Author Topic: Pabrai/Buffett partnership fee structure  (Read 62126 times)

ValuePadawan

Re: Pabrai/Buffett partnership fee structure
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2020, 02:25:47 PM »
Ya I have an appointment with a lawyer relatively soon thanks for the info I'll be sure to ask about all this with them and make sure I stay well within the legal lines. I appreciate it so much!
ValuePadawan, once you've seen a securities lawyer, please do update this post - would like to know outcome of discussion. Thanks

So I spoke with a lawyer and they recommended since it is just investing for the one family member, I draw up a simple contract outlining performance fees to be calculated once a year and charge them an advisory fee based on that. Seems like the simplest idea won out and I'm going to get that done in the coming weeks and start managing some of their money.

oakwood42

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2020, 10:28:45 AM »
Do you care to share your results over this period?

My information is all public. You can find anything you need with Google.

great website!

oakwood42

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »
Ya I have an appointment with a lawyer relatively soon thanks for the info I'll be sure to ask about all this with them and make sure I stay well within the legal lines. I appreciate it so much!
ValuePadawan, once you've seen a securities lawyer, please do update this post - would like to know outcome of discussion. Thanks

So I spoke with a lawyer and they recommended since it is just investing for the one family member, I draw up a simple contract outlining performance fees to be calculated once a year and charge them an advisory fee based on that. Seems like the simplest idea won out and I'm going to get that done in the coming weeks and start managing some of their money.

Thanks for the update ValuePadawan.