilly” is well scripted and entertaining.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Xerxes

« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »
Thanks
The trailer for Dark Waters looks very interesting. I just hope the trailer didn't give away the story.:-)

Cheers folks,
we are going to need a lot of entrainment this holiday season.

Gregmal

« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2020, 07:26:14 PM »
Finished Queens Gambit and it was excellent. Especially so if you have ever taken an interest in chess.

Also recently watched The Company Men. Nothing great but good actors and a worthwhile watch if nothing else to remind oneself of where things were not too long ago and where they can someday be. Be grateful for what you have and dont squander it...side story in the movie was the number of people making good money who were living paycheck to paycheck.

cubsfan

« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2020, 05:31:44 AM »
^ I'll second the Queens Gambit!